Be safe, your life is important

I mean I have the live location of most my schoolmates through snapchat rn, times have really changed i guess.

in the end you should tell your gender, age and town/country. But from some messages my ex gf got, there will always be creeps that will try to stalk you the moment they even think (wether they are right or not) you are a girl

Even if people are nice you shouldnt give out information quickly. i have seen quite alot of messages of guys that act nice, but suddenly act like mental patients when they find out the girl has no romantic/sexual interest interest in some guy from some chat or game

I removed myself from Facebook about 10 years ago, was a very “ahead of the curve” decision then, but i just got tired of people posting the best inserts of their lives, new moms posting every new detail about their kids or their new material acquisitions while you know their husband and know it’s all paid for in debt…when it became a platform for bragging is when i kinda stopped seeing meaning in it.
Anyway, never regretted it.
Am also thinking that online you can see more trash behavior than in real life.

6 Likes

If you are then so am I. For years I’ve been saying I didn’t want my picture on the internet and people would tell me I’m crazy for being this “paranoid”. Those people are starting to get it now that their children are being targeted.

They are starting to get it when I point at China. And even here people are getting more and more in trouble with getting insurances because of the info those companies buy of you. Slowly but surely people’s eyes are opened.

1 Like

Yeah but a big problem is people were like “facebook bad im going to delete my acc” and then went on with their usual business on twitter and instagram as if those dont share the same issues

In that regard i feel like this as well:

I only ever made fb to contact some people i knew that lived in other countries, once we got to busy to keep up contact i ended up deleting my fb as well 5 years ago.

Im aware im not the most social person, but the amount of grbage and useless information some people can post on social media annoyed me xD

Indeed, and I would argue that Twitter and Instagram are worse, because unless you’ve locked down your account, your posts on these platforms are easier to find. Whereas Facebook is slightly more limited to your “friend” group and mutuals usually.

The key is communication with those you genuinely know and trust such as parents, RL friends, teachers etc to inform them of anything worrying, odd or just uncomfortable about any online activity. Anyone ‘dodgy’ online thrives on anonymity and anyone they target not having the ability, confidence, or sense to talk to other people about it. Many are embarrassed to admit they’ve made a mistake with someone they’ve shared info with but that embarrassment is temporary, better to share the experience with those you trust so you can determine the best option to both protect yourself and also others.
Once you say or post anything online you need to assume it’s up for all to see, for all time. You can still be friendly but remain guarded.

Having said all that, people do share info without a problem, people also meet without a problem. The net isn’t a scary place if you know how to use it. Life gives you the experience to have a better shot at spotting when something isn’t quite right but even then people can be taken in. There’s a wealth of free information online just by a quick internet search for online safety and probably more specific local help wherever anyone lives.

Excellent post Shamanakis, it’s always worth reminding people of these things.

2 Likes

Sadly yes there are and we all have to be the better people and report these kind of crimes I am saying this because recently on my news program on television there was a pedo that was stalking minors online he is 50 and has nothing better to do these people deserve fate worse then death.

An orbiter/follower today tracked down a gamer, cut her head, posted the photos on discord and taunted her friends with messages.
And there are people writing in the hashtag of her death, that she deserved because she was “toying” with men on line.
By toying they mean that she was being a tease/rude.
And FOR THAT, they justify it.

They are posting her death’s photo with laughter.

This goes beyond pedophiles who are at least an isolated group of people, and can be spotted.

This is like evil flooded the planet.

The girl was 17.

I feel like vomiting since I learned about it.

4 Likes

Ah man that is even worse some people are just sick and have mental issues and this is even more troubling :worried: because people cheered her death what is wrong with society?.Too much internet has rotten their brains and turned them into sick people.My condolences to that girl and I hope there is a special place in hell for that person and those sick ppl encouraging the culprit.

3 Likes

todays fact is utterly disgusting indeed.

for some people jail isnt enough :)))) we all know what must be done to those people, but “sOcIeTy” wont act on it.

this is not the first one, and sadly not the last, because crimes like that are close to unpunished.

3 Likes

Bucky it is true though probably because society is to scared to act and I never thought I agree completely with you but there it is I wish i could give you 2 likes now that was really deep coming from you.

1 Like

The thing is that people see all those gamers / infuencers showing their face, their house, talking about where they will be,
and they relax about all the precautions they should take.
They give names, addresses everything without a second thought.

There should be an awareness campaign again.

People are now ignoring the dangers of on line presence.

1 Like

One of my female friends also was getting stalked, blizzard gave him multiple warnings then he stopped

1 Like

Thats a trend i have been seeing on the internet the last few years. mental patients like this will always exist and cant always get identified until harm is already done. Meeting a nutcase like this can happen irl to over something simple as bumping into someone on the street accidently.

But the last few years i see a huge increase of guys claiming to be nice guys but ending up like total arses when they end up being rejected by the girl they act nice and sane for. And for what it seems they are nice guys until they snap for a small reason. Yet these kind of guys see themselves as nice guys and victimize themselves, often blaming or whining about the friendzone or feminism whenever they can. when something like what you said they are the first to blame the girl, while in fact they are huge arses minimum and at max full blown maniacs. Its sad to see there are more people than you’d expect who would blame the victim in such cases. But it seems to become more of a common thing on the internet lately

1 Like

Anyways, let’s not derail this to a talk about men vs women.

For me this is about the dangers about ANYONE’s personal info being exposed to random internet psychos.
This is the more productive way to inform people to be careful with their information, and REALIZE the dangers of exposure.

1 Like

i’m not trying to derail it, just saying the self proclaimed “nice guy” are the people you need to watch out the most

2 Likes

Sorry didn’t mean to sound like I was accusing you about it.
Just wanted to define the problem better.

2 Likes

Well now you are scaring me a bit because other people have told me that I am a nice guy and of course I’m not a flower either people who know me here know that I have a passive agressive nature too I’m not proud of that but is it wrong to be a nice guy all of a sudden???.

Unfortunately victim blaming is more and more common these days in any scenario. It indeed most definitely works both ways with women often as bad as men. It’s an easy trap to fall into being more trusting of someone because of their sex or gender especially when it’s the same as that of the victim.
If anyone posts imagery to forums do check the data policies of that forum beforehand. Pictures contain exif data that can identify location if taken with a phone camera that has geotagging switched on. The likes of Facebook remove that data but not all forums do.