Authenticator migration mail but already on new authenticator

I have received a Blizzard mail that I have an old authenticator and need to migrate to the new Battle.net mobile app:

[…] Your account is still set up to use the legacy Battle.net® Authenticator app, which will be retired on 5 January 2024. Download the new Battle.net mobile app now and migrate your authenticator to avoid any issues logging in. […]

I already migrated to the new Battle.net app months ago and even already used the authenticator mechanism in that app many times. Proof that I have it installed: https://imgur.com/tVFjN46
I don’t even have the old authenticator app installed anymore. Also, the mail is a legitimate mail from Blizzard and not a phishing mail.

What should I do with this mail? Is it sent by mistake or is there something else going on? I don’t want to lose access to my account.

I think they are just sending that email out to everyone regardless of their account/authenticator status.

[…] Your account is still set up to use the legacy Battle.net® Authenticator app, which will be retired on 5 January 2024. Download the new Battle.net mobile app now and migrate your authenticator to avoid any issues logging in. […]

They are even sending that exact same email out to people who don’t even have an authenticator on thier account… which obviously makes no sense at all.

Ok thanks that eases my mind a bit. Hopefully a Blizzard employee can also confirm here everything is ok.

Hi Doggofloof,

The email should only have been sent to accounts that are still on the old authenticator, so you may want to double check with the steps from the pinned thread:

At least so far we’re not seeing reports from other players having received the email incorrectly, but we’ll keep an eye on it!

That’s not true, as i said above they are being sent incorrectly. I’m one of those people.

Hi, thanks for your reply but like i said, i already migrated a while back and have already used the authenticator and approved login requests multiple times in the new app. What should i do to be safe? Contact support?

Hey Doggofloof,

There’s nothing that you need to do, if you’re using the Battle.net application. :slight_smile:

As Tyrskorn mentioned, these emails should be sent to users of the Authenicator application only. If more users report receiving this email while using the new app. that’s definitively something we’d be interested in.

2 Likes

Okidokie thanks.