Boomies that are rerolling in Shadowlands, what to?

I, like many, am not a fan of the recent changes to the Boomkin playstyle.

To those that have decided to reroll, what class and spec have you picked? And why?

Mage is a high up contestant for me, been an itch for many expansions since they always bring something good to Pvp and Pve enviroments.

I really want to reroll MM hunter, but I am afraid they will nerf them into the ground again come SL. Also, my raid team already has like 3 hunters so guess I’m stuck with this abomination for now :stuck_out_tongue:

i dont know. maybe playing heal for the first time, if they stick with the boring rotation and the eclipse restriction.

I want a class with 3 or 4 specs i enjoy, atleast one heal and one ranged dps…

That leaves me with 3 choices, druid, priest and Shaman…

All 3 Shaman specs currently dissapoint…
Holy really dissapoints, Disc was not my cup of tea in bfa…

So that leaves me with druid, Guardian is okay, I enjoy ferrals mechanics, i love resto (which i will play in Mythic). And then there is ranged dps, which i would love to play in Raids and PvP…

I am really asking myself after prepatch, if Ballance as its now will be enough fun to make me like it, or that the akward rotation will start feeling bad really fast… i am affraid it will be the 2nd option…

This would leave me with no options left…

Out of curiosity, what is bad about Boomie in pre-patch? Was considering maining Druid.

New eclipse system. It’s not player friendly at the moment. What they’ve should do is to allow us to change eclipse whenever we want, on demand basically, just like Paladin’s auras.

1 Like

aff lock or bm hunter on my side… leaning more to aff

Shadow Priest for me. I thought I was going to love the new eclipse system, but I actually hate it. The only thing I love about Moonkin now is the Starfall change.

Going to be hard swapping from such a mobile class to a wheelchair one, but the enjoyment of them still outshines how horrible the eclipse system feels.

Have been playing around with Boomie for a few days now, and I can definitely feel the difference in gameplay style. It kinda feels like a reverse SPriest change hehe.

I see how it feels awkward with the rotation between solar and lunar eclipse, instead of just being able to choose which eclipse to get into every iteration.

Druid is for healing & tanking!

-Grovi 2018

:smiley: Although i do agree that boomerkin is bleh now

I’m also leveling Warlock, just to be safe :slight_smile:
I know Demo is not the best spec they have, but wooow does it feel impactful… all those sounds effects!

Unworthy, begone.

There is nothing wrong with it, its just people reacting to changes, that is all.

To me it doesn’t feel like there is something “wrong” with it :slight_smile: But it is a bit weird that it forces you into spamming Starfire in ST and Wrath in AoE… Because of the whole alternating eclipse thing… Would be better to let us decide which eclipse we want to get into :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well… it’s really really silly to play now without addons, - you’re forced to look down at skillbar all the time, there’s definitely place for improvements here…
Sure we have that aura/spell effect on our screen when we enter new Eclipse, but nothing is letting us know we have just left Eclipse… playing without addons I keep casting one too many Wrath/Starfire.
I wish (default) UI somehow screamed at me - “hey you! you’ve just left Eclipse, now cast two more of the same spell and get ready to switch to that other spell!”.

Yes yes, I do use an addon that does it for me, but imagine being a new player, knowing nothing about addons.

Mage. Really don’t like the eclipse system, loved BFA balance…I’ve no history on druid so BFA was first time…tried to like it, just couldn’t.

Shaman, the druid changes feel awful to play with i have tried and tried recently to get a feel for it but it just feels horrible clunky. Much preferred the BFA system and I am hoping they revert it (like they did the ele shaman).

This…

One damage skill, that burns all your resources, and switches eclipse and gives you a bonus based on how much resource is burned…

Which hits Your target and the same targets as a starfall would hit…

Shadowlands is looking real grim for us druid mains.

The neglect of feral is continuing as expected since nobody at blizzard plays or gives a crap about feral. Actually, at this point i don’t think that they don’t care about feral, at this point i’m convinced that they have a grudge against feral mains and are actively trying to sabotage the spec because they can’t just remove it from the game, balance has been ruined and feels incredibly clunky and unintuitive and guardian is as usual so utterly boring that i’d fall into a permanent coma if i played it for more than 30 minutes.

The only somewhat enjoyable spec is resto, but i’m just not gonna main a class where i can tolerate one out of FOUR specs.

And it gets better because let’s not forget that all of the druid covenant abilities are complete garbage and the soulbinds/legendaries while powerful are just a complete snorefest as they are for most classes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.