Blizzard, Could you not disable legion legendaries?

This is coming from someone whose main content is old content.
What I do in my free time is Transmog farming, by running old dungeons like blackrock depths, razorfen kraul and Zul’farrak for items with value to sell on the auction house.

And something that really helps out and makes it more fun is having legendaries like Sentinel’s Eternal Refuge and Sephuz to increase my movement speed. Depending on how dedicated you are, you can have speeds that’s faster than 100% ground mounts (223%). While this might seem broken, keep in mind that this is pretty much only used for running old dungeons for transmog, and timewalking. Having these legendaries disabled is a huge shot to the foot for us who do this.

So why would blizzard do this in the first place? I came up with some theories on why they might have.

Reason 1: Blizzard only sees the current and previous expansion as ‘‘current’’ content.

We can see this right now for example. We have BFA for people who are active subscribers and bought the current expansion, and we have legion for people who are active subscribers and have not bought the current expansion.
With shadowlands, BFA will take legions place, and you will only need a subscription to access that content, just like now with legion.

This could very well be a valid reason for them doing this change, and they not knowing that it would cause some concerns for people who use legion legendaries on a daily basis.

Reason 2: Blizzard want old content farmers to use the new Bear Tartare coming in shadowlands (Speed Boostwich) instead of legendaries.

This would probably be their replacement since legion is going into legacy mode. However, as we can see with bear tartare. If it only gives you 15% at most then it’s just a huge nerf to a non issue.

Reason 3: Fun Police.

Blizzard don’t want you to do old content, instead they would prefer you playing the current content. While this is understandable, I’m still paying the same amount as someone raiding or pushing high keys. This is just what I find fun and interesting to do. Running old dungeons.

So if you made it this far, I have some suggestions to propose.

• Disable the effects from being used in Shadowlands zones

This way, blizzard wont have the issue of players using it for current content, while also letting people who run old content keep playing with them.

• Buff Bear Tartare back to 70% movement speed instead of 250 speed stat, and make it only work for old content zones and instances.

This way, if blizzard REALLY feel like they need to disable legendaries, old content farmers have an alternative option to still play their game.

• Make Speed Boostwich the pre-nerf bear tartare.

If blizzard don’t want people to use either legendaries or bear tartare, then blizzard could make this the pre-nerf version of bear tartare, which would work in any zone and instance, be it old or current content. However, this could affect the current content, and seeing everyone running around with 170%-215% movement speed isn’t something blizzard wants I assume.

While I doubt this affects anyone of you who are playing this game, except for the few, this is my content and what I have fun doing. And blizzard taking it away is never fun, regardless to who it may affect.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.