Blizzard failed,Subscribers punished!

I made a new topic about this as I am too tired to read 50-100 threads about it and this was about my thoughts.

Blizzard have had bonus xp buffs before so people thought this was the same.

The best Blizzard can do is to apologize to their subscribers that they made a mistake about this.
And they should always test the things in the game before they release it.

And is it you who have reported this topic?

1 Like

yes there has been bonus exp buffs before, mostly on wow anniversary and so, but none of them have been so you can stack them up, and use 10 at once, though sometimes you been able to use the anniversary buff and the top hat from darkmoon, but never use same potion 10 times to boost your exp gained buy what ever that potions gave *10, this was an exploit nothing else, and people had to know about it, they took a risk, they got caught now suck it up and be happy it was not a perma ban.

2 Likes

For God is the Almighty and shall smite the crap out of all heretics :smiley: C’mon, leveling sucks. At least this sent a message that they should fix it ASAP.

Rogue banish-sap bug exploited in arenas, nazmir cauldrons bug exploited, expedition and wq bugs exploited, still waiting for bans for ppl who exploited that, but blizzard didn’t ban bc they didn’t lose money from in-game shop, they didn’t ban bc of bug exploit, they banned bc they lost money

5 Likes

People who exploited WQ’s got punished actually, as for expeditions its hard to punish people for going AFK , arena vanish sap bug isnt going anywhere any time soon either.

people who were stupid enough to be so greedy enough to abuse it deserved it and are serving time adequate to how much it was abused.

Not knowing you’re exploiting does not keep you away from consequences.

By what I see in these threads, people who got punished knew exactly what they were doing. They got what they deserved.
End of story.

2 Likes

I think they had to split a stack up into seperate slots in their bag and then click them.
So it ain’t no acciedent.

2 Likes

No…it didn’t.

I bet you can even turn this around, what about ppl who have played nonestop on both a alliance and horde toon, farmed 750 of those “marks” to buy both mounts (since the 750 mounts where not shared like the 200 mount).

With last patch, they suddenly where, so, what if there was a few ppl who just wasted 750 point on a mount that other now got for free (if they had gotten it for 1 side).

I’m sure blizz will just be like “bad luck for you player, trololol”

1 Like

So you agree that Blizzard’s QA failed one of the most basic test cases:

• Clicking on a stack of the exp pot multiple times to see if it’s possible to stack the effect
  • Clicking on single exp pots in succession to see if it’s possible to stack the effect

In essence Blizzard indeed does punish their customers for their own shortcoming of basic 101 QA tests.

1 Like

Reddit/trade chat/class discords were flooded with “omfg look at this bug you can totally abuse, use before fixed”
People posting it knew it was an exploit and deserve what they got.
If they simply baited people to to exploit to get them banned instead, well played.

2 Likes

Only thing I agree with is blizzard punishing people who explioted.
Were you one of them?

Don’t be stupid, stupid.

1 Like

Yes they do have the right, it’s their intellectual property.

God I love these crying threads <3

Ofcource everyone knew this was not intended = it’s an exploit = ban.

Everytime something like this happens forum fills up with crying cheaters. Byebye!

1 Like

No other potion or flask in 14 years of WoW has done this, so there was no need to test it for that effect.
As soon as people realised it did, they should have been aware that there may be consequences,.
They went on regardless & now face said consequences.

2 Likes

90% of these people have all sorts of addons installed on there computers which is an unfair advantage over players without, it’s the exact definition of cheating according to blizzard. Delete the cheats!

The bans happened as another poster put it, to appease NPC wannabes like many in this thread, but it is not such a big deal, 3-7 days is over soon and it’s not like these people are going to have taken our raid spot, they can be hall monitor all they are still not good.

Whom exactly are you referring to?
All the bans are fair since those people exploited an unintended mechanic. It’s all on then. Every action has consequences and they got theirs.