Blz51918018 - Can not connect

Hi,

Having issues connecting to WoW/Classic WoW with my EU license (game works fine on NA, and other Blizzard games such as Hearthstone or Overwatch work fine on EU too).

After talking to a GM through livechat support, they suggested I post here.

The game does not connect to the realm list and instead immediately disconnects me with the error code BLZ51918018 (which the GM could not find a reference for and does not exist on the Blizzard support pages or Google).

I have tried every step in the troubleshooting guides, have completely reinstalled both the bnet launcher and World of Warcraft and even tried tethering 4g internet. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Thanks

EDIT: I’ve tried a VPN too, same error.
EDIT: Also tried changing regions on the bnet launcher, no dice.
EDIT: Works fine on other battle.net accounts but not my primary one.

3 Likes

I have same issue since yesterday “You have been disconnected. (BLZ51918018)” . Tried everything. Nothing work. Don’t know what to do.

EDIT: I’ve tried to login from friend PC and still same.
EDIT: I’ve tried create new trial acc and I log to the game with no problem.

Still having the same issue.

This is happening to me as of today 22/09/2019 19:10pm GMT.
Classic and Retail EU. Tried most things.

Restarting launcher
VPN

BLZ51900001 error code

No idea wut happen but that just appear for me as well… I also notice my friend list is not working again (showing friends as “Unknown”).
P.S Tried to switch realms and I ended up here

Blue post acknowledging current issues here:

It seems that the issue hasn’t been resolved yet for anyone, especially since the error code doesn’t exist, blizzard should definitely do something more substantial to help their players for such unique (and uniquely frustrating) issues!

Any update on this issue? Ever since Classic launched my battle net friendlist has been bugged, showing people as unknown and taking ages to refresh whenever someone goes online/offline, probably related to the same issue my friends are experiencing not letting them log in at all.

Over 2 weeks later, still can’t play WoW/Classic WoW on my primary bnet account.

Works fine on other bnet accounts.

This is a joke.

3 Likes

same here, still cant play

Still no solution.

A friendly GM on US managed to fix this for me, they said it was invalid setting in the account settings or something.

Everything is working fine now.

@Ghz I suggest you make a ticket and ask for GM Ascadalrik.

Hello everyone!

It seems that indeed we might have identified what is the source of the BLZ51918018 error. Please contact our Game Masters and they will do their best to help :slight_smile: Thank you for being patient!