Assault on Darkshore seemed pointless

I played through the quest chain again - it just seems a bit silly that all of a sudden the same tyrande so touched by anduin and Genn’s gesture in Elegy would now be demanding the alliance a bort a crucial campaign they are fully aware the alliance was in volved in, to stop the horde who have already won darkshore and already murdered the citizens there.

It is nothing but a token gesture that means nothing. Rather than give the night elves substantial meaningful development building them up from 8.2, and whenever appropriate… it just feels so pointless and meaningless.

Don’t get me worng, Darkshore was cool the way they did it up for the warfront - but i would say after losing a global empire, arcane dominance, Well of Eternity, 2 World trees, Emerald dream nature connection, immortality and 2x near genocide - gettting hte night warrior buff in a zone that is meaningless at this stage given the other conflicts going on, doesn’t paint Tyrande or the night elves as the ancients they are supposed to be.

The 1st invasion was a far bigger calamity and catstrophe, and theyd idn’t react this stupidly.

At this point, i would rather they just forget about the night elves until they are really serious about building them up again, because as it stands currently, more attention is just going to ruin them further.

7 Likes

Just remember them for what they once stood for and play your race with that in mind.

No race has been spared, not even the Humans and the Orcs. If you dislike the way your race is written (and that’s pretty understandable for a Night Elf fan) and it bothers you a lot, shrug, unsubscribe and move on to another game.

1 Like

If they forget them now how should they get a good image in this expansion?

1 Like

That’s one way to deal with it, play another race. I wouldn’t wait around though, will be a very long time coming, if ever.

2 Likes

I just saw the post on the dev interview:

by Zarao

They worked this all so badly… So they purposely give tyrande a very meaningless inconsequential warfront – a warfront , and think that’s enough, that she has had her share… Azshara that is so much more inovlved and a part of night elf lore, - they think it is some how okay to shelve tyrande so others can have some space - you mean others they’ve giviing air time constantly for all manner of plots, yet the only other major night elf affair outside the leigon, (i.e. Azshara) excludes the very night elves - and they think Tyrande had her share is a good enough reason.

It’s like they don’t even know their lore - the way i see it, we’ve had 14 years of wow, with little to nothing of Tyrande, and very few night elf specific things. We get the first expansion in 16 years of a night elf related topic - i.e. legion - she plays a small role in 1 zone, and a small role in the other zone of hte next patch, both she and the night elves don’t feature at all for the rest of the expansion for their main big baddie. But Khadgar is fine having far more prominence than any of the kaldorei

Then they “give them their turn” - which is to slaughter them - and that’s their air time… slaughter and genocide.

When fans complain about the terrible treatment, rather than meaningfully develop them, they give them some meaningless warfront that means nothing - NOTHING after the damage has been done by the horde, that has no bearing on the main plot - Darkshore win or loss means nothing to whats going on in the expansion - the night elves were already slaughtered

and because they, not the fans, they blizzard give her that meaningless warfront (equivalent of a dungeon) , this is counted as “had her share”, and a reason why she and the night elves should be cut out of Azshara - yet humans who are constantly everywhere, ALL the time, don’t fail to make a meaningful appearance in Naz’jatar, and Jaina who has had far more presence than Tyrande in wow, doesn’t seem to have had her share after her large roles in 8.0 and 8.1 … Jaina who has no bearing on Azshara or the naga- the naga weren’t even in Dustswallow marsh, but have been involved whenever the night elves have turned up.

it’s more ridiculous.

6 Likes

Actually it’s rather sad.

While I understand that Nelf complaints have been rather heavy (justly so, imo) on the forums, I am actually quite sorry that there is no playerbase solidarity.

I mean, let’s face it, Blizzard could jerk up another hair-raising idiocy next expansion, since Chief Dumbskull is still at work, and it could devastate another race. And this would not be funny either.

Were Blizzard to see that story matters (well, to some) and the player base would show solidarity when things get out of hand (lore-wise) then they might - just might - treat their subscribers more like respected customers.

At the moment, they need not care too much, since each is out for himself in a sense that as long it is not the race they main “hell, what do I care”. That attitude makes the community weak and Blizzard know how to exploit that.

So, yes, it is rather sad.

4 Likes

I tried to make a big fuss to draw attention that the situation was outrageous, pointed out that I played (and even mained other races than nelves) but as you say, there is no solidarity. Got shut down. Sylvanas being butchered and killed by the writing could have fixed so much.

Frankly, if the bulk of the community is like this, I don’t want to know such people and you deserve exactly what you get for such selfish attitudes. I get the distinct feeling that people just want to shut me down because I complain too much. Why indeed, should Blizzard care when they retain a hardcore set of players who won’t leave when treated terribly? Often the same people who’ll shut down other people’s complaints.

I pity those of you that remain here, proud in the conviction that Elyssa and the departing nelf fans are wrong. We did warn you that a new low had been reached, and you could be next. But rather than supporting us in trying to nip this in the bud, like with the Tyrande Ascension PTR Scenario - you’ve shut us down. Because it’s too much complaining and not enough of you got your revenge for Taurajos, Dalarans, Southshores, etc. You made your bed, and you can sleep in it.

5 Likes

Ah yes because those that main other races get sooo much support and don’t get told that they should shut up because nelves have it worse.

It’s so sad. Alexa play Nightsong.

5 Likes

Correction: I stated that you got a revenge in Taurajo with the death of General Hawthorne, where as the Commander(s) behind WoT and Teldrassil are still alive. And pointed out that there was no revenge/balancing for Teldrassil. And some people took it another way and interpreted it how they liked.

1 Like

And I told you it was nonsense but you kept running with it because you can’t handle that Night Elves aren’t the only victims. It’s almost like a prerequisite at this point.

7 Likes

I mean, I got told the Silverpine guerilla operations ending in shattered defeat at the foot of the Greymane wall were compensation for Gilneas!

4 Likes

False. I have discussed with people here for at least a year, involved in discussions as varied as mass trolls being burned by THoradin and co. to the Second War, to Hillsbrad (oh that was a fun place to run my Horde alt through…it wasn’t), and of course Theramore itself.

Everyone makes mistakes, even you, especially when typing quickly in a very heated conversation. You want revenge for Gilneas? Sure, it could have been in tandem with Sylvanas being taken down by the night elves etc. But nah, I’m just ‘unable to see the suffering of other races’.

And I am aware that you kicked me from the other forum discord. That was unwise.

That is not a discord, but a group. And I judge it wise.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/500702390475948043/579054868703084553/318zru.png

Regarding the meme, honor to the exceptions. But I have seen night elven fans legitimately insult people without provocation these last two days.

And I am someone who has defended the night elven stand point in both the War of Thorns and the Darkshore scenario debates. Anyone can check that, I can find the posts myself. But this, this is beyond description.

4 Likes

You are asking for one of the main characters of the expansion to be killed off by your favoured race before the expansion is even over. Do you not see the paralells here with the Horde players asking the same for Jaina?

If that is what it is going to take for you to be content then I have some very bad news for you.

3 Likes

You want Sylvanas to hang around as Warchief, after everything she’s done to both the Horde and Alliance? Garrosh was killed for less.

When Jaina burns down Orgrimmar or another Horde capital, then that statement has merit.

1 Like

Did I say that? I don’t think I did. I’m just pointing out your demands for satisfaction are ridiculous.

In your biased eyes perhaps but it’s still the same mindset, sorry.

7 Likes

Then get rid of her. I offered a solution, if you don’t like it, then that’s your right to do so. None of the races in BfA have suffered from Sylvanas as much as the night elves have.

Right suit yourself, I mean the gilneans still don’t have their home back and had their second home burn down along side but f them, it’s all about the nelves suffering!

I am sure there are many worgen fans who would love a warfront dedicated even to the illusion that they’ll get it back but who cares about them? None have suffered as the nelves! None ever will!

6 Likes

Just gonna quote this as a reply:

Points at Jaina comparison, bored now of the infinite loop of suffering.

4 Likes