Booted up old laptop with very old addons cause problems?

Hello

I booted up an old laptop that I have not used in years, 8 years. Or at least have not updated it. It is so old I have a permament message saying “my graphics card is out of date” and “system is obsolete” in the character selection screen.
Anyway.

i wanted to know if certain outdated addons (which are now rendered useless with the countless years of updates and non-fonctional) can bring issues or red flag to blizzard if it is still installed and “booted” when logging in with a character? I realised it loaded very, very outdated addons. Like OQueue.
OQueue was the predecessor to the LFG interface we have now. Used around MoP era. Thisold addon is of course non fonctional now, but I do not know if it affects anything since the game has changed so much in so many years. I don’t know if addons like this are not authorized now. And even if it doesn’t work,the fact that it was still trying to load, does it do anything to game files? Specifically OQueue because I feel like that addon used to do a lot of complicated things. Even if I had so many discontinued addons on there

Thank you for your help

Some addons are likely banned from changes in ToS but I couldn’t specifically name them, only things like automation or that one that changes how your character looks to you e.g. different race. So really a clean out of your addon folder before you next log in would be best.

1 Like

Addons that are that old are probably not going to be able to function due to the many LUA and UI changes that have happened in the intervening time period.

1 Like

They don’t ban addons, exactly; they break their functionality by removing or restricting the API calls they use.

But yeah, out of date addons can cause eveything up to a crash.

As everyone says, just remove them all and get yourself a whole new set.

Or at least disable them, which you can do at the login screen.

Doubt it.
Just disable/delete them and keep on trucking.

Yes definitely doesn’t fonction. Just worried that the fact it was booted up while I was gaming for a few hours was bad. because if blizzard now has their own tool, and also made it unuseable with LUA, API and all those changes (no idea what these words mean btw) then I was afraid that having them installed was bad.
I’m not going to be using that laptop again it was because i was moving a bit. But yes it is now removed

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.