BOTs are Evey where

Why don’t you ban Bots? They are ruining the game, for example no one can catch black lotus except bots, they are hacking on black lotuses, bots knows the exact respawn location of new black lotus and somehow they teleport on it

5 Likes

I thought lotuses could drop from any high level herb? Bots can’t ‘cover’ all those.

report all bots!! and admins please ban confirmed reported bots as soon as possible. They should be able to generate nothing at all : a negligible amount of wealth, and never get past a low level etc. Thank you!
You will also need to check into instances from time to time, if a bot has managed to dodge reports or somebody turned their high level char into a bot to farm some instances. Please ban these accounts immediately. Thank you!
I have seen 1 bot today out of a good dozen guys. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of bots. I reported the bot. He got to level 30 though. (but, it’s harder to spot a bot before level 20, because he will not be faught before then. Low level bots should still be banned quickly as possible, since low level stuff matters in the economy as well, which is a good thing, so please keep it clean!!). I expect that bot’s account will be quickly banned.
Lacking GMs? Contact me and we can make a deal.

‘‘Why don’t you ban bots?’’

Same reason as a zillion about of people have said before.

MONEYYYYYY.

2 Likes

how to determine that the complaints received against the player are not a targeted action against the offender? I mean, for such measures, we need a separate staff.

look at kaivax, I’m sure this poor guy is now working for ten employees. perhaps he even stays to work at night so as not to lose his job.

people abuse the reporting system more often than you complain about the bot. if you start to ban, then thousands of innocent players will be banned for life!

And? Collateral damage.

obviously an admin has to come check that the reported characters are bots, it’s anti cheating 101. False positives CAN definitely happen : so long as you can revert and fix that reasonably quickly, it may be something to live with to keep the game really clean

I’ve been messing up the bot farm for over a month now. The administration does not react in any way. Two characters (Zerkon and Kreamoo) farm in turn 24/7. Dreadnought server. Take action already.

unlikely. they do ban paying players on full automode as well. their algos are simply not good enough. too many false negatives (on bots) and false positives (on players)

They did ban the 2 bots I spotted yesterday, apparently.

Algorithms are never enough to deal with cheating, you also need admins.

Please ban all confirmed bots, and ban them as quickly as possible! Don’t let them generate anything through cheating! legit game please!

one admin checking out hinterlands is all that would be required. or on the player side a GM that actually looks into stuff. apparently the cost/benefit is too high for Them. Wow classic is probably in the rounding error of actiblizz total revenue

this stuff will sort itself out as if they actually don’t deal with cheating and we see it, a lot of us will stop playing (i would exit wow subscription, as opposed to keeping it to play any expansion that i’m not interested in etc). However, we should account for the possibility when somebody report a bot, maybe they spotted a real player and thought it was a bot, it can happen. Indeed, it doesn’t take that many admins to deal with cheating I think, because we are already doing the reports for everything open world, and because the bots when deleted lose days of progression, the accounts they have to pay for etc.

What I’m seeing so far honestly, is very few bots on Dreadnaught. There are some, but I think there would be a lot more if they didn’t deal with cheating at all (I have seen it on servers where admins did deal with cheating a lot, there were still a lot more bots actually. They were also more populated realms : without layers). So I believe they are doing stuff. Like I said the 2 bots I reported yesterday are already gone, that’s pretty fast and good.

Anyway, again anti cheating is a basic quality thing for any game company so this is expected.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.