Booster get out of LFG

Boosters are not going anywhere that’s for sure but can you at least keep you questionable activities outside the LFG channel? Make your own and spam your “services” in it. Some of us actually want to play the game and LFG is for people that are looking for a group to PLAY with. Make LFB or something.
And before all the people that can’t handle leveling start to jump in and defend boosting It’s an option for you have at it but let the rest of us enjoy the game instead of getting constant spam from mages that are borderline exploiters.

16 Likes

Best idea.
Id love this to become the accepted way of doing things, my ignore list is easily 90% 60 mages. Probably more.

2 Likes

Amen!!! It’s terrible on my server.

1 Like

Yeah my server is a mess as well. “WTS BOOST” “BOOSTING STOKADES 2G PER RUN GOING WHEN FULL” “Mara boost blue and epic reserved” “Selling ZG BOOST”… I almost missed the one person that was looking for a normal group.

1 Like

Why do you have a problem with boosters using LFG channel? They are indeed looking for a group to a dungeon, are you a troll? Why does a booster bother you?

So whats next, hunters cant sell DM loot because you want to “actually play the game”? Healers cant sell services because u want them for free so you can “play the game”? People cant advertise an onyxia run maybe, because the head is on gbid and youwanna play the game? Is this your game? You know the boosters also like to actually play their game, so as the boostees?

What is it that exactly bothers you, is some1 making gold from it, maybe a bit more than you usually do? Why the hell does that affect you

2 Likes

Just another thread of someone pissed over the fact some1 is making lots of gold based on a practice that is actually technically dificcult to acomplish at a consistent level. What pissed people like you, is the fact you dont have the required skills to boost and make the same profit, so you want it gone. Grow up

How mad are you that you made 3 posts this quickly in a row? :joy:

5 Likes

The ignore function works great, try it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So you want a special chat for “services”?

This could be added but isn’t more simple to use the LFG add-on so when some1 is looking for members you see it there? It will even pop out on the center of the screen.

Actually no. They’re selling a boost. That’s not actually a group to do the dungeon, that’s doing the dungeon solo while someone else grabs the loot.

Not in LFG, do it in trade.

That’s trade not LFG again.

Of course they can. That’s LFG.

Guild runs have reserves. It’s still doing the content, not getting carried. It’s still a group not a service. Now if the guild was selling Ony hide bag boosts, that would be trade.

Because it spams the LFG chat with trade related issues. I can’t find actual groups to actually do content with, just people trying to sell me them blitzing it while I walk behind them. Lame.

series of comments by a guy that has no idea what the real complaint is, so decides the complaint and then attacks the user as if the complaint you’ve given them is their actual problem.

1 Like

“WTS boost” is not exactly looking for a group now is it.

1 Like

Any kind of boosting for gold is just nasty. Do not really understand why would anyone defend it but I guess there will always be people who want to cut the corners as much as possible. Im sure a nice patch would fix the issue, lets say having a character 6+ levels higher in your group should result in no experience received. That would teach these greedy losers a lesson and maybe newcomers could actually find a group then.

Indeed it is not since the primary goal is to receive gold and therefore it does belong to trade channel.

1 Like

I mean, otherwise just let people boost or buy boosts if they want to play like that ? You gain nothing by being angsty and calling them “greedy losers”. In fact that looks like a clever way to earn money/quickly grind, so maybe “greedy winners” at most.

Just put them in their own specific channel and everything’s fine.

#nochanges :joy:

You’re not normally selling items in LFG. So selling services is sort of questionable too.

If I were a booster who doesn’t want to trigger people, I’d stick to world (or whatever is the “main” user-created channel on a given server).

But I don’t think it’s a big issue. If you want your message to be seen, just spam harder.

Well the issue is that the chat dedicated to looking for groups to do thing with is 80% to 90% “WTS BOOST IN (random dungeon) ALL BLUES AND EPICS RESERVED GOING WHEN FULL X GOLD PER RUN”…

I don’t like boosting as well. But is it really a big deal? It “feels wrong”, but it doesn’t really change one’s LFG experience. Either spam or look for a spam that fits you.

I don’t think it’s sustainable, it’s killing the leveling experience so far as does ‘locking’ realms. We’ve already seen new dungeon limits and loot nerfs, I think it’s just a matter of time before they push out a nerf to XP when having a level 60 in group. If not straight up give blizzard diminshing returns after hitting the same mob 3 times.