Be safe, your life is important

Easily avoided with privacy settings. Nobody can find my page without a direct link, nor see any information unless a direct friend. It’s kids using it like MySpace that are in danger of that.

Alot of people on social media like to add as many people as possible because they feel like very popular. There are plenty of stories of people making a fake account to keep an eye on their kids activity on social media. or other cases of people to pretend to be others to fish for more information.

But yes privacy settings do make things safer, but it doesnt help if the person doesnt think too much about who to add and what information not to give

oh my bad! forgot when we get online, we travel to astral world out of reality.

maybe you do, but i take people online serious, that includes friendships and potential friendships. and if my “friend” doesnt trust me enough to tell me their name, we can just cut all the ties there.

obviously i dont expect people to tell me their full biography and parents names, but if things as basic as age and name are a secret, then we just split up.

which is exactly what I said. if someone you meet online is too weird to tell their name, i dont think i can be a friend with such person.

oh thanks for telling us that no person uses emojis while speaking. really enlightened us there.

means you have lost touch with the reality. a.k.a assuming/seeing things that arent real, seeing too much thread, think you’re being stalked and what not.

again, taking caution is good, but falling into other extreme case is not.

not really, “online” is part of real life, just like going to cinema is part of real life, and just like sleeping is part of the real life. its something that’s happening IN REAL LIFE.

if you think otherwise, i got bad news for you.

What is your name?

2 Likes

It’s impossible to fool someone that you’re 12 year old in real life, when you’re 50.
And then use the trust built for months, to reveal your age, after having groomed the kid.

In real life it would be stopped by the plain fact that they can see you.

And that’s just one of the things that make on line presence more dangerous, and demanding more safety measures.

You want a reason why you need to be more careful online. Let me use the rl online example you used and make it more extreme so you might like it. Lets talk the person in question is named anduin

Real life: Anduin is a man going to university. His hobbies are sniffing womens hair during public transport. Anduin really wants to find love but is too shy to talk to women he just met. Thats why anduin first gets used to them by staring at them from a distance and following them home without saying anything to make sure they get home safe. Anduin also can get angry and violent when his "noble"intentions are not appreciated by the women he follows and encounters duirng public transport. Anduin has several restraining orders and a criminal record because of this behaviour. He does not understand why because he feels like he acts noble and nice towards the women in question.

Online: Anduin is a mighty lvl 120 paladin online, who has no problem dealing with men normally, but appears to be extra helpful towards women. He meets a woman online named sylvanas who is a lvl 120 dark ranger. Sylvanas does not see signs of him being a creepy stalker, currently she sees a very helpful and nice person. she trust him enough to give her name and adding him on social media. Anduin find out more and more about sylvanas and decides to visit her. Sylvanas did not like him suddenly showing up at her door . Anduin does not understand why he gets rejected and gets angry and violent as sylvanas is trying to close the door.

Seeing your previous comment this should be according to your logic. What is the difference between online and real life in this example? Thats right, you can’t see certain very obvious clues of someone being dangerous

We’re dating and you don’t even know my name bukabae

Buka lmao

extreme example but yes its true, its impossible to do such thing “irl”
however its possible to fool someone you’re 20 when you’re 17, etc etc.

tl’dr you’re saying in first story you can “see” signs when he’s sniffing peoples hair I assume?
and are you implying people dont show similar signs online or? :joy:

obsession shows signs anywhere.
and in both of those stories, sniffing hair and following home is the moment you realize you gotta pull out so i dont see the difference.

I know your age tho!

That is indeed true!

I think you’re just being argumentative, and this is proved by your dialogue with Lxser and your, correct, denial to say your name and personal info.

If what you said was what you believed you would just go ahead and say your personal info.

You know it’s not appropriate to do so, yet you debate that it would be normal to do so.

2 Likes

That’s a returning trend for him.

2 Likes

how so?

not sure if you have some kind of vision disability but lemme quote it for you.

They really think you’re kidding when you say your name is buka oof

it just means nothing. Anyone can say Jim for instance.
It’s obvious I mean something more when I say personal info, but he decided to be the first one to troll this topic.

creatures i meet on this forums really make me question a lot of things idk.

I mean I know where his from, what he does, what his age is, what he looks like and a bunch more stuff, its not like he hides it?
He’s literally known to link a pic of himself in arguments huh

1 Like

But daaaaaaaaaaaad! I wonna go & party with my friiiiiendssss!
This is what all the Tauren are wearing!!!

1 Like

I’m glad you think I’m so angelic that it makes you question your sanity :flushed:

1 Like

Well obviously, I just mean that there is a solution to this and people really should be educated or just generally figure it out themselves. I can see elder folk falling through the cracks on that but younguns and parents should really know these things by now. We’ve had the internet nearly 30 years, damn it.

This is why argueing with you is pointless 99 out of 100 times. You are just argueing for the sake of argueing

1 Like