Bg's as a newly dinged character

Are absolutely horrible.

There’s nothing fun about having 130 ilevel and getting matched against people with almost 100 ilevel more. I’d rather take a longer queue time if it means I can face enemies with aproximatly the same ilevel.

5 Likes

Go do the Covenant campaign to unlock 197 ilvl gear.

3 Likes

then it still feels terrible

4 Likes

Sure, love doing the campaign 11 times.

7 Likes

At least when I die it’s because I made a mistake then, instead of getting erased because that guy was level 60 longer

1 Like

I really don’t think if a 226 ret comes along and casually deletes you from 30y range that you made a mistake xD

unless you mean by mistake = don’t get close to the big bois

1 Like

Content, man. Get used to it, because Blizzard releases less and less meaningful content with every patch. And you are supposed to play BGs after you are done with your pve chores and need to kill few more minutes of spare time. If you expect doing pvp as your main content, you are not playing the game correctly.

It gets you to about 170 item level before you have to start farming anima to get it any higher, and it’s faster to farm honour to do the same thing with honour gear. Except you are still feeling useless in every BG you’re in because you are still severely undergeared compared to everyone else.

1 Like

Its hard,but remember,everyone who’s leveling atm,and who just dinged has same issues as you brother.

Push covenant full story.Until you complete covenant story,every hc dung gives renown.

Do weekly raid (go as dps and slack,everyone does it) for anima,do weekly world boss kill for 207 item chance and 250 anima,farm anima and upgrade covenant set up to 197.

Get weapon from covenant story.

Buy honor trinkets first,then rings and neck.

Join low cr rated bg’s or make your own.You do not lose rating up to 1300,so all it takes is patience and time to win,and you will win eventually.

From 1300 to 1400 is one win.

Do daily bg’s,2s and 3s for conquest points.

You can get full 207 gear first week after hitting 60 just by doing rated bg’s.

If u can lead,its much better to make your own rbg’s,you have control over who are you playing with.

If u cant lead for some reason,try finding proper setups with same cr as yours.

Pay attention to people’s gear,and if they don’t have pvp trinkets,leave.

Always play with voice.

And pay attention to people’s cr.

My suggestion would be to avoid playing with people who have 40-50 + games played at 1500 rbg cr.Not because they are bad,but because they mostly don’t care about win or lose.They are going in with the wrong attitude.If i win i win,if i lose it doesn’t matter.

And that’s fine but only if you don’t want to progress,and you want fast honor farm.

Don’t judge people based on their rating.Just because someone has low rating,doesn’t mean they are bad people.Try and make friends to play with.Don’t rage on your teammates,because that doesn’t work well for you.You gonna start blaming everyone else except you,and you won’t be able to make progress.

I have played only 50 arena games on this char,but i have met 2 great guys who i am going to push some ratings in the future.

Judge people based on their behavior,not gameplay.

If they are POS,telling everyone how everyone else should learn how to play,how they did it better and faster,if they are trying to provoke you just to get angry response from you,to report you,while they themselves got boosted in arenas,just laugh at them and ignore them,knowing they are actually much worse than you.

1 Like

I really can’t tell you better than the others, you have to grab a little bit of gear before you plan on doing any competitive content.
If you really don’t have the time, then just a single 190 lego with 168 crafted BoEs will suffice with a WQ weapon, but at 130, you’ll get deleted by being merely stared at… 20k hp can be easily eaten in a single global, friend. :sweat_smile:

Well, it is a skill issue …they should play better…gear isn’t something to stop you…
Like the other day , a 23k hp mage managed to cs my convoke to be greeted by a 18k something starsurge that politely got him to graveyard…
I’m 100% sure that i outplayed him, gear didn’t play role at all…he could win that and in fact i was at a disadvantage…ofc…
I mean my 204ilvl boomie, against that 160ilvl (probably) mage was fair enough i think.
Now imagine the same 160 mage meeting a 226 duelist gear something player…
Gear doesn’t matter … 1shot is outplaying your opponent by the seer skillplay of pushing 1button…

You can push for 1400 rbg in covenant set and covenant story weapon,with pvp trinkets and rings.

Spec guardian,every team is going to invite you.

Even if I agree with your post I do not think longer queue times will resolve the problem. I do not have a problem being killed due to gear difference if I am able to get that gear aswell. The problem is (as in my post where I explain more about the gearing: How To Improve The WoW PvP Experience) that it might take weeks in order to get 197 and then you are still 29 ilvl behind duelist people (who I believe are fairly common in bgs).

Maybe a better solution would be to reduce the ilvl gap (by removing ranks 1-7) and reduce damange and healing. Then you will not have those scenarios when a new player is stuck in the graveyard but instead can be part of the battle even if they might not do as much.

Do you think a 44 ilvl difference is fair? I believe that gearing matters TOO much now. For me it has been going from barely damaging people, maybe getting them to 30-50% into oneshotting people. Gear should matter, but if I see a 30k player I do not think they have anything they can do against me.

1 Like

Ofc it is …fair… There is no outgeared…only outskilled…

Like … seriously … You know i’m just messing around.

If you have 70ilvls of progression…in the same season…do you expect gearing to be balanced?
Well, you can “cheat” and just quest it in campaign for 197 ilvl…but isn’t that pveing required for pvp in a way?
I can get you to a way closer match up,same skills and gear except one has his top lege the other without lege…who wins?
One has his top cove/sb full leveled, the other starts now…same gear…who wins…
Well, i remember an era that things where…fun…and still more balanced than now…and still you didn’t have to pve …at all…

Again, I’ve already done the campaign 10 times, I’m done.

All I want is for random bg’s to have a fixed ilevel, or at least not being pulled with people that have 220 ilevel when I only got 145.

2 Likes

well, my friend, i’m sorry to say, but 10 times you did a mistake and you didn’t learn a thing:

Well,there you have it.

People are giving you advice how to make some progress,you don’t want to do it.Its safe to say,its your own fault for getting oneshot in bg’s.

You’ll still get oneshot with pve gear. Just a bit less.

You guys derailed the topic from what I was talking about, fixed ilevel bg’s, because there’s nothing skilful about killing somebody 100 ilevels lower than you.

1 Like

No need to have fixed ilvl,since u can have 200 ilvl 3 days after hitting level 60.

Getting killed by geared people is gearing process.

At 200 ilvl you can farm rated bg’s and get that free 1400.

That’s 207 ilvl gear and you get 33 k hp for it.

Its much better than wasting time farming full 197 ilvl pvp gear.

Everyone does it like this :

1)Upgrade covenant set to 197 and get that covenant story weapon

2)Buy honor trinkets,rings and neck.Dont waste honor upgrading trinkets.

3)Farm 2’s,3’s for free CP,even if you win one third of games,you are golden.At least you get honor for lost games too.

4)Do rbg’s.You don’t lose rating up until 1300,only way you could lose rating at 1200-1300 is to tank your mmr by losing like 30 games before even reaching 1400 which is rare and almost never happens.

This is how its done if you want to progress.If you dont care about progress however,then do whatever you like but expect to get massacred every time u join bg at 27-30 k hp.

I won my first arena game 22/04/2021 at 194 ilvl.Tomorrow not even 2 weeks later,i will be 216 ilvl.

Arena is totally unfair.You will face 40 k hp players even at 0-1000 cr,but if you play long enough,you will win eventually.