Blizzard do something to Hunter in 8.3!

Ok we have 3 DPS spec Beast Mastery ( The best spec for pve now ) MM and Survival.

I looking logs from PTR and some movie from PTR on youtube, hunter was be useless in next content. No one want him on this raid. All encounter looks favors dot and strong AOE classes ( Spriest, Warlock, Unholy DK, Mage, Roque) rest class have great aoe spell what doing great dmg. Shammy have soo many aoe skill, Demon hunter have great AOE, Druid both dps spec have Good AOE, idk how look Monks but i see something changing in 8.3 for that class.

We have now only one aoe skill in all specialization : in BM is Pet Cleave 8 yard, when pet is bugged (yeah blizzard you still not repair one bug ) your dmg AOE is does not exist, we can’t control position wher pet can stay because they always changing position when tanks moving side. And if we want better aoe we need trait rapid reload, and minimum 3 target 0.o

MM rapid fire look better because this skill hiting 5 target but total dmg was not so strong, and BM still looks stronger then MM

Survi Wildfire Bombs looks the best of all AOE, but who care if no one want play this spec ( Why blizzard change survi to melee spec if no one ask for that 0.o? ) Idk someone playing Hunter in Blizzard company, or everyone play only magic caster?

And now my question what we can do when 8.3 raid has been release, sitting on bench and waiting to hotfix 8.3.2 or better 8.3.5 when blizzard say : hey look guys no one playing hunter, but why? hmmm maybe time to change something?

Its not Hating post but i want show how look situation now in PTR, and no one interesting this. Hunter have only DPS spec like Mage, Warlock, rogue but i dont feel that in BFA.

2 Likes

BM will not be bad next tier.

In fact, if this was a more typical raid tier (In terms of fight design), BM would probably be extremely strong (Excellent scaling with secondaries, not losing much from benthic, etc). The only reason it’s going to struggle more is because just about every fight is spread cleave, of which we have none.

That doesn’t mean hunters are going to be bad though. Unless you are world first raiding, getting benched because of your class either means you need to play better, or your raid leader is questionable. In just about any guild, if you play better than others you’ll be in.

Just because we might not be top overall damage next raid, doesn’t mean hunters are bad. We will still have excellent priority damage and 0 damage loss for dealing with mechanics (It’s a shame Dark inquisitor has a 99% DR for those knocking the orb, BM would excelled here). Rapid reload is also going to most likely be pretty useful on some fights (Carapace possibly, hivemind).

A ton of specs don’t have spread cleave for next tier, that doesn’t mean they are going to be awful. We haven’t even seen the last phases for Nzoth yet, which is the most important fight of the tier.

2 Likes

Bored of this doom and gloom with 8.3.

Very well put indeed, a good player will always get a raid spot.

I can also see Method running with good old Rogerbrown still hah.

Set aside the fact he is an amazing hunter they take Roger for his ability to suss fights and tactics out (same reason Scrype is there, not the 60k+ dps but as the raid leader). They struggled abit when he wasnt around due to compulsory military service. They’d take him on his hunter over any other dps if they didn’t know the fight.

On topic though. BM Hunter will be a good shout early in the tier like it is every tier. It’ll settle at mid tier once gear starts rolling in for other specs.

1 Like

True true.

Im looking forward to progressing with my hunter then messing around on alt clears with nt Warlock :slight_smile:

MM hunter will be effected by clf nerf more than other classes, fights includes heavy cleave to seperate and high quantity targets, Very bad scaling due to secondary stat scale, 5 cleave target limit on aoe ( lol ), 10 yard range. No two target cleave, no bis stat on every raid gear( which is ITR atm ) unless surging shots reworked or buffed.
To sum up, mm hunter will be very bad condition and keep going to bottom with ilvl ups. I really don’t understand how such a bad spec/character balance exist. I can’t think of a strong side of mm in 8.3. If we look into destro/affli warlocks ,fire mages, spriest(yeah probably at high ilvl they will be decent) ,ele mm hunter will be unplayable on mythics due to lack of dps, cleave, survive, utility, movement so if there will be no changes for mm hunter that means they forgot or don’t care much.

1 Like

As of right now, BM scales with gear/secondaries more than every other spec, and roughly similar to shadow priest. If anything, as gear increases BM will be in an even better spot than it is right now, it’s only fight design later in the tier that might hold it back.

Marksman sod be avable cast Aimed shoot wile moving plz becourse in 8.3 raids u need to move alot around and i hate BM not fan of pets more of a sniper.

MM has many problems, this is NOT one of them.

If you can’t handle standing still to cast aimed shot then you deserve to lose damage. MM has more damage-on the move than any ranged spec in the game outside of BM.

2 Likes

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/darkspear/shadowspawn Even with that I hardly score 6-8 dps. PvP other than battlegrounds - forget that.

With all due respect, the limiting factor for you right now is not the spec but how you are playing it. Don’t mean to be rude, but you really can’t complain about the spec when you are not playing it anywhere near to it’s potential. Of course MM isn’t great, but if you were playing it very well you would be top 3 in your guild comfortably with your gear.

Recommend taking a look at icy veins MM page. You will most certainly do a lot better if you follow the correct opener and priority.

they nerfing rep fire but buffing aimed shoot damage in 8.3 for MMs

Nope they are not.

Source please?

it was in some 8.3 changes video on youtube dont have time looking for it i am bizzy bizzy .

There are no direct MM changes.

No changes = brings noting new to raids = will be harder to get in to teams

What has that got to do with supposedly buffing rapid fire and nerfing aimed shot (of which is entirely false)?

If you play MM well, you will get into any group/guild.

the essence changes will effect on MM hunter damage so it has happend changes to ur damage already as MM :stuck_out_tongue: so no changes is no more valid term to use :stuck_out_tongue:

So basically, you even knew what you were writing was absolute rubbish? Why even write it then?

The essence changes effect virtually everybody. Absolutely nothing to do with rapid fire and aimed shot.