Boosts | Raising Awareness

Please take a bit of time out of your day to watch this video, regarding the announced lvl 58 paid boosts.

22 Likes

Bad news, it won’t break the game, that’s just a myth.

My god, that’s an hour long.

13 Likes

We won’t be able too. Blizzard is trying to keep the retail players with TBC and they know a lot of players (like me) won’t quit even if they screw the game so much because we are too much invested in our Classic characters.

They’ll probably introduce some others paid services : https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1371533802116415498/photo/1

I’ll enjoy my boost, thanks :slight_smile:
Unless I can make an army of alts from 1 time only boost, I see no problem with it :slight_smile:
“But you won’t LeaRN YoUR ClASs” - Neither do you by boosting with a mage.
“BuT BoTs” - Bots will exist with or without the boost.
“MakE WoRlD DeAd though” - It’s not like many people are leveling together at low level anymore anyway, I never was able to do “elite” quests unless I asked a friend at 60 to help.

4 Likes

True.
True.
False. Especially now, the leveling content is lively with all the players leveling characters for TBC. Boost will kill the 1-58 content.

3 Likes

I was more speaking when I did try to level an alt (like 1 year ago) :stuck_out_tongue:
But alas, it’s all dependent on the realm as well.

Funny you are using arguments that are already answered to in the video that this thread is about.

Watch the video.

5 Likes

People will levelling in pre patch so why cant you join them?

1 Like

Because I’m buying a boost :slight_smile:
But it’s also not pre-patch yet.

I really don’t care about the boost, since I’d be buying one either way :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well can’t argue with a 1 hour vid… Guess we lost this one bois.
For real though stop your exaggerating and crying before your husbands slap you.

keep on whining lol you wont do crap because boost = more money
and none of you will stop playing

Based Madseason here to save Classic! We can’t let this happen, boost will help bots and kill the meaning of classic, the old world needs new players, as stated in the vid it isn’t the world of outland but the world of warcraft!

3 Likes

For those who don’t want to level and rather pay 60$… Let them do it, why force people into levelling and risk them leaving the game for good?

1 Like

If they cba to level then they shouldn’t be playing in the first place

6 Likes

It am legit laughing IRL, because everything you’ve said on this thread is referenced in the video. Every single thing. Even the fact that you don’t care what the other person’s reasons or motivations are.

6 Likes

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: - I’ll be enjoying my boost :smiley:
I ain’t watching a 1 hour video just for me to verify that I’ll be buying a boost lol.

1 Like

I just had to leave this here too, it’s from another thread about this video.

2 Likes

In truth I have thought seriously about quitting. It’s been on my mind, so to speak - not that many people would care if I did.

The problem is that I consider TBC to be one of the best videogames ever made, and I was absolutely burning up to play it once again.

But…
This pay-to-win garbage has tainted that joy, and has replaced anticipation with forboding, and hope with listlessness. I no longer feel the same excitement that I did when rumours of it’s re-release started to circulate; now I am far more indifferent to the whole thing. I KNOW, beyond all doubt that this is just the vanguard of a whole heap of game-destroying pay-to-win nonsense that’s waiting in the pipeline, and that Blizzardvision are simple waiting for us to accept the first stage (as people mostly have). It’s like boiling a frog. You start the water cold, so it doesn’t immediately notice…

The problem is that I love TBC so much that trying to deny it to myself is like holding up a bar of chocolate to someone with the extreme munchies and telling them that it was manufactured by unethical third world labour. Most people will grab it anyway, as we lack the willpower to say no. All power to those who DO have the willpower to refuse this ‘unethical’ version of TBC, but right now it’s hard for me to join them.

9 Likes

What if you could get boosted through this video for 10$ if you don’t want to watch it yourself? xD

5 Likes

The OSRS dev team has had their ‘foot in the door’ since release and have been putting in qol changes on the regular.
But hey it’s only been out for 8 years, they’re going to add dungeoneering, runespan, bonfires and afk skilling methods for every skill I can feel it!!!
Lorran you sound like you smoked too much weed homie, too paranoid my man.