Assassination needs a nerf - we all know it

And subtlety/outlaw needs a buff.

Needless to say - assass damage is EXTRA AF right now.

I'm all for assass having good sustain DPS, but good sustain, burst and low cd control?

Nahhh, it's too much - meanwhile subt cant do anything except for spam cheap shots.
3 Likes
Assa doesnt need a nerf, other specs just need a buff.
8 Likes
No, it simply doesn't. Sub needs redesign. Outlaw is fine.
5 Likes

10/10 sub needs a redesign
1 Like

I agree, naruto spec just needs some redesigns.
Just give them fox demon form already.

#teampirate
3 Likes
I am a warlock who has recently re-rolled assassination rogue. Can anyone send me a guide or explain to me what my roll is in 2v2 or 3v3? I am not sure if I put my garrote and mutilate on all targets at all time, while CCing

I just would like to know more of the preffered playstyle
Nah guys - its faceroll atm, the dps output for the energy required is redic.

Being nerfed doesnt mean being made trash - assass needs it.

I think they need to leave rupture and garotte damage alone, but envenom is too much of a DPS spike rn - so much that the other specs look awful comparably.
1 Like
I can end up under the tank in myth + if i dont get my opener with 3x shrouded suffocation.
28/09/2018 20:02Posted by Vialism
Nah guys - its faceroll atm, the dps output for the energy required is redic.

Being nerfed doesnt mean being made trash - assass needs it.

I think they need to leave rupture and garotte damage alone, but envenom is too much of a DPS spike rn - so much that the other specs look awful comparably.

No it isn't , its only spiked when you use TB or vendetta+TB and on use. Then it is too high. Otherwise, its going to get the sub treatment. It crits for like 15k but has few crit modifiers.

It will be nerfed though; I wish they would fix sub. Revert the PA nerf at least.
For me, garotte accounts for far too much of an assassination rogues damage. It does far more damage than consistent 4 or 5 combo point ruptures even on a longer single target fight. I just don't understand that.

I'd also be happy with a number nerf in exchange for faster energy regen for a slightly busier rotation and more evnvenoms to use.
Words of wisdom.
28/09/2018 02:19Posted by Vialism
And subtlety/outlaw needs a buff.

Needless to say - assass damage is EXTRA AF right now.

I'm all for assass having good sustain DPS, but good sustain, burst and low cd control?

Nahhh, it's too much - meanwhile subt cant do anything except for spam cheap shots.

Is this pve or pvp? For PvE we're fine, the nerf to Shrouded suffocation hurt us badly.
Mad at sub nerfs, insists on assassin nerfs. I dont get this.
29/09/2018 20:34Posted by Khrunix
Is this pve or pvp? For PvE we're fine, the nerf to Shrouded suffocation hurt us badly.

PvP, sorry should have specified.

29/09/2018 20:55Posted by Condition
Mad at sub nerfs, insists on assassin nerfs. I dont get this.

Well no, subt needs to be buffed because its undertuned and assass needs to be nerfed because its overtuned - its 2 seperate issues.
Faced one of them yesturday op control op dmg and restarting a fight after i pooped all my cd
1 Like
lol just no. What do you want to nerf? its already low mobility, or survivability ?

Dmg is all assas have now. They didn't nerf it yet, because they don't know how to fix that spec. If you nerf its dmg again, it will be trash and then we got no good spec in arena.
People still don't know how to counter it because this spec wasn't very popular in arena since wotlk. and start and end of legion.

Assas dmg is nothing compared to Feral, DH, Enha, surv, atm.
Every arena when I meet jungle cleave I need to kite 90% of the time away from feral, because they can kill you even without cc. Dont even mind inc feral and enha buffs on tuesday.

They need either completely rework that spec and buff sub a bit.
Assas burst is the worst burst cooldown ingame and its easily counterable, or punishable if you just run away, just cause there's only one step.

If they nerf its dmg, they need to increase its energy regen dramatically, Add blindside baseline to the rotation and tune blindside dmg slightly, cause its very weak now.

Rework the whole spec, or leave it as it is. Imo buff all the undertuned spec and people stop cry.
Assassin doesn't need a nerf at all! Look at the charts, it's perfectly balanced. A more relevant thread to start is "SUB NEEDS A BIG BUFF"
28/09/2018 23:52Posted by Yakooza
For me, garotte accounts for far too much of an assassination rogues damage.

Yeah it does. If the tank decides to chain pull a few packs and deny me stealth openers it is way too damaging to my dps because i cannot garrote from stealth. Meanwhile other classes(such as DH) do higher dps without needing anything special like restealthing for every pack. Assa also needs reworking. It can be a good 5k dps lost without stealth opener.
Again - not talking about PvE - Purely PvP.
1 Like
ALL three Rogue speccs are more then fine.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19
1 Like