Aslong as Fire stays as it is nobody will play arcane or frost

And that goes for both PvE and PvP so please rework the spec.
This is mainly going to be a PvP post as I do not have any interest in PvE.

Key issues with Fire(PvP)
Combustion
CC
Tankiness

Combustion:
Press one button and do nothing but instant casts that are all crits. Toxic design.
Rework the ability or nerf it in PvP. Make it so that everything isn’t an instant cast and guaranteed to crit if you dont want to rework it.

CC
Dragons breath into Ring of Frost or x3 Poly’s. Its just too much. Especially since they are all from a different spell school. If a fire mage gets interrupted on Poly or ring of frost he can still do damage where as every other caster in the game cant do anything… fix please.

Tankiness
Triune Ward, 3 types of CC, Alter Time & Cauterize…

Yep I wonder why fire mages are a raid boss.
Im sick of seeing this spec being so insanely broken and Frost & Arcane gets 0 attention. Someone at Blizzard surely likes Fire mages…

3 Likes

Press another button (dispell) and bye bye combustion. Outside of combustion windows fire mage is not a real threat. If your dispeller is CC’ed, then its probably your’dispellers fault for not saving emergency buttons for when the mage uses combustion.

To that i agree 100%. 3 hard CCs with 3 different schools. It is the most OP thing in the history of WoW. Its like classic WoW where every spec had access to every spell.

Triune Ward is needed at least for the other 2 specs, and its already nerfed (probably because fire mages gets access to alot of “tankiness”).
For the CC i agree as i already said.
Alter Time is dispellable.
I agree on Cauterize. Basicly with Fire mage having access to Cauterize and Ice Block you need to kill them twice in a 5min window before Ice Block comes off CD again.

Generally people “forgets” that there are alot of dispellable abilities in the game.

Yeah assuming that the mage doesnt have 3-4-5 buffs that needs to be dispelled first.

1 Like

Yeah deep freeze had to be removed but 18 second CD dragons breath is fine, great game design :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lets not forget that DB is aoe.

So instead of coming up with ideas how to fix Frost and Arcane you cry for
Fire nerfs?

How exactly will applying the nerfbat to Fire help improving the experience of the other specs?

1 Like

Things like Cauterize, uncapped AoE, not needing to step into melee or talent necessarily for AoE, having Instants - Fire has them all. Frost and Arcane have few or none. A good group creator looks not only at DPS but also utilities.

Not that it’s often a big deal, but the Cauterize sprint + Podtender can actually also be added here…quite a niche thing if used well.

Cauterize = greater invis = double iceblock,
All have uncapped aoe,
Fire steps into melee for DB a lot,
Fire does have to talent for aoe (loses 1% ST, not alot I know),
Instants frost has IL and proc’d flurry, arcane has barrage and fireblast at a pinch.

The only utilty advantage fire has is DB but its a good one. Frost and Arcane do have a lot more kiting utility.

I beleive that having hard CC from all 3 schools of magic available is one of the biggest advantages a fire mage has.

Dispell combust bro dispell combust bro coming from some pro fire mage over here.

No, stop being a toddler and ask for the other 2 specs to be improved instead of hating on your own class and trying to give us 3 garbage specs.

4 Likes

Wow, great solution. We have two bad specs, and you want to make the third one bad as well. Amazing. I cannot imagine how this would help at all. How about you fix the other two specs so they’re competitive?

3 Likes

There is a lot of bashing back and forth regarding the general balancing of the specs. Firstly I think that Blizzard should balance all specs to be around the same output. If they can not do this or won’t do this for certain specs, it sucks. It sucks because you end up sinking way too much time into a spec with the covenants, legendary, and the gear you get. It would be great if they at least at the start of the expansion could say that “Sorry guys, but if you want to be competitive this expansion as a mage, you should play it as fire”. It will suck for all the players that want to play as frost or arcane, but at least you know and can say f… it an play something else. Maybe we end up with just 1/3 of the total spes in that game actually played, but then maybe next expansion you will get the chance in another spec. I mean q… if they are not good enough to make it happen… then their staf is not good enough… It is just that easy.

Speaking about frost buffs, frost could have been an awesome spec in pvp (as it once was), if it haven’t had so many useless pvp talents.
Especially “Chilled to the Bone”, like what the hell, Blizzard? This pathetic excuse of a talent was her since its very introduction in Legion and it’s still the same. For like 5 years or something? It does 2k damage if your nova don’t get broken by damage. Can you imagine that realistically happening in any pvp situation? If I’m trying to kill this target it’s literally impossible, and even with Grisly Icicle (which is not a good choice for pvp) it’s very unrealistic. If it’'s on the CC target – then why would I need it in the first place?
Just curious what kind of genius could have come up with this idea and f**ing KEPT IT FOR 5 YEARS.

What could have really saved frost is giving us some ''uninterruptable" cast buffs. Like locks or pals have. Perhaps a rework of Ice Form? Make it give interrupt immunity instead of stun immunity? Even if it was only for frost school it would be great.

frost and arcane would automaticly be better if fire got nerfed. fire’s kit is way overloaded. if you cant see this then you are just biased af :slight_smile:

They wouldn’t be better at all? Fire would just be worse. Do you understand that there are more specs apart from the 3 that mage has? If all 3 suck, you won’t see mages brought to any content REGARDLESS OF THE SPEC, and that’s probably why you’re complaining anyway. So think this through again, then come back to me.

Blizzard could nerf fire mage right now, but it wouldn’t solve arcanes performance reasons in PVP and PVE (M+, raids.) Not even a flat damage buff would solve it, it would just make it less annoying.

Arcane needs some serious attention.

2 Likes

They did announced they are working on honor talents for 9.1. Long overdue

I think i will be swapping back to frost next tier since things have changed from 3 months ago and fire feels so bad out of combust, it’s such an unfun spec

I didn’t want to switch to fire from frost in the first place but damn blizzard takes its sweet time to figure out if a spec is undertuned or not.

I wish they cared a bit more about arcane though