Blizzard please open Character Transfer in prepatch

The wording here was really bad :frowning: we planned our upcoming server migrations around the 5k per char number which would allow me to transfer 30k worth of gold. But according to your support article (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/83440) that 5k limit is only for level 70 characters?
We wanted to escape the toxicity of PvP servers and move to PvE, we specifically didn’t want to level up on a PvP server just to be able to transfer everyones gold :frowning:

Edit: Also, back in 2.4.3 the limits was higher (51+ 5k) https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Transfer_limitations/Paid_Character_Transfer_FAQ_(US)?oldid=416423

3 Likes

Would love to see to be able to transfer from PvE to PvP realm…
Leveled in PvP friend plays on PvE, transfer there, the playing stops, get stuck
Like atleast an option to ‘’ go back ‘’

Another guild here that planned a move with your words of 5000g cap, is the help article wrong about the 2000g limit for level 60s??

3 Likes

What about Faction change?

You really need to clarify yourself here, I’ve just went to transfer and it says the limit is 2000g, not 5000g as clearly stated in this blue post. There is no levels mentioned, just that the maximum is going from 2k to 5k. I’m very frustrated after a week of wanting to move and now I’m stuck, again. Don’t make me do a “Well thanks Blizz” post.

Please explain why this is not in the game as you clearly stated? Why am I still limited to only 2000g? Why did I spend a week looking forward to this from official information and now I’m disappointed.

1 Like

So it’s an incompetent blue post, as EU website for TBC Classic realm transfer shows this:

|10-30|100g|
|31-50|500g|
|51-69|2000g|
|70|5000g|

I’m never, ever, trusting anything I see on these forums by any blue poster again. Just a bog standard forum user spouting nonsense.

Edit: So I guess this isn’t something Blizzard wants to talk about, ticket I put in this morning had a duration eta of 24 hrs, went to 22hrs then went to over a day and duration is just getting longer and longer, currently at 1 day 1 hr. I put a ticket in a few days ago with a 24 hr eta and someone got back to me within 30 mins.

Just completed a transfer with 5,000 gold on a level 60 char. So yet another wrong Blizzard help page. Hopefully this info helps you guys wanting to transfer.

How? The transfer limit is 2000g

It must be misinformation on the help site. I transferred multiple level 60 with 4999g and it worked.

2 Likes

I would have loved PVE to PVP transfer, had offers on other servers but levelled on Mirage Raceway. Like my realm a lot but in the end friends wanted to go PvP realm for TBC.

It actually did get to the payment screen surprisingly, but it’s just sitting at “Please wait while we take care of some business”. Did it take a while for you?

My man, are you on Pyre? I want to reward you with a small amount of gold! It appears to have worked.

Took 20mins to process or so.

Perfect, I’m not so please keep the money. Glad others are able to transfer with 5k.

1 Like

I’m not able to transfer my char, even though the paid service is back in game. Anyone else with this problem?
I’ve even tried to buy the lvl 58 boost, to see if it was the transfer service that was bugged, but even the boost service seems to be off. Any tips?

Amazing how fast you can fix issues that actually Cost.

Any chance to reset cd on transfer ? I transfered my mage on march 13 when we had no clues that pre-patch were coming in may.

This character transfer still isn’t working for me - It doesn’t load the payment page for me. Anyone know if I can fix this on my side?

I found that buying boosts would not complete and process if I tried to do it using the shop tab on battle.net login page. If I went to my Account in browser, login, then go to shop, and game services, then I was able to do it ok and it all went through.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.