BM Tuning in Update Next Week

(Kaivax) #1

There’s a significant set of changes to Beast Mastery coming in the content update next week. These were shipped off toward the PTR yesterday, but haven’t appeared there yet:

• Barbed Shot damage increased by 125%.
  • Barbed Shot’s bleed damage now ignores the target’s armor.
  • Cobra Shot damage increased by 25%.

For the Heart of Azeroth:

• Feeding Frenzy’s tooltip damage displayed has been lowered commensurate with Barbed Shot now ignoring armor. Its total effective damage remains unchanged.

As always, you’ll see these (and everything else) in the final update notes, which we’ll publish just before the update goes live.

(Huntorz) #2

4-5% buff to ST that does not solve ANYTHING. Literally does nothing.

Still bad scaling with weapons/secondaries.
Still bad azerite traits.
Still bad talent options.

BM might be 5% higher, but when it was already 10% behind the other “low tier” specs, it doesn’t really scream positivity. And cycle repeats yet again in the next raid(Azshara), BM continues to fall off to nothingness because nothing is being done. And then we arrive at the next expansion, where BM starts strong again, then nerfed and we are back to BoD.

Re-work BM completely please, Demonology scales insanely well with stats and it is still about Pets, the only difference is that Demonology gains 100% value of its weapon for all pet related stuff, where BM does not.

(Adlian) #3

Same story with Unholy DKs… such a shame

(Skycs) #4

Agreed the scaling is fundamentally broken.

It’s as if there’s no testing or even looking at data to come up with these changes.

As for the bleed is now buffed to ignore armour… thats how all bleeds are supposed to work in the game it’s a bug fix not a buff.

h(delete)ttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21
Unholy opens a list of embarrassment raids, while BM closes.
Any changes that will appear are too late.
Blizz you have to work faster with buffs and nerfs.
many people, for this reason, receive worse game or slow development of their character because it is naturally weaker and separate from others.
And here nothing will help that I spend more time on the game to improve my performance.
What is happening to me as a melee fighter is a lot of running. This naturally limits my potential, my possibilities.

The problem is also that even if I stay in place for almost the entire fight, I do less damage in the boss than the rest, which, for example, ran a lot. Then I’m 100% sure that there is a bad class balance.
My Unholy is the best example.
Someone will say “but you have a good aoe”, but, to be honest, these are specializations that have similar performance or even better at AoE, and much much stronger in damage in a single target.
For me, each specialization from the last ten(or nine?) places should be strengthened.

PS. Maybe you should consider some skills or talents that would strengthen certain sources of damage while out of the enemy’s reach.
It is ironic that this trait has DH, and DH is one of the fastest classes in the game, so he should not need such help.

It is a small buff that is very welcome but i hope BM will be able to keep up in future patches because i agree we scale really badly :confused:

(Duzurîx) #7

What a well designed ability in the first place so it needs a tiny 125% buff. :man_facepalming: :joy:

We don’t need to buff one or two skills.
Need to change the frenzy buff completely. Change to every cast of barbed shot to add time to frenzy. And should start from 2 or 3 stacks. We must to wait 12 seconds or more to start doing acceptable dos (3 frenzy stacks) while every other class doing this from 1st second.

If you have primal instincts you will get your 3 stacks fairly quikly in your opener and the burst dmg from BW+KC makes it fine. its not MM crazy, but it is stil fine.

Does the 125% buff include Azerite Traits as well? If not the damage is still considerably low and would not give bm much of a boost since it’s one of the lowest single target dps.

imagine having a pure dps class to only get absolutely destroyed by a class that can do everything :slight_smile:

Make Hati great again