AV was a total let down

After playing 2 AVs i was so let down by the experience of the whole battleground…
This has nothing to do with pvp , in fact it was worse than retail!
2 sides rushing to opposing general and whoever kill first wins.
There is no need to even cap points ! Just rush to kill the opposing general.
I hope for AB release where it is the best BG at least in my view.
AV is just a farming ground which has nothing to do with pvp, just a honor grinding tool

13 Likes

Av was an hours long bg because people had no clue back then. They just clashed in the middle. There are videos out there of people winning av in sub 5 minutes from 2006.
My point is, that people just now av better than before and also focus more on the rewards than the gameplay.

2 Likes

Now state is nerfed av without land mines and etc.

2 Likes

Id say people were not that clueless. My experience from back in the day is that sometimes it was tower burning and doing objectives, sometimes just rushing to the boss like now. It depended on which patch was deployed.

I am talking about 1.12 av
1.5 av is a totally different game. They released everything in the 1.12 state. Why should av be different?

Because it’s not the “classic” AV anyone remembers.

4 Likes

This post was a total let down
Wakko used to be so good doing post and now epic fail in this one??? Where is post with good stuff like plate wear ur plate and honor for the horde??? The trolls warned every1 and im happy at old wakko cry on new wakko

Notice how i swapped ur name with blizz in ur entire post bro? Bruh up please its important this forum is turning into wall of cry

1 Like

This post just makes me think “Retail Scrubs”… go back to retail buddy :slight_smile:

The biggest problem is that you can pull the war masters separately and kill them one by one or two by two at worse.
If they fix that, people will have to cap towers again.

4 Likes

You make no sense at all.
I just posted my personal idea on the feeling about the AV compare to what it used to be in vanilla when i was playing.
In my server there were times that as hordes we couldn’t get past the bridge for many many hours and one AV could last for hours and even days sometimes.
My experience compare to that is a let down simple as that.
Apparently it is too hard for you to get it in the first place so i had to elaborate.

1 Like

Quite ironic because this AV is closer to retail one than the “classic” one that people remember with stronger units and need to do objectives.

2 Likes

That is how it was… please go back to retail scrub…

1 Like

Apparently you ve never played vanilla so you got no clue on how AVs were back in the day. You learned only from retail so you should go back to retail if you like it so much

you sound like you came from the nostril serv :smile: u do realize theyr serv was a scam right ? they took cash which they claimed where for servs and they claimed to use old AV but in reality it was just a randomly chosen +10-20% on npc stats and map was not the old one either.

i laugh whenever i see idiots who blindly believe some pserv.

contrary to this orc & gnome i remember vanilla, well its understandable a lot will try to fake having had memories although fact is you prob where barely born back then. eitherway ur cries are meaningless the only non-vanill like thing in AV is the banner using a newer model than meant to.

1 Like

Retail version takes longer then classic and has longer que times ironic isnt it.

2 Likes

By the end of Vanilla in 2006 times it was already like this. I remember rushing Drek on my lvl 51+ hunter back then. Some groups did this, other groups went out for all out PvP in the midfield.

That’s the difference between people who know and don’t know.

It’s all about min/maxing now. Not just gear, also the journey itself is about maximizing the material side (points, rep, honor).

Not blizzards fault. Players have evolved, the Classic game hasn’t.

There are still a lot who come from retail who heard a rumor they suddenly assume to be their own experienced truth tho. Some people i would say have devolved or regressed but yes the majority know more than back then.

This whole reply is better then this whole post and i hope all reads it this is the diamond of the coal mine

You are a definition of yikes.

That’s not how AV was pre 1.12. Old AV was the pinnacle of pvp(ve) as you had pvp objectives and strong pve obstacles which forced the pvp.

No pre 1.12 AV was won in 5 minutes.

3 Likes