Blizzard, please, add this

Blizzard, please, add the feature to synchronize your characters lvl with lvl of location. Many of us want to complete legacy questlines on their main characters, in conditions of relative equality with creatures in location.

Please, I know you can(actually, already did for groups)

9 Likes

Keeping your boyfriend hostage in your basement just pressing “space” to not be afk while you enjoy your precious Loremaster. Not doing this at all, just saying.

This aint a bad idea, im struggling to get my brother to level D:<

he just wants to do the story 1st before doing endgame, its been 3 years he hasnt made a max level alt yet xD

3 Likes

Just make sure it’s done well. We don’t want another SWTOR situation where the final boss is level 12

1 Like

This is exactly a problem with current system. You need to exploit other people. Why should we do this?

1 Like

Well. The entire world will scale to 50 when SL launches.

Personally would have preferred if they just scaled it to 60.

also, the raids. an option to disable legacy content buff. It makes some of the achievements impossible or very difficult to do.

It doesn’t have to be crisp tuned like Herald, but just an option to make it at least “sort of” at-level content. So you can gather a party of ppl and do a glory run.

1 Like

They’re doing it in Shadowlands. Well until level 50. Which means you can technically do this during the pre-patch.

But still, everything will be green at lvl 60 :frowning:

1 Like

I’d like to do a quest that needs me to decrease a mob’s hp but even with no items equipped I 1shot them. Or punch to be exact.

There is a toy for that, sold in Broken Isles (Legion) Dalaran.
https://www.wowhead.com/item=137663/soft-foam-sword
3,5s cast, removes 90% HP of a “trivial” i.e. not Boss type target, some levels lower than your character. Enough for “beat it up until it talks/gives up” quest purposes.

1 Like

By the way, even if you use the Foam Sword toy, remove your neck and azerite gear. I kept accidentally killing the wolves in WoD Nagrand until I realised some in-combat perk kept proccing to “protect” me and oneshot them as soon as they hit me. :joy:

1 Like

This will be exploited.

Level 120 toon with full set of abilities going back to level 1-10 zone and ‘synchronizing’ is going to be a lot more powerful than a natural low level toon.

So levelling from 100+ will be a breeze fighting easy to kill mobs that offer no real challenge.

RIFT had a system where you can set your char level lower and it sorta worked, but you where always more powerful and you weren’t really doing the content in a challenging way.

But the game can take away your abilities when you synchronized

How would that work ?

Are you suggesting that players have a different set of rotations and hot keys for each level they synchronise to ?

I suppose the game could take away all the good gear you have too (In your world).

If you start going down that road you open up a can of worms that ultimately will lead to failure as there are far too many variables and will end up as a complicated mess.

Very simply: just make skills, that are above of max lvl of location, inactive. And turn off neck and cloak, corrupts. Thats not that hard to implement

We already have gear downscale at TW dungeons, so its not even a challenge to implement this mechanism. Just add to it turned off neck, corrupts and cloack

I dunno in which world do you live, but i do in normal one. And as programmer i understand that all these futures are implementable

There are a lot of things that are implementable, the thing is are they going to be worth it ?

And ‘simply’ taking skills away means having a new rotation and hot key settings for each threshold level of skill gains. I can see that going down well with a lot of players. Think about it, there are 7 levels of talent gains. so we would need 7 hot key bars and relevant rotation adjustments.

Just because you can do something is no argument for doing so, nor is it necessarily a good thing.

As I already said, it will end up making things way too complicated and most likely won’t be something most players will take up, therefore a total waste of development time.

Problems which you discribed are non-existent. Everything would work as before but you just wont be able to use skills of lvl 61+ at locations which maximum is 60. Ofc you will have changed rotation. This is the point, to give people opportunity to rollback their chars to some point to be much more equal with creatures they fight against.

Actually, its not even a problem and many players can benefit from it.

1. Most specs have 70-80% of their skills at lvl 60. If you will take away that 20-30% it will not have so huge impact.

2. It can be useful to take an overview of how your spec mechanic changed through 60 to 70 to 80 lvl when you actually already have some experience at high lvl. Just to understand how huge impact some skills do. Especially it will be usefull for people who use boost bonus on classes they havent played before and for the people who returned to game after the break

I dont think that it will take very long time to make. All these features we already have in some parts of game. You cant use everywhere your pvp talents, for example. And we already have chars doenscale in TW. Not too much work to do remains

How long it takes to implement and how easy or hard it is to do is irrelevant. I for one don’t want to be constantly changing hot key bars and rotations to facilitate this.

As for the OP’s want/need to do some retro quests, there’s already a mechanism in game that allows you to experience the content at level, it’s called making a new character and using the AP disabler.

1 Like

Oh yeah, its very relevant, because you said it takes “development time”. Actually, its work for junior engineer who by default dont work on something hard or important part of the system

I dont want to create new char just to do old quests. I want to do them on my main so i will feel more attached to him and for the people like me, who seek for this feeling, it improves the feeling from the game overall. It would be good if Blizzard would give me this opportunity

Changing hotkeys? Didnt you set them while lvling? Whats the problem if you will be unable to use some of them in non-competitive content