Bastion sounds more like hell than the maw

Seriously creepy, tbh.
However that means Uther in Bastion will not be Uther the Lightbringer anymore?
And whatever afterlife Cairne went, it’s not Bastion…

1 Like

Oh, by the way, I watched the video now and… that’s not the impression I got. Looked like the usual “help them get over their limitations”-quests, where you fight some bad memories and deal with some old attachments. I didn’t get the impression that they didn’t remember afterwards, just that they “got over it”.

Really, what I see is the afterlife for people who want to become perfect altruists and life the ideal Jedi lifestyle. That’s certainly not for everyone.

Oh… and yes. When you die…your old body is lost forever.

2 Likes

Well, that sounds much better.

internal screaming calms down

4 Likes

The Tauren sure seems to forget.

Where do you get that? What he says afterwards is:
“I feel calm… and a little sad, to be honest.”. Then the streamer rides on, so anything else he might have said is lost.

1 Like

That suggests to me that those memories are gone. He feels sad but doesn’t seem to remember why.

Okay, that’s on you. it doesn’t say that, and it doesn’t really make sense to me. The whole zone seemed tailored to people meditating and facing their bad sides to become more selfless, if we could just modify them by magic that wouldn’t really be necessary,

I guess we’ll know more once we actually can read the quest, but for now I’ll assume it is the usual “attachment is holding you back” Jedi stuff.

By the way, Revendreth also sounds quite fun:
https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/2019/11/18/an-exclusive-tour-of-world-of-warcraft-shadowlands-revendreth

Suramar meets Dracula, with light-averse vampire nobility, carriages, torture and oppression and… “super weird” stuff like " a Princess Mononoke/Spirited Away bestiary gone wrong."

Yup. “The Village Ward is mostly exterior environments, various dilapidated buildings, and a view of the fog-filled forest where the Venthyr schedule hunts on tortured souls, sending them out with a false sense of security and hope they run away, then track them down and “humble” them.”… just a fun place to live in.

5 Likes

why not simply become lightforged like turalyon is Araphant then you can technically live forever as long as someone don’t kill you

1 Like

Screwed up system? Sounds fishy? Wanna bet Arbiter is the real bad guy? Total twist.

1 Like

bwonsamdi will be the real bad guy and we kill him and end his reign for Azeroth!
then we burn the Zandalari empire to the ground… so you can go back to being a blood elf again

1 Like

So if you live a good life you get sent to Bastion to be assimilated into the Blue Man Group and if you’re a bad dude you get sent to suffer in either Revendreth or the Maw.

Sounds to me like undeath might not be such a bad option then. Maybe Sylvanas was right all along. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Again, they said the four covenants we meet aren’t the only ones that exist in lore… It’s not either or.

Bwonsamdi won’t be killed. You’d wish to be troll just to have him as caring patron.

And you won’t raze anything midget. Not now not ever. Sooner elves wil turn back to be trolls :stuck_out_tongue: back to their original non scrawny form.

2 Likes

But why do we need Bastion, when there are Night Fae, and the forest?

1 Like

You already said the answer to that question, unbeknownst to you

1 Like

In the end it will depend on the transmog, and sooner or later I will play all covenants with one character or the other… but I do think Basion will be my first choice, from what I have seen until now. I don’t need a world of black and white, but I do like a world that contains them, too.

2 Likes

Wow…These are your standards ?:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well…yes. Like I said, I’ll see all the stories either way, sooner or later. my RP characters won’t go into the Shadowlands in character, ever… I think. I don’t give a flying flamingo about gameplay optimization. So… What else, if not style, should decide it for me? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t think normal people can return once they are there. Dead cahracters however could profit from this.