Botting. Stop banning start embracing?

So this topic is going to go up for discussion.

The reason i make this topic is to cast light over what people think og might come to think.

WoW has since it´s beginning 15 years ago had problems with people who use 3rd party software. This software enables their player account to go “Auto mode” while they themselves arent near their computer (guessing)

For 15 years Blizzard have tried to Ban these accounts/Bots but they keep Botting up

SO is it time to change the game?
What i mean is, is it time for blizzard to make their own auto bots programs that enable players to legallay have their characters auto play?

This would kill a problem but just make new ones. I know.

This would destroy the economy for sure initially but over time it will correct itself and if Blizzard enables “Auto play” they can make content that either CANT be auto played OR is meant to be auto played.

Before you go mental think about it. Would you like to use your Battlenet account´s - 10 account that can be enabled (or is it 8) and make your own raids/teams to do content?

DISCUSS
And please just write it as it is pros and conts (preferly id like to see people write from 2 perspectives)

Good day

What you talking about? Blizzard do very good job in banning people who useing 3rd party softvare for things like lvling, profession, etc.

18 Likes

Aha and last night 10 druids was running around in circles on Isle of Thunder in the same paths and moving into the same tent. No m8 problem is not fixed its the same thing as 15 years ago ^^

Might be that Blizzard does Ban waves but Bots keep coming

3 Likes

Maybe that was multiboxer which is ok with TOS, if not blizz will ban that person in matter of weeks.

2 Likes

No,

/10 noes

3 Likes

Autoplay? As a solution for what exactly?

Should we be able to do stuff automatically to be rid of bots?

Your reasoning eludes me.

1 Like

Lol, wow…

1 Like

Dude :smiley: no a Multiboxer CANNOT run in circles in 2 different locations FOLLOWING a PATH with a BIG range between each druid.

I know what multiboxing is ^^ this was auto Botting

1 Like

Then report that person problem solved rofl… Pepega

3 Likes

Pelali

I know i for once would dislike Auto botting. I dont see the reason. But the fact is that it is here. All the time. Even after Ban waves the programmers behind the bots make new codes that goes under the radar.

So how to fix it?

Solution could be to make everyone do it OR make sure content CANNOT be auto played :slight_smile:

So because a handful of players use bots and risk their account (pretty sure that leads to a perma ban), you think they should make a bot for everyone to use?

They are making sure it cannot be auto-played but it takes time. Botters (or the makers of one) find ways to bypass Blizzard’s security, they fix it, ban them and it starts from scratch.

I sometimes suspect it, but I rarely see real botters anymore. Years back that was quite a bit different. So they are doing a fine job.

Btw, autowalk + tomtom + watching netflix can look like someone’s botting…

1 Like

Compared to Legion I rarely see bots now, there are a few but Blizzard are obviously doing a good job at keeping them down. Most common place I see them in Pandaland, getting ghost ore (for mount I assume)

1 Like

I don’t want my gameplay to be influenced by bots.
I rarely see them, they don’t botter me :grin:

Let Blizzard deal with them without us noticing.

1 Like

Ever tried to do a google search on WoW bots?

Programmers is getting so good so it seems its a player that is playing the game. Even timing Logging in and out of wow and EVEN turning on/Off the computer

Instance bots. Quest Bots. PvP bots. AH bots. Fishing/Profession Bots. Miner/Herb Bots. U name it. Making these bots going under the radar.

So how would it be fixed if blizzard cant detect it or cant see if it is a player or a Bot

Make Realms dynamic and make servers individual. Make different roads each day so bot programs cant be used?

No, just no.

1 Like

How can Blizz fix the problem once and for all?

Let interpool go hard on gold sellars?
Make the game ever changing so whatever code is used today is old tomorrow? Or even every hour?
Give Blizzard total access to every computer and enable spyware?

Solutions?

They can’t. It will remain a cat-and-mouse game of adaption.

There is barely a problem though. You saw one guy and proposed us to change the entire game to ruin the economy and any farming. Just report them and move on.

1 Like

This right here.

Remember kids, if you want to bot, remember to also multibox them, because if you multibox, it’s okay :+1:

*roll The More You Know jingle *

I saw 1 guy yes. And by reading on google about bots it is becoming obvious that it is more spreaded and more hidden that it have currently been before.

Im not the guy that just closes my eyes and Ends the discussion :slight_smile: so no not moving on.

Bots is a big thing in the game as it is now. That is a fact.

Solutions please :slight_smile: