Blizzard says big changes coming for priest and they're listening to feedback

Hopefully they remove Searing Nightmare.

1 Like

hope they add back cascade instead of searing nightmare.

they just buffed it on live :smiley:
probably they like it and will double down on it and YOU have to like it as well kek

Its stale as can be, they force down the troat play you in a i can’t move play in a move play meta.

It’s plain as day they don’t take feed from us we’ve said since the start of the expack we want an aoe that doesn’t make us stand still and die.

Cascade was a good ability they just gave up on. It was fun to press felt as rewarding as pressing hellfire and blizzard.

And Void form and surrender to madness is a dead talent the adds are dead before you press that…

The Dragonlands Talents makes no sense like we are forced down a path we have to choose Mind sear to get Mind blast damage increas we are Forced in to Searing Nightmare and void form no freedom of choice no nothing and i’ve waited for 8 years for them to rework us away from it and in to shadow again.

Am disappointed in the dev team.

They literally said they’re doing this just to up its performance while they work out something new for DF.

I hope they add cascade back too, but there is absolutely no way it can replace searing nightmare on it’s own. Just gonna have to wait and see but I really hope they find a way to make shadow aoe fun again.

yeye the worked on dragonlands for 2 years already and still didnt figure out that nobody likes searing trashcan?
I mean if you have hope, good for you.

4th spec redesign in 4 expansions.

surely this time

surely

it will actually be a functioning spec lmao

then again, the most insane spec deserves the most insane development cycle

I didn’t say I think it’ll be good, just that things will change.

I have an inkling that they might decouple Void Eruption from VF and have it take SN’s place as an aoe spender. And hopefully they’ll replace Shadow Crash with Cascade

They can make cascade add 2 sec on dots on each target it hits. Its way more rewarding to press that ability than Searing crapmare and shadow crap.

Ok… This does pretty much nothing to fix shadows aoe issues right now, but it’s definitely something cool cascade could do as well.

Shadow has never had a real aoe rotation in its entire history as a spec. There is no ‘old spell’ they can bring back that solves all our problems. They need to make something new, because frankly nothing that existed prior has ever worked for this role. If you think shadow is bad in dungeons now, wait until I tell you about mop wod challenge modes.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I feel mind sear is part of the problem. It’s the only channeled aoe spell left after blizzard and rain of fire both saw redesigns. I think having an aoe rotation need to dedicate so many globals to resource gen in that way is a big thing taking up space / holding us back.

It’s arguably why searing nightmare exists the way it does, because you need to make space for shadow to actually generate insanity as well as spend it, and the only way to do that was to let it do both at once through CWC.

they should make it show shadow can move while channeling stuff rather to sit still and be a dumpster class.

Rather than surrender to madness add it in permanently in to void form make it cool.

That doesn’t really fix this specific problem, but people are definitely sick of being rooted in place. Cast while moving means you don’t interrupt what you’re doing, but it doesn’t fix the problem of literally not having enough globals to do everything you want.

like come on hunters are broken so are monks priest problem is we play with half our that talents are dead and an under tuned mastery and every is almost dead when we even start to deal any damage.

Would love to see that, as well as our insanity bar doing something. I mean, it’s supposed to indicate how insane/deep into madness we currently are.

1 Like

nevertheless, discipline is being ignored :slight_smile:

Parmanent insanity?
The deeper you go, more hostile the World become… or friendly
Would be interesting, tho’ mechanicaly impossible

Why do ppl still wannt shadow to be some ultra-gimmick out of the line spec?
We were exactly that in legion and ppl webt berserk over it. I loved it, but here we are…cd bot build spent.

People want the theme to match the mechanics. Whatever that ends up being.

The sl changes were a quick fix to divert from the absolute car crash that was coming after what we saw on alpha. Now it’s been two years, we’re moving into an expansion where the focus seems to be baseline classes and specs, yet what we’ve received does nothing in any aspect to combat the issues of the spec, nor does it even ‘finish’ unfinished bits everyone was aware of before sl even launched.

Shadows a mess right now, it’d have been a lot worse had bliz done nothing in the run-up to sl, but it’s still a mess. And the tree released for DF showed they initially had no plans to fix that.

I’m just hoping the consistent quality and tone of the feedback they’ve received thus far changes that.

3 Likes

Its funny, when i first saw SL spriest i knew it will be total trash spec, and all the pros and youtubers were like its perfect xD

Would take legion / bfa voidform anytime over this crap