Bots, bots, bots and bots again

Dear Blizzard

I have paid for your services for 15 years and counting. And as such, you may say that the joke is on me.

Recently I have transferred a character to Dreadmist, EU (Horde PvP) and I have come to learn two things:

1. The realm is dead. I rarely come across another player like myself.
  2. The characters that are online are online 24/7. Whenever I want to go out into the world to pick some resources that fit my specialization (feral druid) and professions (herbalism/ alchemy, elixir mastery) I find that I can’t find anything that I need to make the potions and elixirs that I would like to use to buff myself to do quests, battlegrounds, etc.

Why is this?

The bot scene is real! I even saw two automated players slug it out one day over the same terocone spawn. It was bizarre to say the least. I cant compete against this technology, and frankly I am loathe to even try.

It feels very disappointing to fly around a zone for hours to farm materials for maybe 5 potions. Is that working as intended? It is odd enough that you have killed the old servers and merged all people into the Firemaw/Gehennas mega-servers, but why would you not at least maintain the system pure, so that you keep your low pop servers free from Bot’ing activities? I must have killed the same alliance hunter bot in another zone maybe 100 times now, and while that is good honor, it frankly is annoying to see that he logs on night and day and just farms with no consequences. AT.ALL.

I use your reporting system, and yet I see the same names day in and day out just hanging about the same zones.

Why dont you care?

Regards
A very frustrated old customer!

4 Likes

you play on a dead server and the report/ban system is automated. if you dont get another 15-20 people to report those same mobs they will never get the auto ban, which means that they will never get banned in general because no gms exist for manual bans

1 Like

BLIZZARD DO SOMETHING please, guys. Jesus! It’s killing me. THere are so many alliance bots and I cant target them, because once I follow them and they land on a spawn, they disappear real quick and they only appear again once they have claimed the node. I CANT WIN!

Ok calm down… just do yourself a favour and ignore the issue and move on. No one will do anything sorry.

You know I find this kind of ironic. While Blizzard really did use to have active GMs, the fact is WoW was plagued with bots from the very start. There never was a time in WoW without bots, and there also used to be constant RMT advertisment in both general channels and in whispers/mail. Not to mention names of websites selling gold spelled out in corpses of lvl 1 alts. That was at least inventive, gotta give them that.
In fact my very first addon in Vanilla was a chat filter that removed gold ads, because the chat in cities was nigh-unreadable. Let’s not pretend this isn’t part and parcel of MMO genre.

Blizzard dont read EU forums, spare your self the trouble mate.

What are you talking about mate?
There are no bots here.

Go back to sleep.
And don’t forget to buy the store mounts on retail.
:upside_down_face:

IT’s rediculous. Even after reporting and reporting and reporting and I just keep seeing the same bots over and over and over.

They are doing the same thing and some are even aggressive when encountering them on pvp realms in open world. So weird. I have been killing the same alliance bot maybe 150 times now.

In Terokkar forest we are in the grotesque situation where the bots farm NOTHING BUT TEROCONE and when the last terocone spawn is picked and spawns a felweed, ALL THEY DO IS FLY AROUND IN THE SKY. How fooking absurd is this??

Dude we all know Blizzard actually do not care about botting and they just do banhammers in a long terms breaks cause they got massive amount of profits from bot users and also they just wanna show us they’re doing something about bots.
So better get use to it . When i go deeper in that situation first time; the ehing i saw botting is always profitable so as a botter you always be in profit. Thats why bots always returns. And 2nd thing is 2 bot devs avtually said ‘’ if Blizzard really wants to fight against bots, it is too easy to detect bots with an active tracking…
Buy yes we all know Blizzard already fighting against bots wth all they got (wink wink)

İ wish we do not see the days this game shares teh same fate with game K. Online … (oww avtually that game had active ingame game masters … EVEN THAT GAME !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.