AWC 2021 Gets Cracking Today

You probably have way more comps but people won’t try them because they weren’t played on stream or AWC. Sub/Ele/Disc might be good, Thugscleave with Survival, Sub/Boomy/Disc. Probably there are more but people won’t play them unless they are on AWC.

You forgot to put that into ratio.

400k While an Arms did 100k the Ret did 900k while the healer did 1,2 mil.

I think its obvious that Mage and Ret are the outliers.

i think there is an sub/ret/disc at 2900 too.

you can play with an sp, mage, ret, hunt up to glad and higher so idk what you mean tbh. Boomy should work too and maybe ele.

NA’s games starting pretty fun.
This is exactly what I was expecting.

How much haste did you have as assa? How was it overall to play? Frustrating due to lack of tools or?

Updated with Day 1 VOD link

And here’s today LIVE:

Needs more purge for combustion kappa

1 Like

Now I’m mostly annoyed that Nick gets to transmog a glaive (I assume because its on TR) when for some dumb reason its limited to DHs.

At least the title still exists :smiley:

Not enough as I had Subtlety gear mostly, so below 10%, I think 8 or something so it was actually a pain to play despite Alacrity. With the correct set of gear I guess you can get around 25% and then the spec becomes much more fluid, and also deals more damage.

Mmmh. Mostly frustrating because only able to shadowstep once when you’ve been used to twice, and when everyone moves so much is really hard (like, locks with gate, night fae, baseline port, mages with shimmer and night fae, windwalkers, etc).
Also frustrating when people use Kleia to immune all of your damage for 8s straight, a covenant ability shouldn’t disable a spec for 8s imho.
Satisying when facing a warrior that you can DoT and line while range slowing him if he doesn’t have a Holy Pala behind him.

Overall, yes, you lack tools while everyone has so many now, so you only really do damage. And it’s not that insane still, while it is good, so, Assa isn’t played. Little CC, very few peels, no self sustained, very predictable burst… sad times. But I like Sub better anyways so I’m not too annoyed, yet.

What about Outlaw? With some changes it’s a bit different and closer to Legion version.

Pretty much what I was afraid of. Maybe it would feel a bit smoother with pod people fox for mobility, but kyrian still gives combo points at least.
Spec itself was just nerfed (combo points) for SL with nothing added.

Did accidentality queue up as assa myself, but think I was doing too many mistakes to draw much conclusion from it. Apart that it felt smoother in bfa.

A great achievement. :stuck_out_tongue:

Think outlaw still suffer the curse of no damage vs plate.

I actually didn’t try it in PvP. I think you lose to every plate class by default because you don’t have enough damage to kill then while they are very OP at the moment.

But, as you said, it’s similar to Legion. Obly weaker (Plunder is weaker, and I feel like finisher damage is weaker too, and since you can’t rerollbuffs now you can’t force the buffs you need for a go).

Now the spec is interesting still, with the talent + the legendary you can have a Blind on a very, veeeeeery short CD, and you have Gouge and Disarm… there might be potential. In any case, I wanted to try, but I don’t have the weapons yet on my alt. I have on the main but I won’t just experiment Combat at the rating I’m at.

I actually played my alt as Night Fae, so yes, it helps, but still it has a 1.5m CD, so it still feels like you run after people all game and have very few tools to work with when they have a go, even when you see it coming.

Yeah… we had more stats. Also the addition of SnD as Assa gives it more damage in PvE yes, but in PvP it makes it feel much slower as you are forced to spend many GCDs and CPs to apply it to yourself just to have the possibility to start doing damage properly.

Stats yeah, but the combo point nerf hurt a lot. No premed, old or new version is also meh.

https://prnt.sc/wrngzs

this, blizzard, it’s about time to employ pvp devs and start listening to them

2 Likes

DK looking very strong again today

“see ret needs a lay on hands, totally balanced”

Double bubble is fun to say btw.

Nice MC bug

dc and mc bug in arena championships xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

2 Likes

did that just happen?