Been Waiting A Long Time For This

So, been trying it with my hunter, Found that its apparently bugged as it wont spread between Mobs.

Apparently tho it spreads between players. Just wondering if anyone alive tonight can help me with this :slight_smile: and if you want it too, well that’s just a win win

What on earth are you talking about?

3 Likes

The achievement “Been waiting a long time for this” you need to stack Necrotic plague 30 times before you kill the Litch King, Usually the debuff jumps from you too the mobs and when you kill the mob with the debuff it increases the stack and jumps to a different mob or you. But apparently there is a bug of some sort in the game now where it won’t jump from mob to mob

You need a pet or another player, that achievement cannot be done solo.

The trick to this achievement is to get your pet aggroed right off the bat. Best way is to do this. While Arthas is crotch rubbing with Tirion, you need to move your pet right on Arthas. Use the move key on your pets action bar. Then set it to “Stay” and “Passive” Then you feign death at approx 4 seconds before the fight starts. You STAY feigned until there is at LEAST 25 adds on screen with Arthas. Then you pop up and allow ONE necro plague. Run to the pack but do NOTHING! If you so much as look at an add you will aggro and you will need to restart.

As soon as the plague jumps (on its timer it won’t do any damage to you) use disengage to spring yourself right away from the pack. Feign death again and STAY DOWN!!

Now you have your focus set to Arthas.

ON 3.3 you needed to keep track of the tick counter on the adds. This is because every time the plague jumped AND a new plague was put on a player, Arthas gained a stack of his buff. Because your pet is aggroing everything and does not count as a “player” no new plagues will be added to Arthas’ tick counter. Therefore any ticks added to his stack are from plague jumps. You need at least 30 to trigger the first part of the achievement.

The 2nd part is simple. Once you see Arthas’ tick counter hit 30 or more (remember the ghouls adds will drop like flies when that plague count reaches 10, its why you need a crapload of adds before you start a Necro tick) stand up to remove feign, set your pet to normal (so it follows it’s default attack set up) and absolutely blasting Arthas till he goes through his roleplay.

Done correctly soon as the fight is over you will get your achievement.

For a video of how I did it (the achievement didn’t kick in as I already had it before I made the video) I have it on my (barely used) Youtube channel.

“Been waiting a long time for this”

*edited for spelling mistakes)

3 Likes

Yes, Souldefíler, you’re right in that’s the correct strategy. However, it doesn’t work now. The plague doesn’t jump between NPCs anymore. It’s either a change that hasn’t updated the spell description, or it’s a bug. My money is on it being a bug.

It doesn’t jump between NPCs at all? Even if there is more than one player there?

That would make it pretty long …

They must have patched it between Legion and BFA. I did it on my Hunter in Legion.
I think the clue was to not damage the lich king yourself. But that was in a MoP era video I used to see the tactics.

1 Like

there’s no bug, its working as intenteded, did the achi on 25 men half a year ago, and did 10 men few months ago. working as intended.

you gotta do it specificly and stand in a specific place and achi’s easy peasy

What are you talking about i did this in solo with my warlock… Oh whait nvm…

Soloed on my shaman during WoD I think. They must’ve changed it indeed.

It doesn’t? Well that bites. I would hazard a guess it’s a bug. If so… And given Blizzard’s slightly less than lightning fast reaction to removing bugs from old world content… I wouldn’t count on it being fixed any time soon. or year. Or decade. Or millennium.

Solving old world content problems that people may enjoy doing is very low on their priorities. Not as if people who play old content pay the same sub or anything.

That is correct. You will need two players and one pet, or three players, to do it now. It must be done so that the plague jumps between the players not tanking the boss, and you’ll have to be very careful that it doesn’t jump to a NPC at any time, since it will not jump back to the players once it kills the NPC… effectively resetting the stacks.

Yeah, I don’t think they’ll fix this anytime soon either.

You’re using old data to support your claim. You’re plain wrong.

It’s still possible to do it, like I wrote above, but it’s not “working as intended”.

If you are two people it’s very easy, when the Necrotic plague is about to expire just stand inside eachother to be sure it jumps to the other person then just repeat and it will start to stack pretty fast.

It tooks us a while to figure it out but when we did it was a walk in the park :smile:
I did it around 3 weeks ago.

Does that mean the tank can get the plague debuff? As in, it’s not cast on the tank, but she/he can get it?

I’d say being two people is still risky if mobs are alive at the point when the plague is about to wear off though.

I might try it again with only two players, but since my partner will be able to help out it might not be needed, but it’s good to know that it’s still possible with only two players.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.