Auction House causing characters to become unplayable

This is on Kazzak. When I post something to the auction house and the loading circle animation plays on the auction house screen, if I walk away from it my character cannot do anything else. It even keeps it online to the point I must wait for it to be forcefully removed via AFK. The funny thing is I can play another character on the same account whilst it’s doing that and can even message myself.

It’s almost as if your character gets “stuck” in the AH system and you cannot do anything until it resolves your action, even just trying to post something. Extremely annoying though as I cannot post anything on it whilst prices are obviously dropping.

8 Likes

This happened to me and reported on here 6 hours ago.

I did log in a couple of hours later and it seemed to work ok - not pushing it though :+1::grinning:

Can confirm this is still ongoing, just happened to me twice in a row. Blizzard, what’s going on? This is kind of ridiculous.

Happened just now on Kazzak as well, browsing AH, nothing happened, alt+f4 and character is stuck

Happens here too, with characters on Sporeggar and Defias. Every time I’m on the AH more than a few minutes, I get an eternal spinning circle on the AH and the game seems stuck.

I have to force quit the game, and when I try to log back in it says the character already exists.

1 Like

Such an annoying bug. You can instantly fix it by alt + f4 and do character unstuck on blizzard website but that has a 6 hour cooldown so you best pray it doesn’t happen again.

Character becomes available for login again after about 20-30 minutes, so you shouldn’t need to wait for unstuck. At least for me it does. Obviously though, it doesn’t make this bug less annoying.

Edit: Hasn’t happened yet as of today. Hopefully it’s fixed forever!
Scratch that, it’s happening again.

This is STILL a biig issue…
They need to ban people using Bots for AH etc … it’s destroying the game completely!
You can hardly use AH at any time a day.
It’s only the AH that lags out massively, so it must be people botting the AH …

Happened to me after canceling auction. When i logged back auctioned items were gone and mailbox empty.
Maybe someone had similar problem? Will items come back after few more hours or blizzard just stole my money? Was a hefty sum…

Happend to me. Ticked was auto resolved with automated response that gave link to nonexistant threat and to wowhead. About 5h passed. Item freaking ace of earth (300k gold)…

i have lost 3million gold so far due to this bug, the only way you’ll get it back if a GM actually looks into the logs/files and manually gives you the items back, it’s a longshot but if you get lucky on you’re ticket u might get it back, i pray we do, but by the time it gets looked into i will forsure lose a million due to prices dropping

edit: nvm items appeared back on ah after server restart

I’m also getting this on multiple characters, whether using TSM or the default AH UI. Big spinning circle, then I can’t do anything else in-game, until eventually I get D/C’d. Though it was funny walking around with the 2 NPCs from the AH mount attached to my sides :slight_smile:

This latest was with just searching for an item [Technique: Renewed Proto-Drake: Bovine Horns] prior to deciding whether to buy out the ones at half the previous price prior to posting the one I’d just got.

Before this, it happened whenever I was mass-posting more than 100 transmog items and also on the separate banker I now use for region-wide consumables. The former got D/Cd (eventually) 3 times. Reported via in-game ticket,

I can confirm this issue still persists today. I just got soft-locked and am currently waiting for my character to become available again as we speak.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.