Battlegrounds are garbage and needs a fix

We had a game.

5 alliance vs 4 hordes.

Because we outnumbered horde by 1, the game decided to be nice to horde and count down the timer.

1 minute left.

5 horde joined.

The rest of the game 5 * alliance vs 10 horde.

No countdown timer.

ALL IS FINE. YOU OUTNUMBER ALLIANCE BY 5. LET THE GAME CONTINUE. NO NEED FOR MORE ALLIANCE TO JOIN. LET THEM LOSE.

Let the game countdown begin if there is 1 more player in the opposite faction.

Your system is broken. 90% of the time, there wont be any new player joining. I had a full Wintergrasp game 27 v 40 or something.

Remember when Battlegrounds used to be fun? It used to be the main thing in this game. People did pvp for fun. They did world pvp and bg for fun, nothing else. Now it is just a frustrating garbage crap mess.

I am sorry for being frustrated. I know I will propably get comments against me.

But I do like random pvp, or I did. If I combined this account with my old account, id propably have over a million kills and a much higher honor level.

Everyone liked Battlegrounds. “Hey dude wana do bgs?” “Sure.” Nowadays: “Hey dude wana do bgs?” “Nah id rather go fish in Maldraxxus.” It went downhill since WOTLK when pvp used to get so * messed up. I remember warriors pressing Bladestorm and globalling people with just one skill. Survival hunters explosive shot 3 shoting people. Paladins two shoting people. Resto druids hoting and running around doing nothing. Dks dying and ressing as a ghoul grabbing and oneshoting people. Then CATA we had stuffs like rogues refusing to die due to selfheal. Or the lovely oneshot Stampede in MoP. While elemental shamans could barely do anything in the first season of BFA despite people in the pvp community warning Blizzard about this.
Who wants to play battlegrounds when this is going on?

Since then, its been the same. You have classes that needs to try very hard in pvp to barely do anything while some classes and specs just needs to press 1 2 3 to do stuffs.

Ah yes one more thing, you know the mercenary mode? Let people click on it and accept it as a buff until canceled. Why should I go to a city to have it on for one hour? Really? Is this all you can do? Have I missed something? The moment as a horde when I click join bgs, I should see a big “wana be mercenary until reset or cancelled, 1 hour cooldown?”

Also alliance, mate, excluding some, more at the bottom. I can give you a hint, you have one, ONE problem or two actually. Your healers. They are not going in front aggressively and leaves the game very early. “Protect your healers” dude I play a MW monk and I am with my people all the time and can manage stuffs myself… and that is one of the crap healers.
And to the dpsers. Most of the times, only 1 or 2 of your dpsers are doing enough damage. Every TIME I check dps done, it is usually me (and I am considering myself a bad player), another alliance player (propably mercenary) and the rest of the blue is in the bottom list despite being in the battle. You need to do a lot in pvp, sure, like CCing and stuffs.
But you need damage. You need to target the healers, CC it, and damage it to let them go down. Where is your damage. Why are most night elf players doing the same dps done as my mw monk when it wants to kick something…

Shoutout to dwarf healers, paladins with Leeroy mogs and gnome dpsers. You are the mvp. You are usually always at the top in the bg and when I see you guys, I know the bg will be fun, too bad you are rare.

3 Likes

The big issue is leaving. And the debuff you get for leaving is a joke. It should be a stacking debuff.
Leaving once: 1 hour no pvp on your account
Leaving again after that: no pvp for a day on your account, etc

Should reset weekly.

1 Like

Leavers should get a 12 hour debuff, in my opinion

make them suffer for throwing the game

i think the faction mechanic is broken.

doubt punishing leavers would help, they probably don’t want to re-queue anyway.

1 Like

No, for as long premde group are allowed to exploit random bg it should not change

2 Likes

They aren’t allowed. You can queue up with 5 person maximum. More than this is using a well known sort of exploit which Blizzard try to make impossible for 15 years now.
On the other hand players wonder why RBG is dead. Instead of taking their premade into RBG they prefer to farm unorganized randoms.

2 Likes

which Blizzard try to make impossible for 15 years now.

Objection! Hearsay

lmfao, they haven’t tried anything to make that impossible.

1 Like

They took down addons that made you able to synchronize your queue. Of course they did that. And they clearly stated that they don’t want you to group into randoms in huge bg.
Oqueue, Preform AV enabler and all addons that made group queue possible got banned.

Greetings Alagix,

To speak in very general terms, we don’t actually support the use of any in-game add-ons at all, so it’s a little difficult trying to provide a statement saying that a specific add-on is acceptable or not.

It is, however, generally the case that any add-ons making use of functionality our development and design teams don’t wish to allow will be forcibly made unusable as quickly as possible, as Fiskerdin has mentioned earlier in this thread.

The add-on or add-ons you’re referring to effectively mimic the actions of a well coordinated group of players and, for this reason, I would imagine our development teams may not be specifically concerned with removing their use from the game.

I’m afraid to say that side of things is, however, not a support related matter, but you’ve obviously still very welcome to re-post your thoughts or concerns on our PvP forums so that other players may join in the discussion, and so that any feedback can be passed on by our Community team accordingly.

And why do you think you can queue with a 5 man group, but not as 10, 15, 20 or 40? It’s because Blizzards doesn’t want you to queue into a bunch of randoms with a premade.
They even killed premades on Classic and TBC.

Why do you think it’s different here?

1 Like

The only add-on you need to sinc a queue with 2 groups is effectively Teamspeak or Discord. If they really wanted to get rid of premades in casual bg’s they would have adjusted the system
a) so that no 2 5-man groups would ever end up in the same bg
or
b) they would have just split solo queuers and group queuers a long time ago.

I would prefer the second option. That way groups can still play and will only fight other groups and solo players will play real random bg’s without getting trolled by groups. And while they are at it, they can implement Gear Based Match Making, just like they do SBMM in Call of Duty. If they can do it in a game where it pretty much ruins the experience, I’m sure they can implement it in a game where it actually would improve game experience.

There already is the option for group vs group.
Rated BG. or War Games

There is absolutely no need to push this further imho. What they should do is applying the same treatment to retail as they did to BC. So you do not see who you queue into and who is in your bg already.

1 Like

a) Rated bg’s are for full group premades, not for smaller groups.
b) This doesn’t solve the problem of people abusing the queue system in casual bg’s at all. People abusing that system do not intend to get into fair fights, so you need to force them.

They should make separate brackets in casual pvp queues. Solo’s get solo’s, 5-man groups get 5-man groups.

Blizzard: “We have tried nothing and we’re all out of ideas.”

2 Likes

Because they dont use addons to synchronize, and no one was banned for this xD

If you want fair games, they should start fixing the issue which makes an uneven number of healers on most epic Bgs and adding an ilvl balance system for both factions. And alliance has problems in epic Bgs (when in the past we used to always win them) and this may be due to a design problem, and finally, since horde has more people than alliance, there are probably more 5 premades that, by simple statistics, end up entering the same BG even though they are not synchronized. As long as this is happening, they are incentivizing alliance to make synchroniced premades to avoid these problems.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.