Blazing ingots on populated realms

Revert a pointless change only to waste player times!

3 Likes

To boost their /played metric in the maw or WQ in every possible way

" it wasn’t broken and worked fine. so we decided to mess with it "

10 Likes

Why change it in the first place? Why? Why, 4 months after release, are you changing things of this nature? Why? Just… why?

4 Likes

So we get a slightly less worse version?
Sorry but that’s not a ‘fix’ at all. You pushed something sinister through and were surprised by the massive anger.

How about change it back to its original state. There was nothing wrong with it… by not doing that it just confirms the intention you had with this.

You guys and girls should be ashamed of yourself the way you’ve been handling this game lately. Entertainment is what we want, not time wasting busy works.

2 Likes

Did this use to be personal loot? I don’t remember

It’s crazy how blizzard waste their time and effort into “fixing” (lets be honest it’s not a fix and makes no sense why they deemed this needed to be changed) stupid stuff like this, and not fixing actual bugs in the game that have around since live.

6 Likes

Why not just make them work like they did before? Please stop with this system and let all quest loot be player-specific. Competition for quest items isn’t fun.

Have you learned nothing from the Vale/Uldum quests and how hated they were exactly due to this very reason?

4 Likes

So from:

• everyone had their own cones/ingots to loot with a hefty spawn time
    to
  • everyone can loot everyone’s cones/ingots with a hefty spawn time
    to now
  • everyone can loot everyone’s cones/ingots with a short spawn time… short spawn time, what does short mean in this case? 10 sec? 30 sec?

It was fine in the first iteration… why make more work on “fixing” something that you spent time working on to modify…

11 Likes

I have to agree with the ones saying why change it at all. Most I speak with are not fond of the Maw even on a good day and you are making it worse? WHY?! Seriously, why? Can you at least explain your reasoning to us. Is that too much to ask? Pretty please? Ill bake you a cake… it wont be a good cake, but its a cake.

1 Like

Well I guess I’m just going to skip that daily then. Way to go to drive me out of the Maw even more than you do already…
I guess the “time played” metric still is somewhere around and actively monitored

1 Like

More micro-gating, trying to squeeze every last second of “player engagement”.

Absolute state of it. Disgusting decisions by absolutely vile-minded game developers. Then trying to push a “hotfix” to appease everyone, when the hotfix-version was the one you were gona implement from the very start and just wanted to see how much you could get away with.

It’s the same everytime, and you have just enough dumb people who play this game who are able to drown out the voices of people who see your crap for what it is.

Pathetic beyond belief mate, the whole lot of yas.

8 Likes

Like M+ and raid loot… rather than do simple fixes for problems they introduced, they take months to add this VP system in. Creating problems, then never properly fixing the problems they created.

Things were fine before then the gameplay directive from on high of making everything longer, harder and more tedious came in and keeps coming in.

Like what next? Flight point NPCs going on a break after having served 5 players and don’t come back on duty until after 15 minutes?

1 Like

So get this:

Vrakthris

7451 posts

Customer Support

5m

For clarification, changes aren’t always made because “someone” may have asked for them (i.e. provided feedback). The items needed to be changed to help address a server issue the previous functionality was causing.

A hotfix should be live which increases respawn rate of those items to help those who are on the quest and our developers continue to look at options to avoid any roadblocks this change may cause.

Seriously? It “needed to be changed to help address a server issue the previous functionality was causing.” ??

It’s like we never ever had quests that had quest items work that way.
It sounds very false…

From here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blazing-ingot-quest-dead/906303/98

2 Likes

Wow, so they throw tech speak to hide more likely reasons?

It’s like: A customer calls you and asks for support to get their website back online, because it ‘mysteriously’ went offline. You say some tech speak at them to make it sounds complex, but in the head you know the reason their website is offline. One the servers wasn’t put back on by you after power-cycling a rack of 'em earlier.

Give them an ETA on a fix, give them tech speak and they’ll love you even though you’re creating problems for them.

5 Likes

If you can do better job than what Ion can do? Be nice! :wink:

Respawn? So it’ll still despawn after someone loots it?

They tried if people notice and call them out on it. People did, so they’ll return how it was, and pretend they fixed a bug, to look like good guys.

I think we’ll see a lot more of this in the future, so we’ll have to be vigilant.

Now, im so glad i don’t do the disgusting content called maw. It even got worse.

Weekly dev meeting goes like this:

The anima cone quest is being done too quickly. We cant have players completing the world quest in just a few minutes so we are going to change it to last 15 min or more if a lot of players are on.

Senseless, pointless chang this was. A true WTF moment.