Bored already

I’m happy for you I really am, I’m just not feeling it atm, the hype train hasn’t pulled up at the station :confused:

Did you not see the pvp changes? It doesn’t take much honor to get a pvp peice of “conquest” gear, it isn’t even conquest anymore it’s honor. You only have to win like 12 arenas to get your loot for end of week chest, and if you want a choice of 2or 3 it’s ofcause alot more arenas or just do 6-8 rated bg’s and you’re capped for all 3 slots.
Just have to do the usual amount like you’ve had to in past expans to get your 1 conquest peice for the week that isn’t part of end of week vault.
But I will agree the first hour of the expan in the maw is boring, it gets alot better in the zones personally.

it gets a bit better after bastion, imo.

1 Like

If you’re bored during the hype phase of the expansion then you should just quit. It won’t get better.

3 Likes

I’m struggling too and find it hard to motivate myself through Bastion. I’m going to get to the end but I hate the on the rails questing style so far. I want to explore and discover the world, not being shown around like I’m on a safari tour.

3 Likes

Exactly. Its like a watching movie not playing the game.
Dissapointed yet again.

They put money to cinematics and advers but not into game itself

2 Likes

Really enjoying the questing. Maybe a little too much AFK talking between zones.

But GOODNESS im glad i can world pvp without getting global’d by 10 procs and corruptions.
Had several 1v1s and its felt so good both ways so far. Win or lose. I felt it was even and both had controll over the out come. At this stage atleast.

Seems you are not alone

Hard to take metacritic seriously with all the people 0/10 and 10/10 review bombing. Both are nonsense.

9 Likes

This… I’m not blazing my way through everything, just taking my time and enjoying it. Finished Bastion last night and will start Maldraxxas later after my bacon sandwich aided by coffee. So far so good for me

Just take a break mate and check if its just burnout

1 Like

Sounds like you need a break. It’s so healthy to have some time off and play something else. Either it will reignite the interest in the game or you’ll realise that you’re better off. No harm done at all.

1 Like

Yeah me too but its because i spend whole month leveling alts and now i have to level again…also first hour you just running here and here and talking with npcs no action at all…but im looking forward to max lvl content

I think you need to take a break. SL isnt bad but after BFA 8.3 all is good :smiley:

1 Like

well i dont know .

6.0 seems to me like very fair score.

leveling isnt terrible but it isnt great (feels forced and kinda slow) . dungeons (did necrotic and plague once for quest ) arent terrible but there is no “wow” factor in them so far)

cant speak about endgame but after what i have seen im not expecting “fireworks”

it will be another decent wow expansion that milions will play for next 2 years.

Personally i would give it a 7.0 for now, but that’s not the issue. I’m talking about individual 0/10 reviews with things like “no new content added”. And there are plenty of those. That kind of review is nonsense. Just like how the “better than BfA 10/10” reviews.

Can I ask you why you feel the need to let everyone know about it?

Is it like you are trying to convey some underlying critic to the game or is it just a personal vent to your feelings without a specific purpose?

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, I´ve already unsubbed - how they managed to release an expansion worst than BFA.

Did I expect anything else - nope. (B)Lizzard is a company nowadays that develops games that are dictated by the commercial/marketing side - meaning its no longer gamers taking decisions but people who have little to no interest in games what so ever.

1 Like

Not commenting on whether I think 6 is fair or not (haven’t seen enough to say) but I think having a score up already (2 days in) and only consisting of 44 reviews makes taking that 6 seriously an bit of a precarious thing to do. If we’re seeing a 6 a month or so in and over twice the reviews, fair enough.

It’s akin to me asking one of my classes how a product is and taking their opinion to be the “wider standard” given my class is over 44 individuals. Nobody would seriously believe the figure I get from that exercise could be an accurate gauge of things, even of by some coincidence it turns out the wider arena shares their opinion.

This isn;t even considering the quality of the reviews themselves. As someone has mentioned some of them go straight to 0/10 and provide no reasoning for this, or base it upon one perceived flaw, whilst others will give it 10/10 based upon one hype aspect. This stuff will weigh itself out in a larger sample, but with 44 reviews only, the influence of these “bunk reviews” is way too large to take the figure seriously.

2 Likes

:smiley: Are there really some people already who are leaving Shadowlands?