At the rate of which things are going, Rank 14 will likely be more of a badge of shame

I think most pepole play clasc for nostalgia and a more relaxed gameplay. Hardcore mentality ruined a server in 3 months. I don’t think that hardcore mentality is good for longterm health of the game. The issue with r14 is that it is 2019 and there is rated pvp in retail, i am afraid that pepole are chashing something that doesn’t exist anymore.

1 Like

The problem is people that have not tried/think they can reach the number one spot in anything with that attitude.
To be number one in something by default logic tells us you need to be the hardest of hardcore. The ranking system in vanilla/classic is not something you can beat with “luck”, you cannot just happen to get standing: 1.

Hardcore mentality had nothing to do with Flamelash collapsing for Alliance. NO ONE was going to make Rank 14 with Wpvp as the forums will clearly show after the next reset where ppl will complain about honor numbers required to advance in the rankings.
What it’s did however is show that people will not accept sociopaths/egomaniacs harassing you every minute of the game outside a major city or dungeon.

3 Likes

Aren’t those people the current top rankers?

…maybe? (What are you even replying to?)
How does it change the fact that you need to put in alot to become number one? You cannot play casually an just happen to become number one, that’s not how ranking systems work.

1 Like

I agree that you canot play casually and be r14 but where is the pvp skill? Defenaately not in the 7 minutes pve AV.
I was replaying about Flamelash. The current top rankers are probably Flamelash type players.

I’m up for the grind til rank 10, i remember the old days as a kid asking my little brother do av’s for me (i pay’d him for it), yea rank 10 it is and then back to pve

blue gear is almost bis for fury warriors so why not

1 Like

Skill and wow pvp are not realy related tbh

1 Like

Wow classic pvp. You need a lot of skill to reach hight retail pvp ranking .

You just dont get it, i find it ‘‘fun’’ to grind av like an idiot do the same over and over with some music in the background, the grind is fun, you agree or disagree i dont care…

THANKS BLIZZARD FOR THE BEST EXP SINCE 2004

2 Likes

Skill in this case it the highest amount of honor points?
It’s not about being a mage and using frost nova to totally #outskill a warrior.
You are not ranked based on being able to cc someone properly or not.

Exactly. I think its great if they rush AV again and again all day long. WSG is fun. but less efficient for honour. I hope it stays that way. It makes WSG more fun and a more pleasant experience.

1 Like

In League you need actual skill to reach high ranks. In this Honor System all you need is time and then go do things that arent actual proper PVP.

1 Like

Yeah, all you have to do is get lucky in hundreds, if not thousands of games. I am sure there are many players in top tiers that just got lucky with teams…

Do u to to fire fighters funeral and shame them for not even literally fighting fire and winning? U know what shame is? Saying how winners are bad ppl…

1 Like

Rank 14 was practically a badge of shame in vanilla too…

Grand Marshal’s Claymore was a double edged sword, the biggest, shiniest double edged sword you could get.

Thinking you will get Rank 14 by playing 10 hours a day. How adorable.

1 Like

R14 char or the guy next to him on a winterspring mount.

i know who gets my nod of approval.

The one who claims he went outside and saw the sun this one time.

Don’t trust him, he’s a liar.

1 Like

R14 has always been the symbol of a deranged no life mind.

3 Likes

The most pathetic post I’ve seen in a while, there is a reason it’s called the grind… it takes forever, it took forever back then and does now too, you mean to say that the truly motivated should get their rank as soon as they can?

1 Like

I think you completely misunderstood the post.

Its about how Rank 14 players will not get famous, but rather hated for ruining Classic.