Blizzard who asked you for this?

Before the main topic start I wanna ask you Blizzard, if we see here changes LIKE THIS, where the fel you have been the whole Alpha/Beta tests? There was a numerous posts on the beta branch of the forum, where warlocks that actually play the game had their feedback on the talents. We made tons of feedback during the beta here on forums or using in-game tools. And thing is, after all Beta feedback, after all live/retail feedback, you still goes against the wishes of the demo players. Instead of analyzing the core issues that we have - like hardcasting and ramp up nature of our toolkit that falls flat in actual game without having overturned spells to balance the poorly designed nature of our spec. You instead decided to make a 180 turn and do some other stuff.
Here I wanna ask you another question, who actually plays the demo - you or we - players? For whom you design demo - for yourself or for us?

Developers’ note: We’re working to reduce the peaks and valleys of Demonology’s throughput by depowering Call Dreadstalkers. This will allow us to compensate by increasing the throughput of Demonology’s other rotational spells. We hope to have those tuning adjustments soon. Lastly, the Demonic Core economy has been too generous in Dragonflight. We want to return Demonology to a place where Shadow Bolt is frequently cast,

• Ripped through the Portal, Demonic Knowledge, Shadow’s Bite, Demonic Meteor, and Fel Might have been removed.

• Fel and Steel has been redesigned – Your primary Felguard’s Legion Strike damage is increased by 10%. Your primary Felguard’s Felstorm damage is increased by 5%.

• New Talent: Heavy Handed – Increases your primary Felguard’s critical strike chance by 10%.

• Heavy Handed is located in Fel Might’s previous location.

• New Talent: Cavitation – Your primary Felguard’s damaging critical strikes deal 10/20% increased damage.

• Cavitation is located in Umbral Blaze’s previous location.

• New Talent: Shadowflame Acolyte – Shadow Bolt deals 15% increased damage and Demonbolt deals 10% increased damage.

• Shadowflame Acolyte is located in Demonic Knowledge’s previous location.

• New Talent: Imp-erator – Increases the critical strike chance of your Wild Imp’s Fel Firebolt by 5/10%.

• Imp-erator is located in Demonic Calling’s previous location.

• New Talent: Dirty Hands – Hand of Gul’dan deals 8/15% increased damage and the critical strike chance of Hand of Gul’dan is increased by 8/15%.

• Dirty Hands is located in Inner Demons’ previous location.

• Fel Covenant has been moved to Shadow’s Bite’s previous location.

• Fel Covenant is now 1 rank (was 2 ranks).

• Umbral Blaze has been moved to Fel Covenant’s previous location.

• Dread Calling has been moved to Ripped through the Portal’s previous location.

• Dread Calling is now 2 ranks (was 1 rank).

• Demonic Calling has been moved to Demonic Meteor’s previous location.

• Demonic Calling is now 1 rank (was 2 ranks).

• Inner Demons has been moved to Dread Calling’s previous location.

• Inner Demons is now 1 rank (was 2 ranks).

Demonbolt damage feels impactful, and the number of instant casts available is a bit more limited.

A have a solution for you here - bring Pleasure through pain as a PvE talent instead of Shadow’s bite.

• Flamestrike has been removed from the talent tree and is now learned at level 12.
  • Cauterize has been removed from the talent tree and now learned at level 19.

Where are our changes like this? Why the fel mages have changes like that while we have all the crap above?

Umbral Blaze has been moved to Fel Covenant’s previous location.

Have you fixed that talent? Cause right now it is barely procs and not with that talent investment.

• Fel and Steel has been redesigned – Your primary Felguard’s Legion Strike damage is increased by 10%. Your primary Felguard’s Felstorm damage is increased by 5%.
  • New Talent: Cavitation – Your primary Felguard’s damaging critical strikes deal 10/20% increased damage.

None of us asked for % based talents - you force Felguard as our main demon, removing any gameplay possibility to utilize other demons and instead of making FG unique and cool, you just dump %increase talents - it is boring - you are boring!

13 Likes

What the actual heck is going on, are they serious?
Have ANY of you devs ever played a SINGLE MYTHIC+? Every mechanic DISPLACES YOU. Bosses AND trash spawn swirlies. Big ones, small ones, fiery ones, stunning ones. Then theres the knockbacks. Then there is your new affix, which makes you move. The whole Sarkareth fight is about movement for fs sake.
The community put up with this design, because we know you wont reevaluate your design philosophy, but its old as time. Nevertheless, we put up with it. And now you want people to HARDCAST? In the ocean of swirlies and displacement effects? Its hard as is to line up your CDs and you have to learn how to move effectively if you want to do an even okay DPS, but this is completely out of touch. This whole change timewarps demo back to classic where your rotation was… Shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt…

These changes absolutely HAS to be reverted.

11 Likes

It’s horrific. The best Demo has felt in ages and they pull something like this?

If you told me the person who came up with these changes had never played a second of Demo, I’d believe you. Cos no one who has played Demo in M+ would tell you this is a good idea.

They’ve nerfed dogs so many times before this, so it feels like they are spitting the dummy out and saying “If we can’t balance it right, then screw you. You can’t have it anymore!”

Maybe I’m being melodramatic, but this has seriously put me off playing. Cos I know the spec I’m really enjoying is living on borrowed time.

2 Likes

I hate these changes, Demo becomes even more turret-y (In a very movement-heavy environment), and most talents become flat increases, which i distinctly recall being something Blizz said they wanted to avoid, and the spec is forced even harder on using felguard, because most of those flat increases are to felguard, meaning that using any other pet for its utility is a really bad idea.

2 Likes

Probably almost no one, but they’ll gaslight you into believing that everyone did.

Now because there are people always asking for reworks, what is next? Havoc, will that be ruined too? Or enhancement?

I don’t know at this point

It also seems really premature. Like what are they basing all these changes on? One week of the patch being live?

I am at a loss for words. How on earth have they arrived at this decision?

1 Like

So you not excited for the new color of your imp? Maybe makes you to summon imp after years of his unnecessaryness.

Nah, I’m into tall six handed evil ladies)

1 Like

I was legit very excited for it. But I’m not kidding when I say these changes have killed any excitement I had.

1 Like

And its exactly the same with pvp scene as demo aswell…
Imagine this changes vs melees.

But anws , it is what it is, they wont listen anw.

Most of the changed talents will become simple damage increases to the primary (Non-grimoire) felguard, so it will only become a greater DPS-loss to summon another minion once these changes go through.

I’m hoping the customizations also affect the wild imps (Doubt it, though), and that we maybe get some felguard customization, or (Dare i hope?) being able to “transmog” it to other demon types (Still the same skills, though)

Blizzard is once again on a Crusade to make everybody who plays their game hate them.
Whether you’re a Wrath/OW soon Diablo and Retail player

2 Likes

kalamazi on the demo talent changes…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQhyarN9_04

Would you look at that, Kalamazi coming up with better ideas at 5am on no sleep. I really hope the complaints get enough traction to warrant a response from Blizzard!

1 Like

The more you complain, the more shadowbolts you have to cast later :slight_smile: Btw, why everyone so suprised? In shadowlands they were forcing affliction to cast shadowbolts too… spec who even doesnt need to have it in spellbar.

1 Like

You dont need guy like Kalamazi to come up with any ideas. The fact is, you don’t need devs to do that either. The thing is that rework came absolutely from NOWHERE and noone wants it. I dunno where they are getting their feedback tho, it sure as hell aint no forums or reddit. Is it coming from some discord (warlock) server? Who knows. We dont want rework, pull it out.

I don`t want to cast shadowbolts, its the most anoying gameplay, demo is great now

MoP was Warlock’s pinnacle design with every spec. Maybe we can experience it again in 2026.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.