So someone correct me if I’m wrong but this implies:
3022 rating -> rank 439 (currently a Blood Elf Paladin).
254 players on Horde are higher ranked than this [within 2 hours of Blizzard posting this thread].
This means 255 people get R1 on Horde.
255 / 0.001 = 255 000 people in the playerpool on Horde (1K+ rating).
3069 rating -> rank 355 (currently a Human Mage).
149 players on Alliance are above that rank [within 2 hours of Blizzard posting this thread].
This means 150 people get R1 on Alliance.
150 / 0.001 = 150 000 people in the playerpool on Alliance (1K+ rating).
This means that in total 405K characters are eligble (1K+ rating) for rewards this season.
With those numbers an old school gladiator (0.5% and shared between Alliance & Horde) would land at around rank 2025, which is currently ~2682 rating (subject to increase).
Old school duelist (3%) is approximately rank 12150, which is likely in the 2100-2300 range [Source: based on being rank ~6500 on 2401 rating @ Alliance & approximating from there, someone could do a more accurate job of calculating this] .
- R1 on Horde is 255 top Horde players on the ladder.
- R1 on Alliance is 150 top Alliance players on the ladder.
- Approximately 405K eligble characters (1K+ rating) participated in arena this season.
- Old School 0.5% faction-shared Gladiator would be rank 2025 [~2682 rating as of right now].
- Gladiator is devalued by at least 282 rating this season [new Gladiator @ 2400 rating].
- Old School 3% Duelist would be rank 12000-13500 [Approx. 2100-2300 rating, based on being rank ~6500 on 2401 rating @ Alliance]