Big FPS drops on new High-end PC

Hello! I’ve got a bit of an FPS problem, I probably know where is it coming from, but just to be sure I’m writing here, hoping for some info and tips.

I’ve got a new high end computer but the game has the same problem it had with the old pc, FPS drops, for example: I have average FPS 60 - 100, but in Elwynn forest drops to 30 - 40 when looking at it’s top while flying. Well in almost any location it can drop to 50 or even 40 sometimes. I think it may be bottleneck of my GPU. Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600
GPU: AMD RX 570 8 Gb
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
RAM: 16 Gb DDR4 3200 MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte AORUS Elite B450
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250 Gb
HDD: BarraCuda 1 Tb
PSU: Corsair RM 650x (2018)

Thanks in advance!

Not high-end, bottom end of mid-range actually. I have the one above, the RX580 8GB and an i7.8700K and I only get 120 to 150 in low pop areas, and 40 to 60 in high pop areas.

So yes, based on that GPU, it seems to be about right.

That sounds rather low for the 8700K.
What is your RAM speed?

You’re CPU bottlenecked in a lot of areas, so other than tuning graphics settings and setting your power settings to high performance there isn’t a lot you can do. Even the best PCs will go below 60 FPS depending on where they are.

Also that isn’t exactly a high-end PC, OP. More like bottom mid range with the Ryzen 3600 proper mid-range.

Ah, alright! Also sorry, both you and Trovlak are right, It’s not exactly a high end PC, though it’s the strongest yet I built so I was probably too excited!

It’ll run WoW just fine with the exception of the GPU being a little bit on the weaker side, but that being said WoW mainly cares about your CPU and the Ryzen 3600 is very capable. It’s just that because of the engine you are often bottlenecked by the CPU and if you’re running on Setting 10 (Or mostly maxed out settings) you will always experience frame drops in places like Orgrimmar/Stormwind as an example.

Yup, I do have those problems, and then as I said, Elwynn forest, some parts of Ashenvale, etc.

I’d recommend you to install a program called HWMonitor. It’ll basically tell you how much your GPU is being used. Whenever it’s not at 100% that means you’re being CPU bottlenecked and that explains framerate drops. It’s not your system, it’s WoW itself!

I’ve got HWMonitor already, but that’s a good idea!
One thing I forgot to say, I’ve had this very same GPU in the previous PC and it was doing the same things, so that’s probably it!

It is supposed to be a 2x8GB PC3200 kit, TeamGroup Nighthawk RGB. But CPU-Z keeps reporting it as 1600MHz, so I assume its faulty, I just can’t afford to replace it atm, money is tight.

Nope CPU-Z is correct.
Since it is DDR (double data rate) it basically shows half the speed of 3200, which is 1600.
I got 3600Mhz RAM and it shows 1800, which is correct.
Don’t worry, your RAM is not faulty.