Asmongold is right RWF is ruining WoW

I wouldn’t remember a good raid of its difficulty, but of the people I did it with.

I won’t ever forget ICC and Karazhan.

5 Likes

It had nothing to do with difficulty. They lost race. So they quit. Nobady cares about who is on second place.

As of right now now we’re being forced to raid if we want to be competitive in the content we actually like. Tier sets are a thing.

Oh come on. Blizzard is always nerfing bosses through the season. You probably got more than half a year the time to do the raid.

RWF is just another gimmick. It has 0 influence on the game when 60 people want to no life the game in the first 2-3 weeks, make billions of gold depth, and get gear feeded. Those players are doing it to themselves. What they do is so much an exception that nobody should look at it.

For real; Oh come on!

err, the youngest a boomer can be is around 66. The older Millenials can be 40 now…

Otherwise, I agree with a lot of what you say.
There is a myth going around for a while now that players need / want Challenge in order to feel fulfilled. So the zones are made into maze as god forbid just walking around should be too easy. And as mazes aren’t enough the mob density is set to “Pub on New Year’s Eve” level.
Then they up it another notch or two with The Maw, the Eye of Jailer and Elites everywhere. Plus no flying as you know, players need challenge.
But engagement with The Maw was not high and Blizzard toned things down in Korthia and Zereth Mortis.

Of course there is a time and place for challenge. In the Open World it should be forced into certain key objectives, having a tower with mobs guarding it and a big bad at the top is a reasonable place to have some challenge. Not just walking around a zone.
Also Blizzard have confused annoyance and frustration with Challenge.

As for Raiding, I’ve not done any (including LFR) for years. LFR just has too long a queue time. I’m not sure why, shortage of tanks and healers? Lack of players in general? What is putting these off doing it? Difficulty, toxicity, lack of rewards?

How I would organise Raiding (given I’m no raider) is:

LFR - story mode, easier than now with less or no rewards, personnally would like it solo or with NPC tanks / healers to reduce queue times. Aimed at ultra casuals.
Flex - 8 to 30 players lowish difficulty. Aimed at small friends and family guilds.
10m / 25m Hard Mode (call it Heroic or Mythic or whatever). Aimed at Hard core players.

3 Likes

Thus proving the OP’s point. People don’t like a challenge…

2 Likes

Did you actually see it? They were struggling for 3 weeks and were completely sleep deprived. If they’d have gone on for a week more we’d have had to call in the medics, seriously. They didn’t quit because they gave up - they’ve had world second many times and didn’t give up. They quit because their bodies physically couldn’t handle it any longer, and they said so very plainly.

Yeah it’s so great they nerf the bosses instead of powering up the characters to take them on.

These bosses just don’t need to be that hard. Nobody, except perhaps the people who love watching the RWF and thinks the patch is a disappointment unless it tortures these poor souls into near suicide, enjoys it.

2 Likes

So players what enyoj all 3 or 2 now gonna have to farm 3 different sets for each spec? Yeah thats totaly fun.

Only if you feel the need to be the best of the best in each of them.
You can make do with less easily.

Anyway… How it is now is NOT working. That much is clear.

1 Like

Except that limit max guy literally asked for harder bosses. I guess it is all subjective.

I just play my game and am not going to compare myself with the best players in the world. I can also not care about the highest keys done or mdi. It has 0 influence on my fun in the game. I will never be as good as them anyway. I let them have their fun.

1 Like

People have been saying this for years really :no_mouth: Hard content should be added on top of a solid foundation thats for everyone, not the other way around.

2 Likes

Overtuned? Normal too hard? Do we play the same game? Normal is a total cakewalk and has been since day one.

1 Like

Well, considering how he actually reacted to when it is here I hope he walked that back a little. Just a little.

The problem here is that this overly difficult content has unfortunately managed to pull the rest of the content up in difficulty as well. I mean I was completely shocked when our guild wasn’t able to blaze through at least half of Heroic. I mean just… wow.

1 Like

I thought this Asmondgeezer quit playing?

Another fart in a storm I guess.

It will never work. Becouse people like you constantly ignore very important aspect of video games. Path of least resistance. Majority of players will always do content what is most efricient way to get gear and fun factor have no value in this decision. Players will always sacrifice fun in order to be efficient and as long as mythic+ willl exist raiding will continue dieing. And ceeating multiple sets for each content will only annoy playersand push then towards mythic+ even more. Mythic+ should simply never be put into the game in first place.

When we get 40% increase just by tier sets, i guess we should just blame those. We are waiting for the catalyst for that big buff. Tier sets are atm destroying the game by making everything more difficult since it is balanced with that in mind.

We got the same thing coming from +22’s. Getting +18 keys in the new season and we were not able to time 15’s even. We barely were able to finish a +17.

thats bad answer

you know why its bad answer ?

because you could only guess how much more they would skyrocket if wow had at like 5-6 mln players not 300k - most of those casuals who actually dont mind buying tokens

if only can would be fun for them

thats becaue game should never be deisgned around people having 4 set and 2 leggos

game should be designed to be relatively easy and fun aorund people having 0 sets and 0 leggo - and if they do have it they should be able to go throuhg everything like knife through butter.

2 Likes

majority of players will do whatever is fun for them .

SoO flex mode was epitomy of that - everyone was doing it - from super ultra lfr casuals throughfriends and family guild ending with alts of mythic raiders

because it was objectively fun difficulty

1 Like

There used to be clear distinctions between PvP and PvE gear. I would welcome those days coming back properly. It hardly mattered having to have a PvP set and a PvE set with resilience or PvP Power etc. The reason I loved the stat was because I never had to touch PvP for PvE, over the years they’ve done various experimenting forcing PvP/PvE players to do content they don’t want to do.

M+ vs Raid is much newer. We’ve seen them experiment with tier and giving everyone access including even the casual players who don’t want to do organised raiding, pvp or mythic plus. This has once again meant some feel obliged to do all of the content to try and get 2 or 4 set as soon as possible, whether they enjoy it or not.

As for the RWF I don’t think that it ruins anything. I do think Blizzard could take it on as a proper event and have a tournament realm, there wouldn’t be all this ridiculous gearing and as a result we wouldn’t have to see so many restrictions placed on the rest of us to stop behaviours Blizzard feel are undesirable.

It would also mean a fair and equal starting point for all. Instead of this farce where the US start before the other regions and essentially get a head start. Equally the other regions benefit from seeing what the US has been up against before they start doing it themselves.

5 Likes