Bored of WW Monk, what next?

Hello guys,
I’ve been a WW Monk in Legion, and in BFA it was a let down (i know, it’s still a good class, but i feel cheated after knowing what it was at the end of legion), so i look around for new classes. I usually just stayed WW, but occasionally i went BRM or MW, in case it was needed (mostly because we needed the role, not because i enjoyed trading it around).
My main problem with Monk is it’s survivability, and soloing limitations. I just cant kill certain mobs alone because i cant take that much punishment. Although i love the mobility.
So i looked around: Rogue, Warrior, Paladin.
Which one of it would you recommend to me? I have different problems with each class (only dps role, no healing, mobility).
Which of these classes can solo world content?

Well rogue has invisibility. Nuff said. If you go horde pls make warrior or pala.

Invisibility dosen’t help with killing things, only avoiding things :smiley: I’m actually thinking of both faction

Rogue is badass at killing things.

Well, if you are talking about pvp, probably.
I forgot to add i mostly PVE, and warrior and paladin are badass there too.

I believe rogues always get accepted to groups pretty well. I think warriors too tho. Rets not so much. If you want to dps go rogue or warrior. If you have want to tank+dps go warrior. Paladin can do all roles also, which is pretty nice when you just want a pinch of variety to your wowing.

If you want to be sneaky trickster who can go easily in and out of combat go for rogue.

If you want to be a badass two-hand swinger who goes balls to the walls for crazy amounts of pressure, go warrior.

If you want to play all roles and want to feel kind of immortal (bubble, lay on hands, great self heals no matter the spec etc.) go palidan.

On the level of casualness i play, i dont think i’d be dropped from a group because of my spec. I just want a decent class who can deal with most things i can throw at it. So based on your opinion: paladin i guess

Idk how different any of them would be compared to WW. WW is probably one of the best dpsers to do solo content with.

BM doesnt have much selfheal so if you want soloing really tough things where you cant burst it down fast enough i guess prot pally would be better.

Since you are playing so casual, just choose the one you enjoy the most or slowly level up all of them.

If understand your needs correctly I would suggest a paladin.
Retribution doesn’t have the depth it used to have but it still has pretty nice damage plus a ton of defensives and self healing compared to the windwalker.
And if what you’re trying to kill still gives you trouble you can go protection and stay alive forever =)

I’ll do just that, thank you for the response :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you feel bored because you are not being able to solo content efficiently or you just don’t enjoy the playstyle of a monk.If second then those you’ve listed above (except the rogue) will probably make you reroll back to monk in no more than a week. Warrior must be the most boring thing you can possibly play in both PvE and PvP. The typical mongo smashing machine , especially fury. Ret pala is not exception. Probably one idea more enjoyable because you have some utility at least. Unlike warriors where you do nothing else but train one target to ashes 24/7.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.