Auction House need a revamp urgently

I think this problem started affecting increasing numbers of realms. What im talking about?

Selling anything on the auction house is currently very problematic, at least on the realm where i play. But as i heard from other players on reddit, this problem is present on other realms too.

At least on the realm where i play, a low number of players completely expropriate the auction house. This means anything you post on the AH, it gets undercutted within a minute by these players who keep sitting on the AH during every day and every night.

They have only one purpose: To keep other players undercutting (by re-posting their items to the first place) to prioritize their own items for selling to become more and more richer. And they dont care about other players and likely using addons to track when they get undercutted and just keep aggressively re-posting their items in the moment when relized that they are undercutted by anyone else.

As a result of this, an average player have very hard time to sell anything on the AH. Basically they making it unusable for selling anything.

An example from a player who doing this: He have every item mass-crafted from the professions what can be weared by players between ilvl 200 and 230. This including every single non-legendary items from BS, JC, LW and Tailoring. All items crafted by the same player and this dude doing all the stuff what i mentioned above during every day. And there is at least 3 or 4 more players on the same realm where i play who are doing the exact same thing. They just keep switching to each other.

I think this needs to be stopped, or at least somehow balanced, so that these AH goblins don’t have that much advantage over those are not have millions of gold on their account.

There are multiple success stories already on /r/woweconomy sub-reddit about how peoples doing 80+ millions of gold within some months, or even weeks. All those players are doing exactly this what i mentioned above.

11 Likes

I agree ! It is almost impossible to sell anything on AH these days ,as those campers push you down in few seconds .

3 Likes

Reject auction house, return to trade chat. That is how I sell my Felsteel Longblades.

So classic is affected too, not just Retail… Great…

People who sit ah 18 hrs per day, AH bots + botters who sell his stuff by 100000 parts each day. Less players playing the game. Prices damped significantly. My server is 2-nd horde RU server in PvE terms, even here AH is dead.

1 Like

Okay, mate, now tell me this. People who are investing their time (a lot of it) into auction should what, just give you free money or just leave market? I agree that AH needs a revamp, but just for people who are making money on it, not for regular players who spend like 5 minutes on AH and expecting to get rich. WoW AH desperately needs Buy orders just like on Steam. This will make life much more easier for people who are really passionate about goldmaking in this game. And people who have like 10-20 items to sell and complaining about Goblins should just reconsider their expectations and their goals on AH.

Nobody is expecting to get rich .People want to sell their items and not to be pushed down by campers ,price is less important.

1 Like

the game need a revamp urgently…

Not a revamp of the AH, but Blizz must break AH automation that many players are using to execute the actions you mention.

Blizz had to nerf it, by limiting the amount of calls people could make to the AH by like 10 times, because these bots were lagging out the AH for everyone. Yes, they are bots.

If people aren’t allowed on paper at least to bot herb gathering, they shouldn’t be allowed to bot the AH either.

1 Like

well, they are not allowed to bot on the auction house. its like botting for herbs against the rules.

botting for me is a fully automated process which does not require any human interference. so im not sure whether we talk about the same thing. maybe you just mean tsm macros or something.

1 Like

And what stops people from just start using TSM for e.g.? What’s wrong with this automation if its not violating ToS? Its not a third-party software its just an addon, those functions were intended within a game. Why it should be nerfed? Just because the majority of people is lazy enough to learn something new? I myself am reposting my items very often cuz I have time to invest into AH, and even without bots (what tf is auction bot) I’m doing it very fast, and even though sometimes I find myself fighting with one other person for a top spot on AH, I just sell things no matter what.

Excuse me? Everyone wants to get rich, but currently it’s easier to do it by boosting, because AH needs 24/7 attention.

“Okay, mate, now tell me this. People who are investing their time (a lot of it) into auction should what, just give you free money or just leave market?”

I dont tell that they must leave the market. But except for that person who doing this, this is definitely a problem for every other players on the server. I just want to make enough gold for my next month of game time by selling some items per week, not constantly. But i cant, because other players dont buy my items. Because of this type of players who sits on the AH and constantly keep their items on top of the lists. And players gonna buy their items instead. If someone buy his item, he will post the next bunch of them. And this will going for weeks or even more months. I dont have months to wait for players until become the richest on the server, and maybe he never will be stopping grinding with this method.

Very true about boosting, but about AH I wouldn’t say it needs 24/7 attention but it still needs enough time to set everything up

If you want to make a sure profit sell below market price.

They will follow you, whatever price you have. They undercut you every time. Even if they are lose some profit too. This is one of their strategies. Get rid of competitors, and keep making profits.

1 Like

No, AH goblins never undercut. If you sell below market price, they’ll just buy your commodity themselves and relist it at higher price.(Well, sometimes they undercut trying to drive the price down, so they can buy everything cheaper)

3 Likes

Okay then, lets analyze your example with 200-230 items posting.

First of all, they are very cheap to make, maybe crafter marks are a bit expensive (and ofc you need some rep to grind) but it depends on a server. Secondly, unlike i87 items which people often buy despite stats, i200 and i230 items majority of people choose by their stats priority. This leads us to the point in which no matter where your item is listed, if you have right stats people will buy YOUR item, not first on the list.

I myself crafted 5 of each LW items i200 (Shadowscale and Shadebound) on last wednesday and since then I repost them once a day when they expire. During those 5 days I sold 36 out of 80 crafted. Even though some of my items are at the bottom of the listings, they still sell pretty well.

With all that said I don’t understand whats the problem still and why people are so mad about others who just make more effort on what they are doing.

I know that already. I dont know what realm you are playing, but here this guy post multiple items in the same category, covering the most used stat combos too. He is not dumb i think, he clearly knows what stat combos sells better than the others.

I have similar guy in my realm, these guys are probably selling gold for real money, he has been camping ah for at least 8 months now.

I have posted about this topic as you did but playerbase seemed to pay no mind, oh this is part of the game oh ah players are wow players too no they are not players they are real money gold selling bots.

There could be solutions for example dont let them relist for 10 mins or more after they cancel the auction etc.

Right now latest auction with same price appears at the top If they make it appear as random they will undercut it by one copper, so undercutting should be reworked too, there should be minimum undercut limit like %5 of the current minumum price.