Best PVP class for casuals

As much of us in Europe I’m in a lockdown, retail has gone too far for me, so Classic, it is. Although I have no experience in end-content of classic, but I am an Barrens questing expert already, I can tell you that.

I’ve been through shtloads of “best pvp class” threads. All assumes you want to be the very best, like noone ever was. Well, I don’t, I just want to enjoy my time, which I just don’t have that much, try it yourself is not an option here.
I’m looking for the most casual-proof class.I’m a Hordie by heart, pallies are out.
Let’s debate, no sh
tposting or trolling please, I am dead serious here.

1 Like

Shadowpriest is really easy to play. Just shield yourself and dot stuff and you’ll probably win.

4 Likes

Hunter, is a class full of tricks but after you have good macros (/!cast auto shot, etc…) / macro for a concusive shot and wing clip macro on same keybind wich require a special addon) you can do good with lower number of keybinds. it have a good skill floor for a beginer but you can also improve on it alot. Its pretty fun and you can build a strategy. its like being a ranged rogue. Same wpvp potential , more group pvp potential.
Hunters have good damage, cant be interrupted/delayed/silenced, feing death into frost trap into aimed shot, scatter shot, a pet stun, concussive shot with 20% chance to stun, a dot, a spell that makes rogues useless ( hunters mark), you have a pet that delay casts, you can drain mana from shadow priests and laugh on their face when they are oom (usualy 10 secs), you can spam wing clip when a target is nearby and still do decent melee damage if you use macros and monkey stance , the list goes on and on.
Oh and aspect of cheetah will make your melee enemies ask themselfs how can they ever be able to kill an hunter.

1 Like

Gona breakdown some classes that i tried not at 60 yet tho:

-Hunter : as stated above, really fun and good, you have a chance to figh twink rogues with ok gear that you can get through dungeons easy

-Druid : shapshift cost too much mana wich is a deal breaker for me, else i would play them, they are full of tricks and macros you have to use aswell,

-Paladin: as retri is boring, slow atacks, not that good damage and you get kited for days by any ranged class that knows what they are doing. As holy is fun if you manage your bubles/ cds well.

-Priest: Shadow is kinda boring for me at pvp, even if they are strong, if an hunter viper stings you, you are oom in 12 seconds, if they dont, you are oom anyways if you, like me, like to support the team with some heals

-warlock: only tried as affliction, it is good, you dot people up, you have no real burst unless they let you cast freely wich wont happen much, fun if you like to do huge damage but spreaded across everyone, you are also a fear machine wich i dont enjoy much but is powerfull

apart from this i suspect that rogue is the most fun for world pvp and low scale pvp (WSG), while elemental shamys being super fun in huge battles (AV) if you like to spam chain heal/ chain lighting, but totems can be a deal breaker for you since totem twist is such a HUGE deal and is only fun for your group

1 Like

The term “casual” doesn’t actually mean anything.

If you mean the easiest class to do decently well with, warlock or shadow priest.

1 Like

He already said no paladins! I would also discourage people from going druid for PvP if that someone’s looking for something “casual”. They’re a lot of fun but not easy to play effectively.

Hunters, mages and warlocks all easy choices. Self-sufficient, easy to level up, very powerful against some classes and in general competitive against the rest. Mages and hunters also have a huge potential against multiple enemies because of their control tricks (snares, silence, mana drain…).

Rogues are worth considering but for different reasons. They’re quite slower to get to 60 but a lot of fun in WPvP because of stealth; you can choose your targets or moment to strike carefully and just avoid opponents you’re no match to. Sneaking around alone already provides a lot of entertainment. Even with poor gear you can also be a great help to others thanks to your stuns, poisons and crowd control, which will make you feel useful while gearing up/learning the class.

If you remain undecided I suggest you try hunter for a few hours at least until you get your pet; if you like it try to hit 20+ to pay Ashenvale a visit and look for a warrior or rogue to make miserable (even if many levels above you, assuming you see them first). I think there’s a good chance you’ll have fun.

2 Likes

During the past 10 years I was a notorious melee fan, but Classic melee is just kinda wierd to me. Too much white attacks, being too vulnerable I guess.
Lock is out, I enjoy 'em, had lock alts all the time since LK, but classic have them different, too.
It will come down to mage/hunter/priest I think.

Help was much appreciated, thank you all. Keep safe you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Easy for casuals to master? Warrior is nr1, other classes have way more tips/tricks, you dont even have a reflect in classic. If caster then mage

Just go Orc warrior, master race and class… Simple

i would say mage, you have ice block, blink, nova and can conjure your own food and water. on top of that you have free travel to all of your major cities

Prot Paladin. You can solo grind elites several levels above as a semi-twink (that’s probably a waste of time though, but you can do it). Boring as a dry friday evening, though.

Orc’n’Rollin … get it

how come noone is mentioning rogues? You can 1v1 people without wearing gear, so that kinda removes that big barrier of entry if he has ok skill.

This (10 chars)

Rogue. You need 4 buttons
1 = cheapshot
2 = kidney shot
3 = preparation
4 = vanish

GG

Warlock is about 2x stronger than any other class. They’re so strong that duel tournaments have to ban almost half of their arsenal - and still warlocks win all the time.

People here are confusing strong and easy a lot.

Saying shadow priest is easy just because it’s strong, doesn’t make you right. It’s probably one of the most nuanced specs/class in the game with which you can do so much different things.
However if you are looking for the strongest, it also has to be put into context. 1v1 it’s warlock. Group play it’s warrior(that’s if he has someone that is healing him). Most versatile is a mage.

Easy is paladin and warrior. By themselves they are not the strongest, especially paladins, but both of these shine in group play. However they are very simplistic in it’s design.

Ah yes, the poor little warlocks are so strong in 1 vs 1 that when i duel them as bm spec they cant do nothing. they are really strong !

Disagree with this, Warlock is one of the highest skill caps out of all classes other than perhaps Hunter and you need gear to be able to perform well enough to not be a 1 shot kill. You’ll need to be able to kite well and switch targets to use CC and curses so there can be a lot to manage along with your pet.

Casual friendly classes I would say are Holy Paladin as you can perform well even without the best gear and there isn’t much to do outside of healing and dispelling.

Shadow priest: shield, dot, mind blast and mind flay rinse repeat.

Elemental shaman: Even a casual can get some pre bis gear and do well enough the spec revolves around trying to 1 shot people and supporting team mates when needed.

Frost mage: Gear defintely helps but with the defensive abilities from Frost you can do well even with mediocre gear. Mage does have a high skill cap but you can still do well with the class regardless.

BM hunter: Grab a pet, set it to attack someone turn on bestial wrath and crack open a beer. I did say Hunter has a high skill cap but Beast master spec is the easiest as your relying on your pet to do the majority of the damage although you’ll still need to learn to kite to do well.

Just my opinion…

Shadow priests are really strong in PvP. Shadowform, shield, dots, mind blast, you win.

Certain warlock specs are similar.