Blood DK and GCD

Recently started lvling protection paladin and benched Blood DK for a simple reason (well two reasons) Blood DK’s damage is toooooooo loooooo (we all know that) but overall the class feels so slow. Setting up everything that you need to set up takes so long due to everything being on GCD that trash falls faster than you are able to set yourself up for tanking.

In comparison with Prot Paladin - what really makes the difference is a slight small thingie like Shield of Righteous the main resource spender being off the GCD - this makes the class much smoother and overall feels way faster. I know that no one who matters gives a wet shizz about the forums but I think that something, preferably at least Death Strike should be off the GCD for Blood DK.

Howgh

rune tap should be free and off GCD

DS has been mentioned before years ago but i doubt it will go offf GCD

1 Like

Rune tap is off GCD is it not? Not sure now.

it is, but i mean being off GCD and also be free as that rune could be used for resources and sometimes feels really clunky

Another bad thing is that the source of our active mitigation is also the main source of our damage. Death Strike - which is meant to be spammed (if you want to deal some damage) and also is not meant to be spammed cause it should be used after a big chunk of damage received.

Now how am I supposed to use Death Strike exactly? :smiley:

I’ve always wanted DS off the gcd as blood, but somehow people have a problem with that and say it would be unbalanced. I don’t see it, maybe someone can explain to me exactly why that would be unfair to other tanks.

The only times it becomes OTT is in very niche times you can pot loads of runic power to actually spam ds enough. The only times this ever occurs is when haste is being boosted beyond like diminishing returns. Those sorts of events other classes are far more beyond “fun broken” if they have access to the same niche moments. We dk’s just get judged and likely nerfed more is all. DK’s truly have not had a top to bottom overhaul for many years now. Everything we got is what just comes and goes from prior pruning or nerfs/buffs. Blizz just aura adjusts us 99.99% of the time out of bone idleness. E.g. Blood got it’s Marrow rend nerfed in BFA due to mostly M+ tank moaning within first few months (I still haven’t seen VDH get some kind of nerf yet). It literally got reverted back to what it was originally. Here in SL because we are made of tissue paper since day one it’s probable that we might get our armour passive back to Veteran of War with even more stamina. I don’t recall how much or if at all the stamina was reduced. But I defiantly know it used to provide a passive contribution to armour amount. I also wish we didn’t have so many abilities tied to physical damage or least how scaling works in SL I feel as if I’m hitting the same numbers as I was 160 as to 209.

It wouldnt make sense.

Just accept you are playing a spec that needs proper skill unlike other tanks.

I get what you are trying to say but I would like to feel rewarded for the extra effort I am forced to put into playing my spec you know :smiley:

Removing gcd from DS also removes half the skill required to play bdk

Care to elaborate?

Bdk main kit consists of Ds’ing in the right moment, but that also requires you to have runic power stored.

Removing Ds from gdr would make you able to generate runic power while ds’ing at the same time.
And that is the main question you have to ask to yourself while tanking:
“Can I survive a gdr to generate more runic power or do i need to heal right now?”

Choosing the wrong option will make you die, removing this will simplify bdk a lot.

Bdk would be about farming runic power and then Ds’ing when hp goes too low, instead of having to know there is no damage in the next second so you can freely generate more runic power.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.