Balancing around the top 0.1% does serious harm to the game

Disc priest, is getting another nerf again in the next patch. The healer that has the least +20 clears in m+.
The healer that does the least healing on average by some margin in heroic raiding. While also doing that healing in the least versatile way possible. Especially for average groups that require sigfnicant spot healing, if you’re not playing with top 0.1% players who rarely make any mechanics screw ups.

Why is it being nerfed? not because it’s op in mythic raiding. For average mythic raiding it still pulls the lowest hps, but because for the 99th percentile, disc is just to strong.

Disc has massively dropped in popularity, and is now by far the least played healer, because ultimately in an average raid it sucks now. it does the least healing, and the lack of spot healing proves a serious weakness for an average raid team. Top 1% guilds can run 2 disc priests if they can guarantee that almost nobody will take random unexpected damage that requires spot healing. Otherwise 2 discs would gimp a raid team like no other healer could.

I really feel blizzard should stop screwing over the average player because of balance issues at the top 1%. Balance does matter at the average level, there is social pressures at any level of raiding, and i feel like classes should be balanced to be fun, and usable for the majority of players.

11 Likes

Disk should be reshaped to the earlier days of WoTLK. It should be similar to holy but with few tweaks here and there. Imo, both suck right now. God I miss prayer of healing and circle of healing. The classes have been butchered over and over by people who wanna theorycraft fun.

6 Likes

Who said they balance around the top 0.1%

where did you get those statistics?

the healer that does the highest dps on average

because its strong for raiding. tho I wonder why resto druid isnt nerfed yet.

and disc also has highest dps in healers :joy:

if something has issues in top 0.0000001%, and at least one person is able to play class/spec to level where it massively outperforms anything and anyone, it means the spec/class needs a nerf.

you can balance the game around people who cant/dont play the game somewhat properly lol

either way, Im sure nerfs wont affect people who do LFR, so what’s the issue really?
why’d someone who doesnt even go for CE, be worried about whats strong and what’s not ? :joy: just play what you enjoy

wake me up when holy priests become playable in pvp

3 Likes

Firstly i don’t think its that strong in raid, as its the least played healer now in raids by a huge margin. in the first patch it was way more played, because it was way stronger. Probably to strong.

The +20 stats you can get by going to raiderio then timed runs leaderboard, then 20+.

As for why does balance matter outside of the top 1%? because there a lot of social pressures in the game. If you nerf my classes healing by 20%, then i feel a lot less useful to my raid team, always appear on the bottom of meters, and will probably swap to a class where i can perform better. Even if as any class i can perform well enough to clear the fight.

This is like the same thing as people saying well you only need to farm artifact, or azerite power if your at the very top 1%, but blizzard correctly realized, that while it was not required, not putting in the time had some pretty negative social consequences.
I agree the nerfs probably have no effect on people just playing LFR, but for the huge numbers of people who normal and heroic raid, the effect is very significant. Even for your average mythic raiding guild

Disc is getting nerfed because holy paladin is getting nerfed too and they’re both turbobroken in raids?
It has nothing to do with m+…

2 Likes

If you please would follow me behind this tree … no no, don’t worry, that growling you hear is definitely not druids in cat form prowling and waiting to maul you …

high dps horrid healing in raids yes.

only strong at tank healing, horrid at aoe healing if needed to do.

that would be shaman

They most certainly don’t balance around the top 0,1%, but they don’t balance around your average baddie.

not sure they balance anything realy, atleast not arround pve ever, seems they balance due to pvp only.

show me where you find all the statistics.

did you count it 1 by 1? and you looked at all 20+ runs or? :joy:
then again, not sure why are you comparing M+ to raids. 2 completely different things. my grandmother knows that Rdruids are O.P in M+

that means you’re not playing your spec correctly and well enough. not a balance issue sorry to break it down to you.

or you could just get better, but you do you boo, just dont ask game to be balanced around you :joy:

quick helpful tip - raid success isnt defined by who did the biggest healing on meters :joy:

same thing here, you could even get cutting edge with pretty much any class/spec combination each tier. obviously no clowning like “hurdur no tank” i mean proper role setup with any classes.

yeah Kinda explain why Rdruids are close to only playable healer after 20s :joy:

2 Likes

yeah lol, though have you ever thought of what class takes the most dmg, it sure aint the cloth ones, heck when been playing both mail and cloth classes, I can for sure say mail classes seem to take way more dmg than any cloth does lol.

Eh?

It had noting to do with theory crafting. They wanted specs to feel unique so made most things spec only. They reversed that a little in BfA and said they’d do that again on SL so we’ll see.

Totally gonna plug Automatic Jak’s video on the healer balance, because it’s a nice breakdown I think:

But yeah, going by the PTR, then the healer ranking for the various activities doesn’t seem to change much with patch 8.3, despite the changes Blizzard are making.
It’ll probably take until Shadowlands and another critical look at the healer specs before they (might) get re-aligned.

I have no idea what’s going with disc priest but ever since a year all I read is disc nerf this nerf that. I mean damn they can’t get it right with 2 patches ?? Looks like the Revenant class from Guild Wars 2 which gets continously nerfed.

And if you get a small buff you get another nerf on the side :joy:

Aaaaand you are already wrong. That would be Holy Priest.

1 Like

Do note that nerfs maybe beforehand power we get from corrupted gear. Disc priest is a high skill cap healer spec and thus Mythic raiders will always get more from then that anyone else (where as balancing will be somewhere in-between but not in the middle) - plus they will take disc to meet the DPS checks required sometimes during progression.

We all know what balancing about the casual players does too.

The game should be balanced about it being fun with room for input to have affect.

I doubt a casual will mind a super complex rotation if it’s fun.

This streamlined 4 button rotations and mindless whack a mole systems are unfun.

Imo the perfect example of an extremely good class design is assassination in MoP / legion.

Everyone could perform well in them, everyone could do good dps in them, but only the most skilled players that know how to play the spec to it’s fullest can bring jaw dropping numbers, It actually felt rewarding and effective to maximize my performance and the ??? confused reactions from people seeing legendary dps were always a fun factor.

Now adays you can play and get a 100% parse, you’ll still be within 5% difference of other rogues and 10-15% difference of casuals, and I don’t mind that tbh aslong as the gameplay is fun, which it isn’t.

Tl;dr balance the game to be fun, not to cater to the 0.1% or the majority of the playerbase ( casuals )

You seem to be correct. i actually made the mistake of looking at this week, instead of entire season, and last week more holy priests completed + 20s than disc priests. I’m guessing last week was just a poor affix for disc priest?