As title says £39.99 for an expansion with mixed content

As title says £39.99 for an expansion with mixed content

5-7 Hr 60 - 70.
30 Minutes of Cutscenes.
Dragonriding the only feature of the expansion which is a take off Sonic ring racing which goes boring after 1 hour of getting all glyphs and will be gone after next expansion rather have the ability to use my own mount.
No ability to farm M0 dungeons to actually do something in game.
Renown Rep Time gate farming that is hardly worth doing.
Professions which is in the right direction is time gated by scarce knowledge farm and a broken Work Order system that hardly anyone uses on public board tab.

The Developers said they do not want to restrict you but so far there is stranglehold on you. However the only good thing about this expansion so far is the talent system does add a bit RPG to your character again outside of that it is a lobby game with no substance and some of you would argue well its the foundation for the “third era” but that era should of started after legion.

This is my take on expansion so far what’s your + and - and don’t get me wrong I do intend to do m+ and raiding when it’s out that will soak some time but for me personally I can’t justify the £39.99 base game cost should of been £29.99 my opinion.

25 Likes

It’s all true, but the game is sold for addicted ppl and they would buy it even for 200 eur, and for new players, who get the whole WoW experience for that price, with all the expansions, not just the level 60–70 and dragon riding and it’s an ok price for all that imo.

5 Likes

Well slow down and enjoy it - it takes a lot longer if you do all the quests, read all the text and take part in the world.

49 Likes

30euros max, with 1 month sub time.

9 Likes

Instead of racing through content perhaps try an enjoy it, this is the most WOW expansion we’ve had in ages, took me 3 days to get to 70, just taking my time following the story doing side quests, dragon riding etc…

Still much to do days later and I don’t feel bored or a desire to logout after 30 minute that I had in SL.

47 Likes

Erm I was not racing through content On launch hour I spent 1-2 hours in game did all the quests and I did read quest text got to level 63. on second day I got to 66 and 3rd day I got to 70.

I did all the gylphs before hitting max level and did all the quests for dungeons it got me to 70 so quickly.

Now that to me was casual compared to my guildies who did all nighters.

But back on topic the expansion is a mixed bag for me personally and will see when m+ and raiding is open but there should of been something else to do without feeling timegated which is not fit for purpose in a modern mmo genre of today.

And for a price tag that was increased but content was decreased there is no justification in that.

8 Likes

Lol wut?.

Nice bait, 39.99 for 2 years of content works out at 0.345p a day, name another type of entertainment which delievers those prices.

A cinema will charge you 40 pound just for 2 hours entertainment.

So the fact levellling delievers 5-6 hours entertainment is already putting it in the lead. WoWs pricing is perfectly competitive, id of happily paid more.

DF is 10/10.

You dont buy a launch when buying a mmorpg expansion, your buying 2 years of content and support for the game.

If someone pays 39.99 for the game in 1 month

They will have all of these + the weapon starting and new raid. Its not like theyre delayed a month for the seaspn to begin

Because ur simply paying for the expansion access

27 Likes

£40 for 2 years of content is probably the mest deal you’ll ever find.

15 Likes

Sorry not when competitors offer better value for money in terms of content and patch candence then what so far is shown with Dragonflight.

4 Likes

So go play one of them then.

You’re moaning about an extra tenner once every 2 years.

24 Likes

Don’t forget a monthly sub also specially if blizzard do not stick to a consistent patch candence like they failed past 2 years.

But as I said my opinion will do m+ and raiding when they release but overall there is not much to do and clever enough to know what been offered on the plate so far and expect to see in the coming months is not worth the box priced of initial release don’t see where that extra £20 is put in the game so far.

4 Likes

You can complain about many many things in WoW - God knows I do! - but price isn’t one of them.

This is the right comparison.

To be fair, you have to add the sub price to that. But you’re still averaging out somewhere like a pizza per month - with or without pineapple! :stuck_out_tongue:

If you play any regular amount of hours, even as little as I was plsying the last few months of Shadowlands, it is outstanding value.

9 Likes

we paid 79.99 or something we were scammed totally for some skins i never used once

2 Likes

Outside of player housing (which I personally don’t care for) what do other MMORPGs offer that WoW doesn’t currently?

1 Like

Leveling isn’t the expansion’s content, it’s a tedious chore you have to complete before you can start enjoying the actual content.

3 Likes

It’s not a scam. They clearly communicated what they were selling at that price. You chose to pay for it and you got it.

It’s like moaning you paid for an air con in the arctic. Just because you aren’t getting value for your outlay doesn’t mean it was a scam.

Usual hate / no thought drivel. I almost preferred the alliance bias stuff.

9 Likes

Really, sounds like MMOs are not for you… Leveling, old content etc. is the majority of the game.

5 Likes

Do other activities that reward you with even higher than m0 gear instead ?

2 Likes

But not the majority of most people’s actual activities.
They M+, raid, or PvP. Sometimes farm old mounts, sure, but that’s it.

2 Likes

How cheap are your pizzas?! Unless ur talking frozen pizzas from a shop?

18 pounds a large pizza in the UK :joy::joy::joy: pizza is far more expensive then WoW could pay for this threads subs before id go over the price of a family pizza order.

5 Likes