AV nerfed version - why blizzard?

Damn i was afraid of this, this sucks immensly one of the main reasons i came back to classic was the old AV valley experience not this dumbed down version that only requires zerging.
please change AV back to the 1.8 version Blizz!!

5 Likes

They told us yes, and forums have been bombed ever since with reactions of people who hate this.

4 Likes

Well this was a terrible AV version to go with as expected. The only thing that surprised me is that it is even worse than it was in Vanilla, and it was already really bad in Vanilla.

In Vanilla we at least waited for a couple towers. Sure there was very little PvP involved but still. With far better geared Classic players nothing is needed and it’s just a speedrun for honor now.

4 Likes

The sad part for me is that some random dudes managed to do a better classic pvp system than blizzard. No messed up AV farm for ranking, no weekly reset buggs, updating gear as the content goes along. But you guys at blizz are just to lazy to put in the effort necessary to make pvp good

4 Likes

I hadn’t played AV in 13 years. I got so excited when I got in and then it was over in 8 minutes. Horde and Alliance just rode past each other and rushed to the boss. It was really an anti climactic experience.

8 Likes

Didnt know that a big Company like Blizzard can fail that hard. SUCH A BIG MESS !
There have been so many discussions About AV in the last years. AND NOBODY LIKES PLAYING AV AS A PVE GAME!

4 Likes

Just let me get to exalted and then you can fix av however you want. Thank you. Any av version sucks imo.

Blizzard… Again you failed miserabily… How can have you imagined that we liked this ? How ?
That is not the Vanilla experience we wanted, how can you not know that ?
… What a bad game decision…

5 Likes

Pls fix av Blizzard!
This zergfiesta is a boring crap.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting 3 months for AV. I like PvP, but it’s imbalanced on most cases. Even AB and WSG are unfair because of PREMADES.

In AV, no premades, lots of people on both sides, mixed classes, races, talents and gear made for interesting battles that could last 12+ hours.

So this nerfed AV destroys a huge part of the stuff to do at 60.

You know… changing things to the WAY THEY WERE is always okay because you can use the argument “this is what you asked for”. Changing it according to the feelings and opinions of people that never played it in the first place or that will never like it no matter how it is is NOT acceptable. Changes are for WoW2, not even expansions… but it’s been 15 years and you still don’t get it.

5 Likes

Again. Nobody is forced to rush to the other factions boss and kill him. If you want a 12 hour zerg. Zerg for 12 hours! Nobody is stopping you. It’s the players that define, how they want to play AV not Blizz. Apparently the majority of players enjoys it much more to just rush over and do some pve boss pull instead of facing the opponent faction players.

1 Like

I agree with you, but you say you’ve been waiting for three months for AV, how did you not know it was going to be like this? Many of us made our feelings known months ago when this version was announced. It’s literally the worst version of AV but clearly the easiest for Blizzard to implement, hence why we get this crappy version and not one of the former, and more superior versions.

2 Likes

I cant wait to spend weekend doing Zerg fest AV’s brings me back memories of farming honour there years ago lolol. I expected the AOE spam for 1 hour on bridge version but this will do.

after farming this for 2 hours, i can safely say that this is the most pathetic and boring “pvp” experience in any game…

i don’t understand how streamers, and some ppl i know, will be farming this all day every day.

i would die from boredom

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this game for years and years and the PVE has never really interested me. I’ve given it a good shot and it’s been fun don’t get me wrong. Blizz you’ve done a fantastic job. BUT WHAT IS THIS AV? I genuinely think this is worse than retail. I didn’t wait all these years and grind it up to the top to sit and zerg farm the boss. Like the towers don’t even matter? That’s where some of the BEST authentic PVP occours in the small scale battles for objectives.

You’ve done a fantastic job so far, please do NOT ruin the PVP in bg’s especially as we don’t have arena this expansion. Change it back. MAKE towers important again! make the PVP actually PVP.

4 Likes

its for sure not the players. the defense/dmg of the tower/base is all nerfed down :stuck_out_tongue:

Bring back old AV and bring back WSG PvP Premades!
Or atleast nerf AV honor gain.

probably wont happen…

how long does it take to get the rep to exalted in av with those 7 min races?

The bigger the company, the less people in it will actually care. Blizzard is proof of that, as years went by they cared less and less about Wow. The company that ran vanilla is very different than the company that runs classic and it shows.

1 Like

Blizzard is remembering us the fun of retail PvP. Agree, time to stop playing this, dont want to see the WOTLK-difficulty nerfed Naxx implementation… What a joke!