As I was saying, Corruption = Free Gladiator

My other topic was ignored and dismissed so it automatically closed after a month of no replies. I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again; corruption traits = free Gladiator/Elite PvP transmogs/titles/tabard/mount, etc.

How is this acceptable? I can no longer look at a high rated PvPer and say to myself “Damn, what a pro…” like I used to.

New video:

Old video:

3 Likes

the game now is at it’s most unbalanced idiotic stage that it has ever been period

sometime you get to wonder if blizzard hired the right developers for the job

i mean who would ever think that corruption is a good Idea as a replacement to the hated TF

6 Likes

I honestly think corruptions were a good idea. The real problem to me is that they’re way too powerful. And with the ever increasing corruption resistance this’ll only get worse and worse.

3 Likes

the first time corruption came out, there was no other way to get the corruption that is good for your spec, everyone had to depend on lucky RNG, and it was left that way for quite a while, people who got lucky drops back than were the ones that had fun, others didn’t

the problem is they don’t learn from their mistakes

in BFA first patch 8,0 Aerite gear was somewhat the same thing, and they create a vendor for it after quite a while, so instead from learning from their Azerite gear rng mistake, they repeat it in 8.3

but the problem right now with the corruption is being over powered, it diminish the competitive environment and game-play, it makes the gameplay none-skill based

the only fun part about it is character optimization (imo)

me personally i hate proc corruption, the only thing i like is the stats increase corruption

3 Likes

Stat enhancing corruptions are great. Either flat 12% crit/haste/mastery or the short duration proc such as racing pulse. They make your character strong but not silly op, it’s fun to stack them and see 70% haste unbuffed.

Still, 70% haste unbuffed will not kill a fully geared 2400 rated player in one hit by random chance. Like infinite stars proc did. They really got the balance off when it comes to corruptions dealing direct damage. What you see in this video isn’t normal either, as players are not supposed to stack 700 corruption. They are playing kamikaze specs, they have some tools to prevent the eye triggering but once they run out it will proc and kill them in one hit. It’s like tossing a dice, either you instantly die or them.

Was it really too hard to simply reduce their effectiveness in PvP while retaining the power for PvE?

2 Likes

Corruptions are pretty good for the game honestly, stat amps and all that is pretty fun, however, problems start arising when you are RNG oneshotting people. It should be controllable and counterplayable.

1 Like

They should have scrapped all damage proc, ans simply disable corruption in rated PvP combat.

1 Like

Unless it is a destruction warlock/fire mage that stacked haste like there’s no tomorrow. In 2v2s, there is little counterplay against chaos bolt/greater pyroblast spam on low cast times.

2 Likes

What really boggles me, is the time it takes Blizzard to address issues like this.

They linger for MONTHS on end, broken systems and over/underpowered specs.

To the player, the hands on experience is the most important part of the game, and when it feels bad, not fun or broken it makes the player NOT WANT TO PLAY (PAY)

But in the decision making, some guy when informed of this by the CM’s, just shoves it away going:

• “Okay, well… have a QA dude fiddle with it next season and a dev make required minor adjustments”

I’m sorry, but that’s not good enough!

If there is a game breaking system/mechanic in place, it needs to be fixed ASAP, all hands on deck fixing it!

The corruption system in PvP is NO DIFFERENT FROM HACKERS 1 SHOTTING WITH GODMODE!

NO ONE wants to PvP because of this garbage!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.