Baine dishonours the Horde

That is from Carine’s perspective, from Garrosh’s Carine had falsely accursed Garrosh of an attack and challenged him to a duel because of it, from his side he was also in the right.

And from our meta-perspective Carine was in the wrong, albeit he didn’t know nor could you fault him for it as Garrosh gave him no reason to trust him.

Well, when you have one Horde leader after another either abusing their powers or outright threatening to kill you then that tends to bring a more “assertive” way of ruling.

Cairne was wrong, but you do not kill such an honored advisor and esteemed person for being wrong, especially if that person had done as much for the Horde as Cairne did. Instead of biting down on his ego, Garrosh turned the event into a tragedy. That is petty and unworthy of a true leader.

You do not lead by egoism.

Good thing you can escalate duels with Horde leaders who were supportive of you to the death, amirite?

3 Likes

No I dont think I have lost you. First thing first the person you oppose is not your ally, but I can agree with you on blaming part!

You are making it hard for me to defend Garrosh here.

1 Like

I will stop :heart:

2 Likes

Because it was Garrosh, has it been Thrall it would have not come to that. Garrosh’s insecurities lead to his ruling with total obedience was the result of that.

Also Vol’jin threatened him to kill and it led to his assassination later on.

I equated tooth to be approximately dagger ish, but sure, the lower one third of a spear is certainly more than a dagger, though less dangerous than one but that’s fair.

I can’t find you an exact quote, but saying that not being able to pinpoint a precise quote makes it headcannon is the same as to say “The books doesn’t say Garrosh was either winded nor erratic, does that make this headcannon?” The best I can do for you is part of the book where every attack Cairne makes is from outside of Garrosh’s attack range, thus employing the spears reach as a winning condition. Of course if that’s not enough for you then how about the fact that their weapons only clash once, and the result is the runespear is shattered.

In any case neither of these these were the points I made. Should I bother to rephrase so we can have actual conversation or are you really here just to troll people?

Nope, you didn’t read that part properly. Cairne, after wounding Garrosh’s biceps, instantly rams his horns into him. Such a maneuver implies Cairne was quite close. Further more, the Gorehowl is described as a massive weapon.

And you can see that Garrosh had two bleeding wounds, one of which was serious. Does that qualify as winded?

Garrosh almost dropped his weapon in the first passage. Does that qualify as erratic?

A lower third of a tauren spear is certainly quite more then a dagger.

Yet Cairne only suffered a glancing wound, while Garrosh takes a severe one which prevents him from properly holding his weapon. Gorehowl is a two handed axe, not a tiny wood cutter.

That is your call, but you will forgive me, from the attitude you have displayed, I am not certain I desire to have a conversation with you.

It is also rich to me that someone who, for all intents and purposes looks like part of the “Garrosh did nothing wrong” team accuses me of trolling.

You are legitimately trying to convince us, contrary to the book, that Garrosh was winning, but I am the one trolling. :ok_hand:

By the way, I am currently looking for Garrosh’s musings on the fight, for some more bonus points.

3 Likes

Yeah, he headbutted him when he had Garrosh’s weapon disabled after he pierced Garrosh’s bicep with his spear, which he did from outside Garrosh’s attack range…

Cairne believed he was winded. This was told from his point of view after all. Cairne also thought that Garrosh has basically lost the use of his arms, immediately after which he was struck so hard his own weapon was destroyed. This damages the credibility of what Cairne perceives as the case.

No, that doesn’t qualify as erratic at all. He almost dropped his weapon in surprise and pain, not because he was erratic.

Grom wielded it with one hand pretty easily in the Warcraft movie but again, you’re basing that on the perception of Cairne, who died because he could not accurately judge his opponent. Not a reliable source at all.

You’re right, I don’t want further conversation with you. For the record I am saying that given the tactics Cairne was employing, his weapon being destroyed was a major loss for him. Garrosh was more powerful than Cairne thought, and obviously less wounded than Cairne assumed with a weapon intact that Cairne had no way of stopping and no longer any means of out manoeuvring. That looks really bad for Cairne’s side. That is all I was saying.

Did you read this sentence? Did Cairne teleport his head into attack range, or what? They were one next to the other.

No it does not. That was mayhaps Garrosh’s last valiant effort before that wound begins ticking. Or are you convincing me that a wrecked hand does not impair someone during a duel while one wields a two handed axe? Oh, Grommash might have been able to wield it with one hand, sure.

Apparently, having a wrecked arm is nothing bad in a duel.

And he came into such a situation because he was easily baited and charged like a chimpanzee.

Last time I checked, Cairne died to poison. I mean, if your qualifications for someone losing a duel is suffering a glancing poisoned wound, then eh. Find me someone who can take on Garrosh without a scratch.

I am glad that in this at least, we are in agreement.

As does a multitude of wounds and the fact he was losing the entire fight for Garrosh. But you didn’t include that, amirite?

2 Likes

I’m trying to picture this in my mind and i’m just ending up laughing a little too loudly at night.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxXjsQbCZR8

Garrosh vs. Cairne, live action footage.

6 Likes

Almost died laughing lol. The Matrix part.

3 Likes

You are just supposed to do the eyes geez…
Humans can’t even become a demon hunter the right way.

1 Like

Just you wait until Anduin becomes a DH and beats Illidan in a 1 on 1.

Anduin beat up someone?
Really?

Fair point…

So how was Tyrande and Malfurion involved with Stormheim again? Because last I checked, they were fighting Xavius and the Nightmare.

And look, I know your making up stories because somehow raising derek proudmoore is stopping people from dying…(??), but at least make your lies consistent with lore.

1 Like

You Elves do everything on mediocre level, why have ears that limit one to surrounding noises. Now I can hear things you would not even comprehend!

"Now my deaf ears hear what others can not!"

2 Likes