Best and Worst World Quests?

Also, what sucks: WQs like bot scrambling during Vol’dun invasion, where you actually have to go pick up the gizmo instead of getting the extra button right away. A step back. Same with the finale where you have to go back to pick up your group.

I miss the Kirin Tor WQs, they were way more fun than the Tortollan ones

Some of my favourites:

• Any bombing run one (apart from the one on my hated list)
  • The Tortollan matching game (always fun to try and do it as quickly as possible)
  • The one in Nazmir where you use a scroll to turn into a giant hand
  • Most assault WQs, particularly the ones staged at Arom’s Stand or Tiragarde Sound

Ones I Hate:

• That one bombing run quest in Zuldazar that’s bugged (at least last time I did it it was still bugged) - the one with the plague catapults where you need to bomb 3 of them but only 2 can actually be hit, and it’s not unusual for multiple people to be there, and the bird spends most of it’s time outside of the radius of the catapults, making you continually hop on and off of it until a catapult respawns and you’re lucky enough to be the one to hit it.
  • Horse jumping in Tiragarde Sound
  • The last quest during Zuldazar assaults with the submarine

:turtle: a turtle :partying_face: made :partying_face: it to the water! :turtle:

The photograph one, I don’t need a random bunch of screenshots in my screenshot folder. The novelty is gone from that one very quickly.

Could anyone confirm if they actually are saved as screenshots btw? I can’t be bothered to do that WQ.

Hehee i listed that one as one of my favourites. I don’t do selfies irl because i am not that generation but in game i just find it hilariously stupid (=fun in my books) and different from the usual 10 bear tongues. Especially because i usually manage to take ones where something is attacking me from behind while i smile happily to camera. Never looked if they actually save as screenshots but judging from the amount of screenshots in my folder they probably don’t.

2 Likes

My favourites are generally any which is kill one mob, job done, move on.

1 Like

I just thought of another world quest that I enjoy. It’s called “Fragment of the Firelands” and takes place in Zuldazar. All those goblin screams. :joy:

3 Likes

Best-any wq which requie killing one mob solo
worst-all tortollan bullsh*t

Personally I miss the Kirin Tor WQ’s :frowning:

Right now my favourite are the ones which are very quick. CoA for example I’ll internally groan when I see the % bars and be super happy when it’s the one mob or 5 Azerite Wounds.

1 Like

I do get what you mean but I have the opposite opinion.

When I enter an area now the quest is automatically accepted, and automatically completed.
Having to run up to an NPC, accept 3-4 quests, do them and run back and hand them in every day for weeks on end isn’t any more immersive - at least not for me. I don’t get any more “feeling” for them just because they are accepted from an NPC. The way the WQs are done speeds up the process some.

On topic though. I agree with those “fill the bar” quests. Objectives seem to be abit undertuned so I feel they take longer to complete than kill & collect quests.
For some reason, I still really like to do the Shell Game puzzles

Outside of “kill named mob” quests, which I like, because they are fast and easy, my favourites would probably have to be (in no particular order):

1. Shell Game
  2. Make Loh Go
  3. The one in SV that has you riding a shark eating murlocs
  4. The one in Darkshore where you enter a ballista and shoot the ships (if you get lucky you can have a stack of enemies at the shore - one time I got like 92% progress with just one shot)
  5. The one in Tiragarde that has you pooping on pirates.

Notable mentions: collecting fertilizer in and being sent to the spider/golem area with that OP totem that stuns enemies - both in Vol’dun.

Which ones I dislike?

1. Beachhead
  2. Horse riding in Tiragarde
  3. Penguin sliding in Tiragarde
  4. Azerite Elementals and Azerite Mining
  5. Foulbelly - the ogre guy in the middle of the Elite Ogre cave in Arathi that seems to spawn pretty much each day

Notable mentions: the one where you have to collect Tortollan Scrolls and kill the Naga guys in that drowned Loa temple in Zuldazar, many others that I feel require way to much effort too complete.

As for invasions…

I absolutely despise the submarine ending in Nazmir and the T-rex ending in Zuldazar, I love the Iron Star ending in Tiragarde and bombing Warfang Horde from the back of the Gryphon.

Notable mention here are those invasion WQs that have you go to the airship and do a lot of stuff there - way too long for a single quest.

Out of curiosity… why is that one so hated?
It’s one of the quickest one to complete, so I’m guessing it may be because it’s abit out of the beaten track to get to?

they’re nice, except Slippery slopes (south tiragaurd), the one with like 1000 stacked snow balls at the start. god i hate that one so much.

It’s only there when i desperately need either a 0.2% for my next level or one more rep for the tiragaurd paragon cache…grrrrhhhh :tired_face:

I came back just to let you know, i have found the answer, the worst wq to ever exist is the cooper race in norwington estate !

2 Likes

For me the worst one is the kill hawks for feathers q in tiragarde sound cuz for some reason the feathers have like 10% drop for me and it feels like vanilla wow q just looong and grindy as heck (no joke it took me 10 minutes to get all the feathers)

It’s happening. 8.1.5 has another turtle WQ where you play the crab and eat the turtles.

Best one is “Sliding with Style” and worst one is :turtle:a turtle made it to the water :turtle: for me.

And anything involving Jani.
Hek hek hek!

2 Likes

I don’t like it, because I suck at it and I need many tries not to get caught by the Yeti :smiley: It’s just my personal preference, though :slight_smile: It’s totally possible others like it :slight_smile: