Bastion sounds more like hell than the maw

|https://youtu.be/euxWajto-uQ|

So during this preview we learn a lot about how Bastion as an afterlife operates.

1. When a soul is sent there it loses it’s form.
  2. That form is then reshaped into a Kyrian.
  3. The memories of the old soul are torn out. Family, friends, enemies, trauma. Everything that made them who they are is forgotten.
  4. They become a fully fledged Kyrian, their old mind and body gone forever. The Kyrians basically destroy the souls and identities of mortals in order to reproduce.

|https://imgur.com/bOvv0sp|

This is supposed to be Warcraft ‘heaven’? I think I’d prefer the Maw.

Edit: Apparently the other afterlifes are similar. This makes death sound like a really, really horrific thing. More-so than if there was just Darkness.

15 Likes

Yeah, if this is legit, I ain’t going Bastion. I don’t care for Uther or the Armor.

And here I was hoping we will get something better then BFA writing.

2 Likes

I’d still go there for the Halo cosmetic reward and plate pieces for Zandaladin.

Maldraxxus also isn’t very friendly for my Horde toons, but love the armor design previewed.

In fact none of the zones presented look very friendly for both of the factions.
At the very least we will visit the Other Side briefly.

2 Likes

All of the four realms sound pretty bad. Hope those unmentioned ones are much nicer.

So… wall of the faithless, except with more leg space?

Sounds like becoming a demon hunter might come with side benefits after all.

2 Likes

I am seriously contemplating going Ebon Blade.

2 Likes

Nah, Wall of the Faithless is worse. This is more like Limbo.

I’d also like to point out that Blizzard portray all of this as something good and positive, you’re even forced to help erase several people’s minds and the head Kyrian says that you’d have become one of them too if not for your physical form being present to protect you.

Did someone say that? That is the afterlife that people who want to be of service to others and to help them go to. Your soul must already be predisposed to it to go there, and you aren’t put there as a reward, but because that’s what fits who you are. Not every afterlife is for everyone, that’s why there are supposedly countless of them.

And yeah…death is supposed to be kind of a scary thing. But you know… I’d personally prefer blissful ignorance to the horrible suffering you go through in the Maw or Revendreth. And… Maldraxxus actually sounds pretty much like the live the warrior lived through anyways. Fight is done? No pal, it goes on forever.

Apart from those 5 we will also see Bwonsamdi’s pocket realm. Maybe that’s more to ypur liking.Or not, and you might find the idea of dying… unappealing! Shocker!

1 Like

It’s mentioned in the video that yes, this is supposed to be ‘heaven’ or ‘Elysium’

1 Like

Ebon Blade is still beholden to the regular afterlives if they manage to die, though.

Becoming demonized is a good bit better - You just reform in the nether. And now that Sargeras is gone, there’s no more legion to serve!

6 Likes

Better a demon, then seeing Uther as a blue smurf, unaware of what he was.

10 Likes

This is true, we see Forsaken in Bastion.

Oh well, I guess in that case someone has again no idea what they are talking about. Haven’t watched the video and have no idea who is talking, but if they are with Blizzard them not understanding their own concepts doesn’s surprise me, and if they aren’t, their opinion is irrelevant anyways.

Though the concept of letting go of the self to embrace a “higher” love for all things isn’t exactly unpopular as an idea of moral perfection, especially with antique philosophers.

Cant wait to meet owlboi Uther.

But if it this is the case then it must be unique to a few select realms in the afterlife since the spirits in the Halls of Valor and whatever miserable plane of existence Helya rules over retain their corporeal forms and memories.

1 Like

Why you do this to me?!

7 Likes

Nope, the owlbois are Shadowland natives.

Boo. Gnomes ruin all the fun.

2 Likes

Ah, and I looked into it. He says it is the “Elysium/Heaven kind of experience”, he doesn’t say it is supposed to be a heavenly reward for the souls who are there. Just that the place is boring, compared with the other zones.

By the way, they also mentioned dissenters within Bastion that don’t think the Kyrians there are doing things the right way. Sounds like heaven is indeed not meant to be perfect.

Lad, I’m gonna be honest with you, you are more of a ghoul material.

14 Likes