As of the end of this cinematic we have learned that:

Well, she’s a fictional character, isn’t she?
So not sure how people figure pinning the whole of BFA on Sylvanas is actually logical or just.

I’m afraid that if you’re one of the people hoping to story’d be better by just rubbing her out, you’ve effectively been proven wrong by the latest developments.
Narrative remains just as crap and to be honest…I personally don’t think the forecast is looking to bright either.

3 Likes

But I wanted to know My potential…

2 Likes

At this point I’d be all for going true B-Movie and serve “Count Death”. Perhaps even a “King Spooky”.

2 Likes

Anduin was caddy for Saurfang.

Yeah, that’s why I find it hard to have any sympathy with Horde players who complain about Saurfang being a traitor. Saurfang’s treason? Having the Alliance High King bow and scrape and give him all his ressources, if he only promises to stop killing his people after he deposes Sylvanas, and not rejecting him.

Yeah, I can totally see the Horde being demeaned by that one…

Edit:
That’s not to say that the Horde didn’t get royally canoodled, probably more than the Alliance this addon, but not all complaints are born equal.

Daelin did nothing wrong.

2 Likes

More like the Alliance is smart enough to see who was really responsible for the whole war. The Horde was lied to, manipulated and forced into a war that they could only lose by Sylvanas. They are the casualties of this war the same way the Alliance are.

Actually this gave me a whoe new respect for the forsaken. Until now, I was pretty sure none of them actually had free will and were little more than Sylvanas puppets. The fact that most of them actually stood by the Horde after the Lich Queen left shows that I was wrong. The forsaken might be undead like Sylvanas, but they kept their soul.

The Horde is used to follow the Warchief. Its a giant flaw of the system we currently have. And after Sylvanas ordered the burning, we had little chance but to fight in her war, if we didnt want to be destroyed. Saurfang and Anduin both saw past her manipulation and worked to change it.
Even if he didnt think so of himself, Saurfang was themost honorable of us all, and he died to free the horde.

1 Like

That’s cause you missed the point. It wasn’t cause Saurfang opposed Sylvanas, that’s a thing in the Horde by now. It’s that Saurfang had to be “motivated” by Anduin, the Alliance leader.
This “stronger together” crap does not fly when we were just mowing each other down a day before, when both factions have inflicted crippling damage on each other not based on a whim, but more like tradition, which even if we like it or not, it is a tradition fundamental to Warcraft.
Don’t take my word for it, just look at the how they advertised BFA.

Bottom line, you won’t cure 15 years of Red vs Blue with one cinematic. So yeah, I take issue with Saurfang’s and everyone else’s sudden paradigm shift.

Now Anduin is giving speeches on Orgrimmar, so in the end Sylvanas was right. The Horde is nothing.

6 Likes

That. I am pro-Saurfang but working with the Alliance was still dishonourable.

That didn’t make your position seem any less amusing considering the context, sorry.

We also learned that Kul Tirans will allow to be led by a boy-king that compares Daelin to Arthas.

Disgusting really.

3 Likes

The biggest and most glossed over tragedy of this patch, really.

Missed opportunity to not include Garithos in that list of mass murderers also. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Elaborate.

A potential fast food chain.

Because he wasn’t one. Duh.

I kind of like this outcome.

Though not an expert on the subject, then following WWI the Europeans wanted some payback after defeating Germany, so the Versailles treaty contained some extremely harsh punishments on the Germans, which ultimately led to WWII.
After WWII they had learned from their mistake, so the contents of the Potsdam Agreement and the Marshall Plan and so on, were all brought about in an effort to help the germans after their defeat and build a friendship (which we have today!) - not further punish them.

I like that mirror to WoW, in some weird way. It feels like the Alliance have beaten the Orcs more than once in the past, and the result of punishing the Orcs further with internment camps and such, that has always backfired and just resulted in more war and animosity.
So now they’ve arrived at the real-life ideal outcome: peace and friendship.

And then they’ve snuck in the fact that Tyrande still seems hell-bent on vengeance. Can’t help but draw the comparison to the Israelis in that regard either, who still go around hunting old German enemies to this day.

I like all that. Feels like an appropriate way to settle matters for now.

1 Like

Except they were actually winning the War it appears!
By 8.2.5 the Alliance army was about equal to Saurfangs rebel forces.
it is even state by Alleria Windrunner that only Sylvanas’ Horde can fight N’zoth.
(Which Frankly is stupid as hell)

I mean it’s technically 30 years since the conflict is mostly humans versus orcs.

1 Like

Love the comparison, but in wow time-line the war criminals ding-ding with their banners and are forgiven of all their crimes.
In our time-line the war criminals were judged at Nuremberg and killed.

2 Likes

It would be very interesting to have Tyrande ask players to get into missions to kill some high ranking Forsaken officers, or to destroy water caravans from Mulgore to Orgrimmar.
But knowing Blizzard’s history of doing nice things for NE, I don’t think so.