Auction house postings.. fix the flooding

Please do something about the auction house. Its full of posts of 1 stack…

like for example do so you can post 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 or something…

2 Likes

dw they’ve been working on a rework…for quite a couple of years now.

Edit: Imo they should do what they did to the LFG addon at the end of legion. Just don’t let the addon do the thing for you. then if you want to spend hours to post hundreds of auctions be my guest

1 Like

Oh nice didnt know of this
Source ? :love_you_gesture:

In the meantime, the “Auctionator” addon is a good alternative. Use the “buy” tab when looking for something.

3 Likes

dont worry those are just returning players that realize they are paying tons of gold for listing stacks of 1. unless they are enchanting mats

Just use tradeskillmaster and you wont have to skip 20 pages of single stacks

Yeah Blizzard has already made it not worth to post single items.
But they do need to finally update their auction house. The standard one is awful.

1 Like

The AH is really annoying to use now. The need to limit the amount of auctions an account can list per day.

I would love to see a revamp of the auction house. And the new change would allow you to post how ever many of the item you want as one stack. Even if you post multiple stacks it will display yours as one unless they have different prices. And people would be able to buy however many they want from that stack and they will pay accordingly. That would help with the flooding problem and also make it easy for people that need only a few of crating material for something so they don’t have to buy whole stack.

1 Like

They would really just have to make a better system to browse in the ah. Addons already do this pretty well.
Putting a limit on accounts would just give a rise to multiboxing.

You can put a limit battlenet wide. Most (probably like 99%) of boxer including myself use accounts under an unique battlenet.
But in my opinion, limits are a bad things, i would probably go with an expodentialy increasing fee when you put in sale multiple time the same object.

Limiting accounts with listing would be horrible, i try to sell alot different stuff. But for example for enchants i have to a few every 5 minutes or so because there are some turds that spent their day 24/7 at the ah and will quickly undercut you with 1 copper.

Besides if you use an add on the all the singles do not bother you you just see stuff on a single bar saying that player x posts 356 single tidespray linnens and then under or above it you see the next person who posted stuff

I agree that a limit would be a bad thing. Also don’t think a fee would be good, it would ruin the transmog market.

Ah do you mean multiple stacks? That I might agree with ^^

i got to agree on this the fee already got increased so now when i list things i literally pay about 2000g or more just to list things and then im not even listing things in stacks of 1. People who undercut others by one copper should get a huge fee increase though

Nope even worse idea, people buy runes mostly in 1s, I got 20 from a bag on the realm with no raiding chars. So I posted 20 singles. They could limit it maybe that you can’t post more than 10 singles of an ore, rest has to be 5s/10s/etc. but you can’t limit the total amount of auctions.

Also why buy mutple versions of enchants etc.? Can’t outlaw single postings nor limit the amount you can post.

do you mean augment runes? If so you can easily post them in the biggest stacks possible, i have no trouble selling them on my dead server, saves you alot of gold. Because runes are some of the most expensive things to list on the ah

If anything its got better since they rised the price to put items on 1 by 1 but yes the AH needs a revamp and badly .

Vantus, either they get made by a guild or people buy them 1 by 1 if they need one for the week. I wish that bag dropped on the main…

Actually a really good idea.

Extending that; clump all auctions of the same price regardless of the player who posted them. Say I want 50 linen cloth. It’s fine if 27 come from Xxlegolasx and 23 are from Naruuto. If they both posted amounts for the same price, I have no interest in choosing between them. Sell them to me in the order they were posted.

Or even; ask me how many linen cloth I want. Tell me what the current lowest price for that amount is. Let me yay or nay that.

With regards to un-stackable items; only display one. The one with the lowest price. I don’t need to see 37 bone hammers of the eagle.

no, no limits!! you want to be headed towards the system in Rift? No more than 200 auctions and for 100 auctions more you have to make a microtransaction. Don’t give them any ideas!! Oh wait…

On the other hand Rift’s auction house allows ppl to buy 1 out of a stack of 200.

Blizzard however thought in all their limited wisdom about economics, it would be wise to have ppl who post singles pay a higher deposit cost without the ability on the buyers side to buy 1 out of a stack of 200, so stupid! (unless it’s meant as another gold sink, how transparent!)

The outcome is that i’m facing stacks of 200 while i want only 1 or maybe 10, not gonna pay like 2 to 3K (or sometimes more) for a stack of 200 of mats when i don’t need that much. Furthermore if i put the rest back on the AH, I get charged with a higher deposit cost.

Currently playing classic,i saw the AH grow from fast in the morning to idiotically slow during the late afternoon until late in the evening. They were able to fix that! So, why can’t they fix that specific problem on retail with a better solution than interfere in a stupid way with server economics??

Plus, even without any AH addon, aren’t you ppl able to sort on columns? (High to low and vice versa)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.