Baine dishonours the Horde

Laughing Skulls are Orc Bolton, confirmed

4 Likes

20 good Mag’har are all they need.

3 Likes

In the year 33 to 34, a crack commando unit from an alternate timeline was sent to an internment camp by an Alliance court for a crime they didn’t commit. These Orcs promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Warrior City underground.

Today, still wanted by the Alliance government, they survive as warriors of fortune. If you have a problem… if no one else can help… and if you can find them… maybe you can hire… The Mag’har.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o

5 Likes

Honour can cover a broad spectrum and in certain nuances it could be interpreted differently. The example of never picking up a weapon vs fighting for what you believe in in a good example and it’s tough to call one truer than the other, though everyone would each hold their own opinion.

There are other examples however were that’s just not the case. Again, using your examples vengeance is vengeance and is not the same thing as honour at all. Revenge is about acting out a desire to cause what a person personally feels to be appropriate payback. Honour is intrinsically tied to a moral code or set of principles and to act purely out of desire is not moral at all. That basically the foundation of the seven deadly sins even. Action taken to restore balance after wrongdoings is justice, not revenge.

I would more or less use description as I already have;

Honour is being/living honestly and forthrightly, setting an exemplar standard of behaviour for your people.

Again, people are using Sylvanas’ actions to excuse Baine. No, you don’t get to do that. Honour is about you and your actions, other circumstances don’t excuse actions in the context of “is this/they honourable?”

Sylvanas isn’t honorable. No one is contesting that, it still doesn’t change anything in respect to this point. Likewise, I am not saying Baine is wrong, morally speaking. This single focused point of this thread is that Baine is hypocrite for doing this whilst he has been complaining about Sylvanas for the same thing.

2 Likes

I saw the signs in the sky and answered the summons…

cracks knuckles Did someone dispute my honor?!

4 Likes

Don’t mess with the Lightbound Mag’har priest!

1 Like

Heavenhymn

played by

Mr. T.

I don’t think anyone linked this yet.

3 Likes

But… But… Moooh Honor!

3 Likes

Yes? What is it?

4 Likes

All those civilians of Teldrassil were a true threat to the mighty Horde, I agree.

1 Like

Yep, as seen i like sylvanas, hate baine and want the Alliance obliterated.
Oh wait, something is wrong here.

1 Like

I did !

Because Hala didn’t support the Rastakhan feedback and yankiees did faster after all. So for a great Rastakhan fan she made dishonored herself.

2 Likes

If Derek is mind-controlled, on Baine’s head be the consequences. He should have made sure that Derek’s will was his own before handing him over to Jaina.

Baine is useless, like his father, who dishonored himself and his people by butchering Daelin’s men.

Actually, Sylvanas is confronted multiple times by multiple members of the horde on her actions. Including Baine during the Siege of Lordaeron and what is the result? She simply dismisses it, resulting in this conflict in the horde, making her quite a bad leader, I might add.
Lets make a small parallel and ask yourself if your leader would ask you to nuke an entire city under the pretext of we fear the enemy might do the same, would you do it? And if yes, add up the entirely breaking of the Geneva convention and you might see why these characters act the way they do. They tried talking it out but after so many atrocities, they do what they can to make amends.
In regards to honor, they stood with sylvanas for long enough because of their duties.

Also I think the writing of their characters is quite good I might add, you need to look at them as conflicted characters not just “I’m honorable and that’s why I do it”. They are conflicted in between the honor of following her warchief and the things they have to do against their “nature”. Which results in actions that might not seem to follow a logical structure, very much like in real life, not evey single action that we make has a logical flow, sometimes it just feels like the right thing to do it in that moment.

I’d say that is probably Cairne’s biggest highlight.

3 Likes

The Kul’tirans were mostly innocent-!..… tugs at the collar is it unbearably hot suddenly? Can’t we make peace with Boralus?

When Baine explains himself to Jaina, he does not talk about honor. He talks about being true to one’s nature.

Baine denied Sylvanas the right to violate a Forsaken’s mind. The concept of a free will is so important to the Forsaken, because it is what distinguishes them from the Scourge.

It should raise a red flag about Sylvanas, when a tauren has to be the one to speak for this important aspect before her, as the Forsaken founder and leader.

You can argue that what Baine did is shady, but it would have brought him greater dishonor to let the plan run its course.

8 Likes

Wish he had killed more dwarves while he was at it too.

No.
But could you perhaps stop dishonoring Highmountain by trolling on this low level alt with a name that just spouts Trolling - alt right between the eyes

I agree with that, but that’s also the major part that bugs me with the Sylvanas writing and where I see she’s just blatantly being villainbatted instead of keeping her the ‘anti hero’ she was from WC3 up until Cataclysm.

She was a supporter of freedom and free wil, but now one of her strongest principles is suddenly discarded…because, well the plot demands it.

They’re so adamant on making the Alliance look good and righteous that even former events get wiped away to turn everything about her pitch black and that shadow falls over the rest of the Horde as fallout.

3 Likes

I see, brother Tauren. If I levelled up this character, there would be no problem!

[Seriously though, I’m trying to desensitise people to the idea that Baine will be Warchief. It’s inevitable at this point imho :thinking: ]

1 Like