Blizzard are catering to retail players

Title, blizzard is catering to the wrong audience when it comes to classic. Please don’t listen to the retail players that quit classic before they hit 60. They do not know what made classic good.

Disabling wbuffs in raids is alienating most of the hardcore and semi-hardcore classic players. An alternative solution to the wbuffs situation is disabling them in the first week/s of a content release, that way you get to experience the “hard” raids at the start and get to have fun when wbuffs are enabled.

18 Likes

Only Noobs need World Buff

5 Likes

Yes, only noobs need world buffs to kill the bosses. Most people can kill them w/o wbuffs, I think you are misunderstanding.
Wbuffs makes the game more alive and fun by adding a layer off preparation and depth to raiding and the game in general. Wbuffs created a reason to go to different zones, w/o wbuffs there will be almost no reason to go to Felwood, STV and DM. I can speak for a lot of people when I say that it is way more fun to raid with wbuffs than without, just look at all the hype around speedruns in BWL-Naxx.

9 Likes

im pretty confident that I can literally maintank throughout all the raiding content by controlling a steering wheel with my feet. It is not about it being hard, it is boomer-simpel. If anything, then world buffs make it hard because you need to prepare with some logistics and push the absolute limit with more risks involved (skipping / multi-pulling / over-agro / no breaks etc)

12 Likes

Seems like 95% of the playerbase is noobs. You heard it here everyone! Tain called the classic community noobs. Only guilds that does no wbuff runs are good.

1 Like

I can’t wait for actually bad people to realise how boring AQ40 is and how hard people actually will struggle in Naxx without world buffs carrying them. You will understand how wrong you are when it already is to late.

6 Likes

I think this is a good point. People enjoyed playing with World Buffs, especially dps. It made the game more enjoyable as a whole when you can get through the endless trash in MC and AQ40 a bit faster. After all, that’s why we play the game. To have fun. So it is quite mind blowing to me, the amount of people that voted to have WB’s removed from the game. I can only assume that most of those players weren’t planning on playing Classic again or at least not for more than a month. Here’s hoping things will change after feedback from the beta…

9 Likes

Can’t speak for others but i for one don’t find any enjoyment in camping/tracking/waiting when the wb’s are gonna be popped.

3 Likes

Wbuff are completely busted magnitudes that weren’t intentional to be major part of the raiding routine to begin with, casual and semi-hc players are sick of them and that enough of a reason to give it a no go.

Same goes to mage boosting, which basically killed normal leveling, you want it kept too? well guess what they had 2 choices to decide from, and what they did is right thing to do, by sending surveys and aligning changes based to its outcome.

I’ll never understand why people are so eager to turn Vanilla into TBC/Retail, is it pure spite?

TBC and Retail both exist, go and play those. TBC is literally the dream iteration for Vanilla haters, help it out, it could certainly use the players.

6 Likes

Classic era servers with world buffs exist, go and play those.

2 Likes

No they don’t.

TBC however does exist and its everything you want, its literally the game Vanilla haters have been desperate for - Vanilla but with everything ‘bad’ removed.

GO AND PLAY IT, desist even posting here, you should be having so much fun with TBC you’ve forgotten there even are wow forums to moan on.

4 Likes

Stop lying, I closed Naxxx on 4-5 week with pug players, step out your comfort zone.

I love your videos. Hopefully Blizzard will bring back worldbuffs and a new WCB horde only video will release.

#BringBackWorldBuffs

3 Likes

Yes, and I am certain your pugs had world buffs especially going into naxx week 4-5. I played in a top guild during naxx and our 2nd split raid was the 2nd best raid on our realm(Firemaw). If you dont think most people are going to struggle with how difficult it is going to be without buffs I think you are wrong.

Most players in the playerbase couldn’t do what guilds that cleared MC week 1 with that amount of gear they had and no buffs. Its going to be the exact same in AQ40 and Naxx.

4 Likes

Well, maybe i want to raid non-outland raids, and play without people who might have bought blizzard level boost? And without horde paladins, ally shamans, belves, and draenei?
And current content zones without flying mounts?

Now you can point me where is server like that then eh? Excluding the obvious p-server choice, since you world buff lovers have same option.

1 Like

not gonna happen, its now in hands of retail players. I am afraid you classic purist conservatives have lost ground.

WBuffs make raids far more satisfying. You feel the button push more. And the raid is like a movie : not too long, you go through it. And you can joke and babble with your friends.
That’s just a good evening experience. A beer, full WB, some friends = good time.

Enjoy your dumb slugfest : removing WB do not make the game more difficult, it just makes it longer and slugger.

7 Likes

Imagine wanting to play the game differently, which is completely fine. But then to enforce your way of wanting to play a game instead of adapting or just not get world buffs and join a more casual guild. My god I hate that the world we live in allow people to be so damn entitled.

5 Likes

sorry but thats the way it is, cant beat them join them.